Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 6: October 2019 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert gets a 100% in Holiday Festiveness! He is even wearing red shoes. :xmastree::xmastree:

Let us have a look at a tie, attached to Frederik:
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

The suit and shirt is utterly forgettable, but he pulls it in with his tie.
A pattern can save the day and for that Frederik gets a ?
But no more than that, because the tie lacks pang!
A little color would really make it fun.

So the next time, Frederik, keep the pattern but change the color to bright red. ;)

Congratulations on your first post, jhatter. :flowers:

We call the pattern on Frederik's tie - Paisley.

Let us have a look at a tie, attached to Frederik:
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

The suit and shirt is utterly forgettable, but he pulls it in with his tie.
A pattern can save the day and for that Frederik gets a ?
But no more than that, because the tie lacks pang!
A little color would really make it fun.

So the next time, Frederik, keep the pattern but change the color to bright red. ;)

Congratulations on your first post, jhatter. :flowers:

Love the pattern of the tie!

And here is demonstrated why I prefer double breasted suits.
Carl Phillip's shirt is "dripping." That won't happen with Daniel's shirt.

Their looks is okay. But a little boring.
A lapel pin would make a difference.
Or some flashy cuff links.
A flower in the button hole.
And going all out a deep blue or deep red bowtie.

But of course this was at an event in Sweden, where the whole purpose of wearing suits is to dress as uniformly as possible.
It is not a compliment to tell a Swedish gentleman: "Wow, that suit/bowtie/shirt/hairstyle really makes a difference."
It is however a big compliment to tell, preferably a group of, Swedish gentlemen: "Wow, you look exactly the same."

Last edited:
Everything about Prince Daniel's suit is perfect. The shirt is pristine. The pocket square is correctly placed. The bowtie is neatly tied. The jacket has a good fit.

The cufflinks and the lapel pin are as far as I can tell from Save the Children.

A neat and subtle detail for which he will get a :cool:

His message regarding cyber-abuse of children and young, will probably find a wider audience due to his scruffy look, with the shirt buttoned down.
There's a bit of DILF over his appearance I imagine. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, that I like!

A vest is usually stylish. It adds something. It breaks the monotony and makes an otherwise uninteresting appearance, interesting. And there are so many things you can do with a vest. Color, pattern etc.
Even in his scruffy high-school teacher outfit, the vest adds to his looks.
So, yes! Let's hope this s the beginning of a trend. :cool:

Hooowever... Frederik, one does not wear a vest so tight, it doubles as a corset. :ermm:
Nor does one unbutton the top of one's vest (because it's too tight, presumably), one keeps the vest buttoned.

Sadly, I think it's a knitted cardigan with the suede or corduroy jacket which is really sad. I had visions of a natty, colorful vest like a more relaxed version of a three piece suit. Unfortunately, Fred was busting out all over and his jacket somehow rings echoes of Haarkon's shoes . . . please, oh please, spare us.

You think?

Well, a cardigan can work too. Breaks the pattern and adds something interesting. He will just need to keep his jacket on though. - As long as it isn't too tight, whether it's a cardigan or vest, as you point out.

Two different homewear looks for Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Daniel while calling each other during the handball worldcup final match today:

** Pic **

Frederik wins. He is wearing a studded belt and Daniel is wearing a turtleneck sweater.

It has never, ever, been God's intention that men should wear turtleneck sweaters.
If a man ever puts on a turtleneck sweater (presumably at gunpoint) he will automatically lose any comparison to any other man in the world.
Frederik could be wearing an empty jar of marmalade and he would still outdress Daniel and his turtleneck.

I don't like turtlenecks! :bang:

Agree...although Frederik in the turtleneck for his 50th birthday photo a few years back was close to perfection :wub:

Daniel's all black, hmmm needed something more uplifting for cheering on your team.

Frederik extra handsome on a cozy Sunday. That belt adds style. :cool:

Indeed. All black = boring. ?

:previous: Definitely very Swedish (boring) . . . except for the smile.

ps: I saw an interview of actor alexander Skarsgård on a talk show and the host raved about his performance in his latest film, his talent and the money it brought him and I swear I have never seen a noted actor blush and look really embarassed. The host asked him why he was not over the moon, yada, yada, yada, and he tried to explain that he was a Swede born and bred and puffing yourself up was not something that was part of their culture. Even worse, he tried to explain the term "jantelagen" and the host is going huh? I made me laugh because he might as well have said he was an alien, such was the sheer incredulity of modesty.

:previous: Ha, ha.
I can't get over the very large leather elbow patch.

Haakon today, I cant get over the digital watch :whistling::sad:
https://www.kongehuset.no/aim/konge...8a67.jpg/Scale?geometry=375x>&Set:quality=100

Agree.
The blue chain, band, strap whatever it's called in English must die! :reaper:
That's only to be used by boys, joggers and insane cyclists in lycra.
Why does Haakon insist on torturing us? :voodoo:
Ah, dear Haakon, he's the gift that just keeps giving . . . and giving . . . and giving. But let's be honest, if he didn't we wouldn't have anyone to balance the men's fashion and I firmly believe it's the 'OMG, what was he thinking?' response that makes this thread so much fun! :w00t: :shock:

Blue on blue on blue.

Is it a chromosome thing? Genetic? Cultural? I mean men and the color blue.

My favorite color is blue. And it has always been blue.
It wasn't because the walls where blue, when I was a small child, because I slept in my parent's bedroom until 1st grade. So no blue there. Nor were clothes and toys predominantly blue that I recall.
Yet, left to myself picking say three T-shirts on reduced sale, I will almost inevitable select one that is blue (or bright red). It has always been like that.
Many if not most men I know, at least of my generation, favor blue as well.

So what is it with men and the color blue?
William and Daniel being arch-examples of that phenomenon.

Against the cold I assume. I guess he thought a suit might not provide sufficient warmth and he wouldn't want to wear an overcoat (inside) - and he probably also tried to be a bit more relatable to the people he would be talking to.

Last edited:
Blue on blue on blue.

Is it a chromosome thing? Genetic? Cultural? I mean men and the color blue.

My favorite color is blue. And it has always been blue.
It wasn't because the walls where blue, when I was a small child, because I slept in my parent's bedroom until 1st grade. So no blue there. Nor were clothes and toys predominantly blue that I recall.
Yet, left to myself picking say three T-shirts on reduced sale, I will almost inevitable select one that is blue (or bright red). It has always been like that.
Many if not most men I know, at least of my generation, favor blue as well.

So what is it with men and the color blue?
William and Daniel being arch-examples of that phenomenon.

The only thing I can think of is that when men are little boys they were told pink is for girls and blue is for boys. As in you wouldn't give a pink baby card to the parents of a baby boy.
And so perhaps as you grow up in the back of your mind is the thought that boys wear blue as beige or off white or cream is just too Blah!! Safer to go with blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom