Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a reason why everyone else is having their shoulders covered. Experienced doesn't necessarily mean no wrong foot would be put.

Back to the gown itself, I like the newly added embroidery and its gold tone goes so well with her tiara. Yet I still prefer the second version without the embroidery. The embroidery looks too busy with the pleats on the skirt IMO.

The Crown Princess is consistently one of the best dressed royal ladies and another really lovely appearance.

Crown Princess Mary looking fantastic this evening, June 15, for the dinner of the official visit from Norway:

** Full view ** 2017 **

It's a no from me, she doesn't look put together, which are words I almost never use in reference to CP Mary.

Mary looks stunning from head to toe. Love her hair like that with the tiara. The dress is reworked and looks lovely. Plus, the color of the dress looks perfect with the tone of the tiara and earrings and delicate necklace. Perfectly in balance. A cohesive look top to bottom. She looks perfectly put together as always.

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 -

With this length no, but recycling, would gain a new length

I agree that a longer length would be appropriate

Last edited:
I don’t understand the objection. She has worn this gown before with a tiara. What is the problem?

They're talking about the shin length dress she wore on June 14th. Not today's gown.

Mary looks especially good in these types of pinks and muted, dusty colors generally. They suit her and there's a very broad swath of the population where they don't.

Mary looks stunning from head to toe. Love her hair like that with the tiara. The dress is reworked and looks lovely. Plus, the color of the dress looks perfect with the tone of the tiara and earrings and delicate necklace. Perfectly in balance. A cohesive look top to bottom. She looks perfectly put together as always.

She's gorgeous as always! She's the Queen of Beauty!;)

I am not a fan of this repurposed gown. I think the original neckline is much better than this new neckline.

I much prefer the original neckline as well. Love its gold tone with her tiara though.

Mary looks gorgeous. And with Frederik in white tie, fantastic!

Crown Princess Mary looking fantastic this evening, June 15, for the dinner of the official visit from Norway:

** Full view ** 2017 **

I liked yesterday's outfit much better. This dress does nothing for her - and I preferred the previous neckline as several others also mentioned. But if she wanted to 'tone it down' for some reason next to the two elder ladies that wanted to shine in their particular dresses, she succeeded.

I am not a fan of this repurposed gown. I think the original neckline is much better than this new neckline.

Agreed. The gown was not improved by the altered neckline.

I do not think the gown flows. It looks so stiff at the seams. Mary looks beautiful as always. Please put this gown in the back of the closet or have it shortened.

I do like the redesign of the dress, but I think the neckline requires a proper necklace. The pendant on the chain doesn't work, IMO, with a tiara! Or she could have gone without any necklace at all.

I haven't been a great fan of this dress although I like the material for something other than evening wear. Can't understand why you would alter the neckline. The tiara matches well though.

Not a fan of this dress. I agree with many about the fabric. Same dress, different fabric and it could be okay. The necklace is not a good choice, it gets lost, something more substantial would have been better especially with a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom