The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2019, 04:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I really like all, the dress the tiara , the jewelry, I would like to see her shoes! Anyone knows who is the designer of the dress ? the fabric it is incredible! very elaborated .
love that she changed her tiara ! she looks really beautiful!
Jesper Høvring

Old 01-02-2019, 04:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I really like all, the dress the tiara , the jewelry, I would like to see her shoes! Anyone knows who is the designer of the dress ? the fabric it is incredible! very elaborated .
love that she changed her tiara ! she looks really beautiful!
I also love this gown except for the black zipper down the back which cheapens the gown. Tiny buttons would of been much better and more elegant IMHO. I love, just love the fabric, what detail it took to make and hours of hand sewing.
It is so different and nice to see she is not afraid to take a chance on something new. Would love to see it up close and feel the fabric, bad habit of mine is always touching fabrics in stores and shops to get the feel for it......bet this is heavenly gown in person.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:46 AM
Majesty

Interesting choice of words by the Daily Mail when referring to the CP's diamond, ruby and spinel convertible necklace as a "stunning, decadent tiara". I leave it to the jewelry experts on TRF to judge the quality of the stones in the CP's new go-to tiara.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Interesting choice of words by the Daily Mail when referring to the CP's diamond, ruby and spinel convertible necklace as a "stunning, decadent tiara". I leave it to the jewelry experts on TRF to judge the quality of the stones in the CP's new go-to tiara.
I've been within reach of Crown Princess Mary as she wore the tiara and it had no sparkle at all. It's an attractive tiara, but not that impressive IMO.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Royal Highness

The dress is ok , but because its has a pattern to it , she shouldn't wear so much jewellery with it
( I know she had to ) but I like her is bold colour
Old 01-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Majesty

The Queens should see how to wear perfectly a Collar of an Order ON a Dress.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Queens should see how to wear perfectly a Collar of an Order ON a Dress.

I agree. The collar's placement was a little off, but, to be fair, the gown's neckline made it difficult to place the collar.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Courtier

I really like this look from the front. The gown sets off the Order of the Wlephant chain quite nicely, to my eye, and I like the more subtle sparkle of this tiara with that fabric. But that back zipper...it’s a trend, I know, but I’d rather see the trend confined to less formal attire.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the dress is hideous!
A rare miss for Mary.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You need to see the Robyn Utrecht HD pictures to understand the gown. Most of it is embroidered lace - but in a decidedly untraditional embroidered lace style. And there are colors in there that you cannot see in the main press photos. It's quite beautiful and innovative. Also the fabric was obviously difficult to make - and in that way, very regal, IMO. https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...00032_1oVgQGEg.
Thanks for the link! I did change my mind about the dress after looking at the pictures. It's a work of art. Her best? No, but a great dress for New Years Court.

Example: https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...00032_1oVgQGEg
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Thanks for the link! I did change my mind about the dress after looking at the pictures. It's a work of art. Her best? No, but a great dress for New Years Court.

Example: https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...00032_1oVgQGEg

Thanks for the link on the gown......yes it is a work of art for sure. In viewing the link you can see how luxurious the fabric is. What I gorgeous piece of fabric this is, if only she did not have to wear so much jewelry with it..........let the dress speak for itself!
Old 01-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You need to see the Robyn Utrecht HD pictures to understand the gown. Most of it is embroidered lace - but in a decidedly untraditional embroidered lace style. And there are colors in there that you cannot see in the main press photos. It's quite beautiful and innovative. Also the fabric was obviously difficult to make - and in that way, very regal, IMO. https://robinutrecht.photoshelter.co...00032_1oVgQGEg.
Thanks for posting the link. The additional context was very helpful. I didn't dislike the dress initially, but I was underwhelmed. Having seen the richness of the embroidery, and the details of the fabric, the dress makes a lot more sense to me now. It's still not one of my favorites, but at least Mary didn't look underdressed for the occasion, which was my first impression.

It happens a lot on the fashion threads: the first photos come out, and the first reaction is positive or negative, and then additional photos or video footage end up giving a totally different impression.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I also love this gown except for the black zipper down the back which cheapens the gown. Tiny buttons would of been much better and more elegant IMHO. I love, just love the fabric, what detail it took to make and hours of hand sewing.
It is so different and nice to see she is not afraid to take a chance on something new. Would love to see it up close and feel the fabric, bad habit of mine is always touching fabrics in stores and shops to get the feel for it......bet this is heavenly gown in person.
I agree with you with the zipper in the back, also the original model has a black belt and here looks it is the same fabric, I think I like more with black belt.
The fabric it is stunning, wonder where he Found it?

I would have add a shall because of the cold and wind but I guess the palace it is very well heated!
It is a fairy tale dress I think , but agree probably quite heavy!
Humm ….shoes.....wonder what shoes she used?
Old 01-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

I sincerely adore the dress and I bet absolutely wonderful in person. Sometimes photos do no justice. What I always hate is the official orders that hang around the chests of everyone and these woman are forced to wear that to me spoils everything. Although I must admit these are not as bad as those darn awful sashes thrown across their chests which usually clash with everything. Why spend many thousands on a lovely dress and have to spoil. I know it is supposed to be an honor but a small delicate pin would still show the world their rank rather than all that overdone stuff. JMHO
Old 01-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I don't care for the dress - the zipper is horrid - but I think it suits the occasion. Great to see Mary trying something new and toning down a bit in terms of colour and in the jewellery department. She used to look like an Xmas tree at this event with the ruby parure and some colourful gown, worst I recall was the orange dress in 2013.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Courtier

I have mixed feelings. I think the dress looks better in reality - as in the pictures all of the details of the lace disappear in the dark background - BUT - overall, I think the colour is a tick too dark for Mary. I understand why she did not choose the rubies - this tiara is a much better fit.
So overall not bad but not one of her most splendid appearances ...
Old 01-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I expected, this dress looks better in motion. You can tell the colors aren´t as clashing as they looked with all of those flash photographs. It´s not a WOW for me, but it´s a good dress.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not like the gown ... I am not sure whether I think it is the colour the cut is lovely .. it's boring I think
Old 01-03-2019, 01:42 AM
Majesty

The dress is beautiful. Different but lovely. Mary looks stunning. And paired with Frederik in uniform, gran event.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

A terrible gown. One of her worst.