Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 13 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Despite the fact that her gown is recycled, she still looks wonderful and she and P Frederick are a couple that only look better as the years have passed.

Really spectacular IMO. I lovewhat she did with her brooch. There is no end to the possibilities of the ruby suite.

I love the colour and style of the dress except the "belt" at the waist. a smooth line would look wonderful and she has the figure to carry it off. Really like the choker and brooch. Lovely.

mary looks spectacular to night, almost like a queen allready, beautiful. they are a great looking couple (;

Despite the fact that her gown is recycled, she still looks wonderful and she and P Frederick are a couple that only look better as the years have passed.

I agree. :flowers:
Its a lovely gown and i love the color.
Frederik in uniform always wins;)

Beautiful Mary! I have always loved this dress together with Queen Ingrid's ruby parure.

this is a back photo of Mary
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amalienborg
but it is too far to see her hair in detail, wonder any other photo out there to see her hair?

and I love the dress and the neck with the broche spectacular, she looks lovely!!!!!! she recicle the last 2 years, hope she brings new one next year!

That dress, no matter how often she's worn it, is still stunning. Timeless, elegant and divine on Mary. However, I don't like what she did with the ''necklace.'' We're not in the 90's. Just no.

That gown is one of my favourite of hers. The colour is so great on her and the Ruby parure is a perfect match for it. I love whenever she recycles it. She looked absolutely stunning tonight and don't have a finger to put on the look.

Regal, elegant, and just plain stunning. She takes my breath away... I love what she did with part of the ruby suite. Jewels know no decade in which to wear them nor how.

Never can see Mary in this dress too much. Stunning as always.

That dress, no matter how often she's worn it, is still stunning. Timeless, elegant and divine on Mary. However, I don't like what she did with the ''necklace.'' We're not in the 90's. Just no.

Totally agree! The choker looks hokey to me.

That dress, no matter how often she's worn it, is still stunning. Timeless, elegant and divine on Mary. (...)

Just how I would have said it. Mary looks simply perfect in this dark red dress and she has the figure to wear it. The deep red color is beautiful to her dark hair and brown eyes. She looks every inch a Crown Princess.

It's always exciting the way Mary experiments with her jewels.

And handsome Frederik in uniform at her side is a great accessories ;)

Totally agree! The choker looks hokey to me.

The dress is beautiful, and goes very well with the parure. But there's too much stuff on her, and she looks like a Christmas tree. The brooch on the choker is way too much.
And I'm also sick and tired with this ruby parure. It may be grand, but it's seeing it every time she goes somewhere "big" is boring.

It may be "boring", as you put it, redtulip, but it's the only grand jewels she has! She desperately needs another tiara, but it seems that it will have to wait. And how the magnificent Ruby parure can be considered boring, is beyond comprehension.

... And I'm also sick and tired with this ruby parure. It may be grand, but it's seeing it every time she goes somewhere "big" is boring.

It's the only grand parure she has and she mix and matches it which makes it quite unique and not boring. Furthermore it has a big personal connection for the royal family as well as the public as it was Queen Ingrid's. When Mary becomes Queen, she'll have the majority of QMII's parures and tiaras AND the crown jewels, so I don't see how a new parure could possibly be needed. She currently has three tiaras (the Ruby Parure Tiara, the Wedding Tiara and her loaner, the Midnight Tiara) as opposed to Marie's one (!!!) tiara. If someone needs something new and refreshing, it's Marie.

But Marie has a 2nd tiara The Flora Danica from Ole Lyndgarst. Unfortunately she has not worn it so far.

My personal impression of the ensemble was spoilt by the choker.

Last edited:
I agree; the addition of the velvet choker spoiled an otherwise fabulous look. Now if she wore that brooch nestled in her hair in place of the hairpins, or even between those jeweled pins, that would have been stunning.

Last edited:
Yup. Have to agree. That choker was not a good addition to the outfit. Looked beautiful without.

My personal impression of the ensemble was spoilt by the choker.

I agree; the choker is the worst.

No, the ruby parure as such is not boring. But as I said in my post, seeing it every time she does something 'big' is boring.

Just how I would have said it. Mary looks simply perfect in this dark red dress and she has the figure to wear it. The deep red color is beautiful to her dark hair and brown eyes. She looks every inch a Crown Princess.

It's always exciting the way Mary experiments with her jewels.

And handsome Frederik in uniform at her side is a great accessories ;)
I love this gown. The color, the style, everything! So glad she repeated it.

I love the gown; the color, and style suit Mary perfectly. Honestly, I didn't even notice the choker until someone pointed it out. The dress took the attention away from it (at least for me). I'm happy to see this dress make another appearance.

This gown is just stunning. It's a great color and style. I love the medieval look to it. Not really a fan of the choker though. I love the original version of the dress the most. This is one of my favorite looks from Mary.

:previous: I agree that her best appearance with the dress was back in 2007. She looked ravishing. Her hair was down (which IMO is the hairstyle the Ruby tiara looks best with) and she had that lovely pregnancy glow. So beautiful.

Mary just takes my breath away no matter how or what she wears with it. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom