Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is she wearing? it looks like a ruffled apron or maybe a ruffled skirt over her pants.

:previous:

I guess you are referring to the black jacket she is holding in her hands, it's not part of her pants or a skirt.

She cant do without the chunky boots, can she?

The blouse is very pretty and I like the combination with the pants, hooray, this time no tent!!!

:previous:

I guess you are referring to the black jacket she is holding in her hands, it's not part of her pants or a skirt.
Duh, I didn't notice but yes, I was referring to what I can now see is a jacket she is holding.

I love the color of the blouse. Very, very pretty. She looks nice overall, and the style of her slacks is very elegant.

The whole look is unflattering.What's with the shoes?

Crown Princess Victoria at a symposium at the Museum of Natural History in Stockholm today, October 13, 2011,
again wearing pants and a very nice blouse.

** Full view ** Side view ** Close up **

Yet another miss in her maternity wardrobe... The bow blouse (by Greta again like the lilac one, probably) is in a Granny style that looks just wrong on a young mother-to-be and it's already too small, which along with the lack of fitting undergarments leads the fabric to roll up in all the wrong places, producing a weird shape.
There are many more flattering and younger styles in maternity fashion than the ones CP Victoria has worn recently.

Yes same style regarding the blouse and while I liked the lilac colour this nude/beige blouse looks very granny, plus the boring pony tail.

Its like Victoria had a high from engagment to early after her wedding where she made an effort but now its back to matronly & granny, when I see her together with Daniel I have to think of the movie UP!, they look like granddad & granny, very unsophisticated/dowdy-ish.

Its like Victoria had a high from engagment to early after her wedding where she made an effort

That's very precise and spot on! ;) I had said this before, she's letting herself go and it's still so early in her marriage. I want to believe she realizes that and will get back to great appearances soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
The woman is pregnant. It might take every ounce of her being to get dressed. We don't know if she is well as an expectant mother or not. As for the bow blouses, she's ahead of the other ladies, as retro '80s style is expected to be the next fashion craze...and those blouses are very '80s.

As for the bow blouses, she's ahead of the other ladies, as retro '80s style is expected to be the next fashion craze...and those blouses are very '80s.
Retro 80s style was expected to be the next fashion craze about two years ago...:ermm: since then, it has already gone all the way from couture to 'on sale', so 'ahead of other ladies' is hardly the case.

I don't know how dowdiness (and those bow blouses are among the frumpiest style elements of 80s which were re-discovered) can be declared as a a virtue of CP Victoria's maternity clothes when you only need to look at the royal ladies in the neighbouring Scandinavian countries to realize that a woman can just as well be visibly and proudly pregnant dressed in fresh, young and flattering maternity fashions.

I don't think she looks horrible at all. It's not my favorite, but it's not awful either. I don't see any ill-fits on the blouse, but the bow could be a little smaller.

I don't think she looks horrible at all. It's not my favorite, but it's not awful either. I don't see any ill-fits on the blouse, but the bow could be a little smaller.
I certainly don't think she looks horrible, in fact, I think she looks great. Slim black pants look great with an overblouse.
However, the beige blouse is too small for her, you can see it pulling at her upper sleeve. It was just too small in general for her, like she wouldn't be able to do a bear hug gesture without ripping a seam where the sleeve attaches to the rest of the blouse. There seems to be plenty of room for her tummy.

Crown Princess Victoria at the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea
in Copenhagen, today, October 17, 2011 wearing a dark suit and a white blouse.

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Two bigger pics for the details:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
Maybe the suit can't be photographed well, I don't know what it is, but it looks too casual and odd. The blouse looks better.

She looks good today. I like these Greta blouses. And the grey jacket is nice.

Having looked at the galleries over on the Current Events thread I have come to the conclusion that Victoria is trying to bring a little fresh and younger look, possibly because she has been hammered for looking very matronly.

Being pregnant does not help the confidence and Victoria has never been a fashionista. I don't think she has the time to shop for herself and I am not sure if she has an assistant or stylist, although I think not. She has always taken a practical approach to her "working" wardrobe, happy and confident climbing over large machinery at construction sites wearing safety clothes, gumboots and a hard hat.

Her "Crown Princess" persona has always been relegated to formal wear for funerals, opening of Parliament etc. and gala wear for State functions such as the Nobel's. Almost like working uniform and dress uniform.

I really like the pants and the jacket. The blouse is all right, but that bow is too big for my taste.

Courtesy of LadyFinn. She posted this on Victoria and Daniel's 'Current Events' thread.

Victoria arrives to the City Hall in Stockholm for the ‘Kunskapspriset’ award ceremony.

ANP Photo

Having looked at the galleries over on the Current Events thread I have come to the conclusion that Victoria is trying to bring a little fresh and younger look, possibly because she has been hammered for looking very matronly.

Being pregnant does not help the confidence and Victoria has never been a fashionista. I don't think she has the time to shop for herself and I am not sure if she has an assistant or stylist, although I think not. She has always taken a practical approach to her "working" wardrobe, happy and confident climbing over large machinery at construction sites wearing safety clothes, gumboots and a hard hat.

Her "Crown Princess" persona has always been relegated to formal wear for funerals, opening of Parliament etc. and gala wear for State functions such as the Nobel's. Almost like working uniform and dress uniform.

I think Victoria has always had a tendency to look frumpy and matronly, until she employed a stylist (at least this was circulated on various internet forums) and started to look fresh, stylish and young. Well, if there was a stylist he or she has left by now (to be precise when the pregnancy was announced), because Victoria is back to frumpy and matronly again, and being pregnant is not an excuse. Her appearance has aged about ten years or so, no comparison with the fresh timespan between engagement and shortly after the wedding.

The 3rd blouse in a row in the same style is ok but can still be worn when Victoria is 80 years old and I am not even getting started on the inevitable ponytail with hairclip.

The same black pants, big white blouse and odd jacket looked like she was scrambling to find something to wear. Some women get much bigger up top, as in Victoria's case, and that's a lot harder to dress than the growing tummy.
She could use some help, she obviously doesn't want to wear anything revealing, good, but a little simplicity, a few comfy stretchy pants and tunics, maybe nice double knit wool, would be better than this.
If I were her, I would have somethings made.

I think that has been the worst I have seen her hair, perhaps a tie with her hair at the Monaco wedding. I see no reason to wear maternity clothes when you are only in your first months, they don't start looking good until the belly is noticeable anyway. I guess I have just been spoiled by Victoria's outfit to the BRWedding and her engagement outfit, because apparently those are rare hits when she frequently has misses.

Best outfit for a while, minus the ponytail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom