Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color in natural light but indoors it goes a bit blerg and washes the CP out. The lace sleeves are also unnecessary, as is the middle hair part. Those earrings, however, are just lovely.

Mary looks absolutely stunning! Glad she brought this dress out again!

Loved her look tonight. Love the straight hair! She didn't so the predictable hair updo. She looked classic and timeless. Gorgeous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this dress —- even the addition of lace sleeves. I wish Mary would have worn her hair up.

I looooove the color of the dress. For me she wore it better in Japan.

For the Indian dinner the dress needed some bring around the waiste area.

She looked funny with her hair straight and parted in the middle with a dress so straight. Don’t like the lace sleeves

I love this dress —- even the addition of lace sleeves. I wish Mary would have worn her hair up.
[/QUOTE]Sadly, I have to admit that this time out the gown is both lacklustre and the addition of the lace sleeves looks just plain odd. I find I have to agree with 'Princejohnny' that it looks lacklustre and drains the colour from her face. The subtle pizazz has been soundly squelched and leaves a somewhat meh feeling instead.

When she last wore the gown it was positively adorned with beautifully chosen jewellery and orders her hair was in an elegant updo and her makeup was soft and warm. The neckline of the gown is so high it screams for something, anything, to enhance the neckline. The overall look is not helped by her new densely dark hair colour nor indeed its harsh centre part and the way it flares out against her shoulder.

All in all, it's a bit sad when the only things I really like are her shoes and her earrings (but not with that dress).

Very very beautiful color in the Crown Princess! And as always very elegant!!

I love the color in natural light but indoors it goes a bit blerg and washes the CP out. The lace sleeves are also unnecessary, as is the middle hair part. Those earrings, however, are just lovely.

> I have to agree, the lace sleeves are unnecessary. Further, I think they do think they are incongruent with the sleek and modernist lines of the gown.

> The hairstyle is very similar to what the Duchess of Cambridge has been sporting in recent weeks.

I have to say the hairstyle is very unflattering. What's with all the middle parting now with the Queens and CPs and the harsh hair colouring?
I prefer the dress the way it was in Japan, without the lace sleeves. And somehow back in Japan the dress seems to be better 'padded', this time you can clearly see the outlining of the undergarments, not a good look.

I love that soft blue color of Mary's gown, but it looks too tight! The other lady looks more elegant.

:flowers:I don't mind the lace sleeves but the fit was better in Japan. Her earrings are beautiful

Are those golden poppies on the Crown Princess's dress?

Exquisite , sublime , classic princess .

Mary looks stunning! Beautiful dress and perfect for the event. The hair, accessories all perfect.

I actually prefer it minus the belt but still a truly stunning appearance by the Crown Princess.

I actually prefer it minus the belt but still a truly stunning appearance by the Crown Princess.

I agree with you. I like it better minus the belt, but it's still a beautiful gown and Mary looks lovely in it.

I like the dress who made it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom