Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2020 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 9 of the thread for Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Victoria this evening at the dinner governor Anneli Hulthén hosts at her residence in Malmö. Victoria is recycling her Baum und Pferdgarten skirt and this top. She looks lovely.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bce6b5c380149e77fd20256f3a7bc6fa&oe=5EC1719D
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bee7383f4285a87afeadc33f66da39a2&oe=5ECE45F4
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e7cc0dd464b77248cdaee5c1f70e6e70&oe=5EC5E336
The clutch
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:160866488:1800x650:w?v=5e25c7d4&m=cmadflhb
The shoes
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:160866545:1800x650:w?v=5e25c7d4&m=ldnfieii

Victoria wore the skirt at queen Silvia's private 75th birthday party on 23rd December 2018 and she wore this outfit at a dinner the crown princess couple hosted at Haga Palace in January 2019.

Last edited:
Victoria looks great but the shininess of her skirt makes it seem rather cheap, though I often think shiny material gives off this effect.

really like the design of her skirt, she looks great.

Dress 3 reminds me of Victoria's wedding dress, could it also be designed by Pär Engsheden? It looks so much like his style. Simple and regal and lovely. Great to see that gorgeous Elie Saab dress again.

Last edited:
Would have prefered Victoria hair up in the 1st photo but all 3 outfits are stunning and the Crown Princess looked really lovely.

I'm so happy that Victoria is repeating the gown from her pre-wedding gala. That dress is amazingly stunning. Love the color and exquisite details. I also love the white gown. I dislike the blue gown however.

The pre-wedding gown is lovely, I hope we get to see it in action on at least one more occassion.

Victoria looks beautiful in all three dresses. I love them all!

Wow we were spoiled. Three looks and two tiaras even :flowers:

Blue not my favorite but she looks absolutely stunning in all three ?

I can understand her not wearing her pre-wedding dress since as its kind of part of her wedding dress. But it seems fitting to wear for these.

Victoria on the new photos marking her 10th wedding anniversary:

** Dress 1 Elie Saab - Pre-Wedding Dinner 2010 ** Dress 2 H&M Conscious Exclusive ** Dress 3 **

The Elie Saab is the first to be thrown on the bonfire. What a hideous frou-frou dress, the skirt looks like made from those typical vitrages hanging in Russian palaces. Crisp and clean lines (what is usually seen as "Scandinavian design"), like her wedding dress, become Princess Victoria so much better. That new white gown is an example. Simple, crisp, clear and wonderful.

Last edited:
And now Svensk Damtidning writes about the white dress "which is said to be created by Pär Engsheden".
Modiga markeringen! Här bär Victoria _drottningsmycket_ _ Svensk Dam

By their wording I don't think it is confirmed- just a lot of reporters and bloggers (myself included) have theorized this on Social Media and I think they know having a designer will sell more stories than not having one. Normally if they receive and exclusive confirmation they will make sure that everyone knows they got confirmation by writing things like "we can now reveal" or "exclusive!" . All they wrote was "which is said" which to me means that they have not spoken to anyone who knows and they are just going to go with the most likely option.

The Elie Saab is the first to be thrown on the bonfire. What a hideous frou-frou dress, the skirt looks like made from those typical vitrages hanging in Russian palaces. Crisp and clean lines (what is usually seen as "Scandinavian design"), like her wedding dress, become Princess Victoria so much better. That new white gown is an example. Simple, crisp, clear and wonderful.
If you attempt to throw that dress on the bonfire you'll have to fight me first to get there [emoji6]

Last edited:
Not a fan of this pink one. I find it too Disney princess feel. The embroidery is beautiful but the overall design is just too fairy tale ball gown for me.

While her hair is beautiful down, it adds to the Disney look here.

A fantastic updo, with that hair ornament, would have helped the look a lot.

I absolutely loathe the blatant hypocrisy of H&M. Much as I don't like the blue evening gown and reckon I could beat you guys to the bonfire with it, they use Victoria to publicise their sustainable brand and I wonder if her dresser is aware of this.

The new H&M store here looks like a $ store with clothes crammed on the racks, not ironed or steamed, fresh and still crushed from their vaccuum packed boxes. A crushed mish-mash of clothes with threads hanging from sleeves, button holes, buttons and hems. There is not one item I have seen Victoria wear hanging in their store.

I absolutely loathe the blatant hypocrisy of H&M. Much as I don't like the blue evening gown and reckon I could beat you guys to the bonfire with it, they use Victoria to publicise their sustainable brand and I wonder if her dresser is aware of this.

The new H&M store here looks like a $ store with clothes crammed on the racks, not ironed or steamed, fresh and still crushed from their vaccuum packed boxes. A crushed mish-mash of clothes with threads hanging from sleeves, button holes, buttons and hems. There is not one item I have seen Victoria wear hanging in their store.
Agree. I understand that being a Swedish company Viktoria is promoting them, as Letizia is promoting Zara, Mango and Massimo Duti. But Letizia is wearing the average collection, even some very cheep clothes, Viktoria wears the Conscious collection, limited edition and very expensive. I mean when an most of the H&M dresses costs less than 30 euros, the equivalent of concious collection costs 300, so for the brand is very expensive. And I don't really understand the message. Environment friendly items costs 10 times the other ones, so if you are rich to buy them you care about the planet. If you are poor you don't care.. I think she contributes to spread a really wired and opposite message.
Coming back to matter, I really love all the dresses

Well, to be honest, her fairytale came true in a way no others since Queen Elizabeth and Queen Margrethe. I just saw a photo of her touching Daniel's cheek during the wedding. The officiating Clergy looked to be swooning with joy.

I am really happy they have celebrated their anniversary this way as it's given so much joy and made those who cried at the wedding weep for joy that their love is intact and their children are lovely. In these dark days we'll take all the love and joy we can get from both then and now.

Okay, I'll admit I love the gowns and we've missed them. So, thank you Victoria for sharing.

I love it because it is a side of Victoria we don't get to see very often. Pure romance and not her usual pared down, heir to the throne, sophistocated chic or Oscar, knock-your-socks-off amazing gala gown.

We know Victoria had a hard time as a teenager with all its unique pressures and it must have been awful having one of the most beautiful and stunningly dressed Queen's for a mother and a drop-dead gorgeous, quintessentially Swedish blue'eyed blondes for a younger sister, even if her hair color and tan both came out of a bottle.

So here we are a decade after her fairytale wedding both she and Daniel have grown and become something of a dynamic duo and her Daniel having become a surprise asset to the SRF and the Crown-Princess-Couple looking as loved and in love as they did on their wedding day.

So, her hair wouldn't last five minutes in her real world but her gown is utterly so beautifully fitted and she looks like a fairytale Princess standing next to her fairytale Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom