Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear.
The glistening fabric of the dress looks like it was wet, or made of fetish lycra, or if it was the backside of cheap silver lamé - along with the overall black, the careless ponytail and a very visible neckline insert added to reduce the cleavage, I actually find this quite unappealing and of low quality.
The comparable little black dress with the subtle glitter worn to a recent evening event was far classier.

To me, Victoria is glowing and happy and looks great. I do have to laugh at a lot of the comments, because I'd really like to see pictures of the severe critics of this very attractive young woman. You know, lots of places in the US are not known for their great sense of style,
Germany has never been known as being anything but rather frumpy and yet we sit here and criticize
Victoria. I sure didn't look as good when I was pregnant as Victoria does. Let's cut her some slack. You know the old saying, those that can do, those that can't criticize- and I mean that in the friendliest way:flowers:

Well-oh-well…
I don’t quite comprehend the recurring appeal to focus on a Royal’s state of mind when posted under topics which are meant to focus on a Royal’s state of wardrobe. ;)
The subject matter here is neither CP Victoria’s mood (she sure looks happy) or whether her pregnancy makes her glow (it does), but a discussion of the clothes she currently wears – her maternity fashion.
And in this case, the maternity fashion on happy, glowing Victoria IMHO simply happened to be quite bad:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited:
Well-oh-well…
I don’t quite comprehend the recurring appeal to focus on a Royal’s state of mind when posted under topics which are meant to focus on a Royal’s state of wardrobe. ;)
The subject matter here is neither CP Victoria’s mood (she sure looks happy) or whether her pregnancy makes her glow (it does), but a discussion of the clothes she currently wears – her maternity fashion.
And in this case, the maternity fashion on happy, glowing Victoria IMHO simply happened to be quite bad:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I don't think that's exactly what I said. Tell me, do you visit WalMart much?:?

well speaking as a mother who dressed up for work everyday of her horrible pregnancy, there are some days that one wants to look nice but just cant muster up the strength to put an outfit together. So you just grab some work clothes that look nice, match, are ironed, and a pair of comfortable shoes.
Every day I put on nylons and yanked them over my belly, which made me feel horrible. Then I stuffed my feet into my 4in heels. Once I was finished, I felt decent, not great, but decent. then there were days that I felt pretty.
I'm sure that almost every woman goes thru this in her pregnancy. And I'm sure Victoria is just trying to figure out what she likes to wear and how to dress her new body while continuing to be comfortable, look nice, and do her job.
Boring or not, she looks good whatever she wears. (but on that last look, I would have lightened up the nylons. A little more sheer, but still black,)

No.
Does CP Victoria?
I should hope not...
...but if so, it might actually belong to this topic.:D
The reason I ask is that in WalMart you can find some real examples of bad taste and bad fashion. In fact, I'd bet that 1/3 of the people in there should be arrested for indecent exposure. There are degrees of taste for people and I really think we should let Victoria alone- you can criticize when you are pregnant and trying to look like a fashion model.

Just as a PS: My only consolation with all the critics is that I doubt that Victoria reads this topic and I also doubt that she'd care if she did read it.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The visible insert on the black dress did detract from it. Some jewelry would have helped.
The shoes looked very nice, I agree that the hose would have been nicer if they were sheer.

I don't like the shiny aspect of the dress, but the dress itself is nice. I think if it were made out of velvet it would have looked better. Her purse was lovely, as well as her jewelry and smile.

Crown Princess Victoria at an audience at the Royal Palace in Stockholm today, October 20, 2011
- the dress looks quite similar to the one she has worn in the Netherlands in September.

** Full view ** Upper part ** September 13 **

Having in mind that you are in the Palace you don't need to carry a wallet, the wallet she is carrying is not necessary in this ocassion, my opinion..

she is carrying bottega veneta clutch

I like the color of the dress, and the fact that it looks to be very comfortable.

Retro 80s style was expected to be the next fashion craze about two years ago...:ermm: since then, it has already gone all the way from couture to 'on sale', so 'ahead of other ladies' is hardly the case.

I don't know how dowdiness (and those bow blouses are among the frumpiest style elements of 80s which were re-discovered) can be declared as a a virtue of CP Victoria's maternity clothes when you only need to look at the royal ladies in the neighbouring Scandinavian countries to realize that a woman can just as well be visibly and proudly pregnant dressed in fresh, young and flattering maternity fashions.

I bow to your fashion all-knowingness.

OMG,,this tent dresses became Victoria trade mark.Every time I open a photo of her,I expect this type of dresses just in different colours.

Last edited:
I do not like these smocks they are IMO too short. What is going on with her hair ???? Frankly she lokks a mess since her pregnancy was announced. IMO

A too short tent, but at least not a too short cheap looking tent.

I'm a fan of the tents. As she proceeds in her expectancy, adding a nice pair of black, straight-legged maternity trousers would really jazz up the "tunics." If she tires of wearing jewelry, she could add a fabulous printed silk scarf to her pony or neckline to punch it up a bit.

I do not like these smocks they are IMO too short. What is going on with her hair ???? Frankly she lokks a mess since her pregnancy was announced. IMO

I have to agree with the smocks/tents. And yes, I can understand comfort and pregnancy, but these shapeless and bland tents just don't suit her!

As for the hair, pregnant women either have the best or worst hair during pregnancy. She's one of those unfortunate women who has bad hair. But it will get back to normal after her little prince or princess is born.

I actually think this is a flattering dress for her, for the way she is carrying. And yes, Kitty, a scarf, or scarves could do wonders.

I think she looks great. The colour really suits her and I even like her jewellery. Yes, if it was me I'd have worn it a bit longer but Victoria has great legs and if you are feeling pregnant and frumpy why not make the best of what you think is your best asset.

Her hair is OK, yes it's a variation on the same old theme but, I think as CrownPrincessJava remarked, some people have bad hair pregnancies so perhaps that's the problem. But she still looks so happy I'll give her a pass whatever she's wearing and however she's wearing it.

Me, I'm holding out for a killer style, both dress and hair, at the Nobel's. I can wish!

I actually think this is her best look in a while. The dress is lovely in its style. She seems to be confortable in this kind of dresses. The colour suits her a lot, IMO.

Honestly she looks less pregnant in this pics than 4 weeks ago
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom