Duchess of Bragança's Fashion and Style: February 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow she was soooo beautiful at Monaco dinner, black suits her!!!
and im glad to see the headband tiara again^^

According to flash Magazine both outfits she wore to the Monegasque celebrations were made by Laurinda Farmhouse the same lady who designed her wedding dress. I think she would of looked better at the actual ceremony with a better hat though.

The Duchess of Bragança at the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie in
Potsdam, Germany, 27 August 2011, wearing pink and hat and shoes in blue.

** Full view **

The Duchess of Bragança at the 90th birthday dinner gala of King Michael I of Romania in
Bukarest, Romania, October 25, wearing a pink evening dress. Makes her look quite young!

** Full view **

It's the same dress she wore to the King of Sweden's 60th Birthday celebrations. And the hat that she wore to the Prussian wedding was from her daughters baptism.

:previous: from her daughter's baptism.... wow good to know she recycles.
The dress is a gorgeous color!

The Duchess is tiny, very slim and not tall, I see her often and she is always impeccably but simply dressed, but she certainly knows how to look regal when the occasion merits it. When they were first married a neighbour of the Duke said that he was a wonderful person and she was lucky to have him as a husband and I think the opposite can be said.
I love that pink dress it suits her perfectly.

blujean said:
:previous: from her daughter's baptism.... wow good to know she recycles.
The dress is a gorgeous color!

She does recycle a lot but for very important events, normally those of reigning houses she normally pulls out new outfits like the Prince of Asturias wedding Prince Fredrik's wedding prince of Monaco wedding...

:previous: Thanks for the photos. Is that real fur she is wearing? I remember reading that real fur is still worn in some parts of Europe though I'm not sure what the guidelines are in Portugal.
I adore the coats her daughters are wearing in the first two photos. So smart and cute!

:previous: Thanks for the photos. Is that real fur she is wearing? I remember reading that real fur is still worn in some parts of Europe though I'm not sure what the guidelines are in Portugal.
I adore the coats her daughters are wearing in the first two photos. So smart and cute!

Hello. I do not know if it's true skin. But I do not think so.

Italy seems to be the stronghold of real fur in Western Europe, it is only rarely worn in France or Britain. Generally the further East and North you go in Europe the more often you see it, as the climate [somewhat] justifies its use. Fur trims for winter coats are found pretty much everywhere, fake on those with sensitivity, real on those without.

Italy's penchant for it is really unaccountable !

Italy seems to be the stronghold of real fur in Western Europe, it is only rarely worn in France or Britain. Generally the further East and North you go in Europe the more often you see it, as the climate [somewhat] justifies its use. Fur trims for winter coats are found pretty much everywhere, fake on those with sensitivity, real on those without.

Italy's penchant for it is really unaccountable !

I was only talking about real fur but thanks for the additional detail. I remember reading before that fur is common in the north and I remember seeing a lot of fur coats in the shop windows when I visited Vienna last winter.

Isn't wearing real fur also illegal in Britain? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

No. I'm sure it isn't illegal here ! I know three women who regularly wheel out their Mothers Sable coats as soon as the weather is cold enough...

I like them , both wore Sashes .No idea about the Duchess tiara and her pink Order.
I hope to see our Royal Couple soon.

A slightly dowdy dress but appropriate and it combines well with her sash. Nice to see her there and with a lovely tiara. Queen Amelia's tiara is much larger and would probably has outshone Queen Mathilde who is wearing her laurel tiara tonight. I believe the duchess has more jewels at her disposal than the Belgian queen.

Last edited:
A slightly dowdy dress but appropriate and it combines well with her sash. Nice to see her there and with a lovely tiara. Queen Amelia's tiara is much larger and would probably has outshone Queen Mathilde who is wearing her laurel tiara tonight. I believe the duchess has more jewels at her disposal than the Belgian queen.

The dress is a bit modest yes, but I feel that’s in line with Isabel’s personality. She has always dressed discreetly, but appropriate.
She has at least four tiaras at her disposal so her jewellery box is definitely bigger than that of Mathilde.

I think Isabel's trousers are a bit much with her top but she manages to pull it off! Very elegant.

The Duchess of Bragança at the funeral of Grand Duke Jean in Luxembourg today, May 4:

** Full view **

Back
Top Bottom