Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 8: July 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 7: May 2010 - July 2011 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Never liked the dress to be honest.

Yes, the dress is recycled. I didnt like it back then and its not getting any prettier.

The shoes look horrible with the dress.

Don't really like this dress, never did. I can't put my finger on it................But Mary looks well coiffed as always:)

I liked the dress the first time and I like it now.
It's a simple but elegant dress, and I think it suits Mary very well.

Not one of her better looks. But it's great to see her again! Her maternity leave must be officially over?

Mary's finally back! As always she looks great. Is there a closeup of the shoes?

Mary must have read Maggie Alderson's article in my Sunday M Magazine (The Age)...the article was called 'Let's ban the nude platform spike heel pump'...Mostly in reference to the British royals at the Monaco wedding and Zara's wedding...Her closing quote is '...it's time for the dress shoe to swing back to witty refinement'...I think the main gist (of the article) was that with a neutral outfit - be it black or beige - get rid of the nude pumps that have become such a cliche - and wear something a little more colourful, fancy and/or interesting...So Mary has obviously heard the call which would explain her interesting shoe choice...They may not be to everyone's taste, but at least Mary dares to be different and gets a conversation happening...good on Mary for that ;)

The dress looks all right to me. I'd need to see a better pic of her shoes.

I like this dress and like her shoes, at least they aren't beige or black.:p

Her overall looked a bit messy to me, the hair didn't look like it was done, the shoes out of place. If she had styled her hair and wore simple shoes, I think the overall would've been nice. The dress is pretty but not a stunning piece. The final touches would've made this dress work very well which Mary didn't bother to do.

All of it is just okay nothing spech and borders ..boring..I like flesh coloured shoes actually but fear thet would not have helped this outfit.

It looks to me the type of dress the duchess of Cambridge would wear

Four children in six years, I still can't believe how amazing her physique is. I'm not so much surprised as much as I am impressed. Naturally, and thankfully, we can't see underneath but whether there be additional support or if it can be solely attributed to diet and exercise, she looks a simply terrific.

Beautiful legs aswell.

It looks to me the type of dress the duchess of Cambridge would wear

Well the Duchess' style seems to be very similar to Mary's. Maybe Catherine is taking a few leaves out of a good book.

Yes, they are both equally plain looking girls and so is their wardrobe. Let's hope that at least Kate will develop her own style instead of just going for trends. There were times in which royalty and aristocracy influenced the world of fashion, it seems that nowadays the ladies just wear what is trendy though it doesn't really suit their types or personalities. Crazy world. :p

In my opinion Mary's body looks exactly like the one of a dieting woman who has given birth for the third time. She doesn't look well toned or the like.

Plain looking 'girls' at 39 and 29 respectively, they can hardly be referred to as girls.

Both women are beautiful, Mary more than Catherine but I believe that has to do with age, Mary has an amazing glow about her which I think has come from her marriage and children.

Mary certainly has better style than Catherine, but she's got a good 7 or 8 years when it comes to royal style. Catherine has yet to impress me, but Mary impressed almost straight away.

Now i'm quite possibly going to be told off for comparing the two women, so I shall stop. Both have 'the goods', one know how to use it more than the other. ;)

Yes, they are both equally plain looking girls and so is their wardrobe. Let's hope that at least Kate will develop her own style instead of just going for trends. There were times in which royalty and aristocracy influenced the world of fashion, it seems that nowadays the ladies just wear what is trendy though it doesn't really suit their types or personalities. Crazy world. :p

In my opinion Mary's body looks exactly like the one of a dieting woman who has given birth for the third time. She doesn't look well toned or the like.

I would give anything to look as "plain" as these two. Both are beautiful IMHO.

Plain looking 'girls' at 39 and 29 respectively, they can hardly be referred to as girls.

Both women are beautiful, Mary more than Catherine but I believe that has to do with age, Mary has an amazing glow about her which I think has come from her marriage and children.

Mary certainly has better style than Catherine, but she's got a good 7 or 8 years when it comes to royal style. Catherine has yet to impress me, but Mary impressed almost straight away.

Now i'm quite possibly going to be told off for comparing the two women, so I shall stop. Both have 'the goods', one know how to use it more than the other. ;)

When you are at my age, every woman 40- is a girl. :p To me plain is neither beautiful nor ugly, rather "okay", "nice", "pretty" or "nothing special". I know many young women from the street who come closer to beautiful than the two we're referring to. Let's not forget that the two princesses can afford special treatments. Judging from classical ideas of beauty, with their noses alone (or Mary's ears, very noticeable at her wedding day due to the hairstyle) they're both far from being beauties. They look nice and pretty, that's all. Mary's wardrobe appears classy, but there's a lack of personality for my taste. I guess Diana was the last royal lady who had the spice and self-confidence that can make fashion so exciting. Not that Diana had been a classical beauty. :lol: I'll keep quiet now. ;)

Haha we agree to disagree, I personally belief Diana was plain, boring and nothing special. Self confidence and spice? No way. But i'll get told off again.

I don't know any classic ideas of beauty, but I know beauty itself. Mary is stunning and Catherine can be when she wants to but right now not having the pressure of being an actual royal she's 'laid back'. As for girls on the street, I see pretty some beautiful, but never like Catherine and Mary even before royalty hit them they were both 'fine looking women'.

They can afford special treatments, but Mary and four kids running off to the spa every week? Can't imagine it myself and as for "help", I believe Mary and Catherine are all natural, one thing I hugely respect them for.

Can we get back on topic please and focus on Crown Princess Mary's fashion and not other royal ladies.

Love the dress, black but not boring, and the silver glints in it picked up by the fab shoes. Can anyone ID the dress and shoes?

Thanks, she sure looks better in the dress than the model. She has had the neckline altered to a bateau and shortened the dress.

I like the front of it and how the white (or silver?) shows through the lace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom