Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 31: March 2019 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the second look. Very pretty dress!

I really like the royal blue dress except for the dip in the hemline in the front. I just prefer a hemline to be even all the way around. The floral is okay but the color seems rather muddy. Hopefully it is the result of the lighting.

The royal blue dress is one of those workhorse dresses that will look elegant in multiple settings, so it was a good choice. The second dress is beautiful, the print and the color are wonderful.

This new dress is a real wow. The color works with her coloring and the print is interesting but not jarring. Her hair and earrings top off a perfect look

:previous: I love the way Mary has put that ensemble together because it gives it an entirely new "feel". This incarnation is somehow more formal yet feminine and the colour is wonderful on her. Her hair and makeup are different and I have to admit I love this incarnation as it fits so well in the sphere in which she is wearing it. Another winner for Mary.

I love the way her wardrobe has evolved and remember back to the first year of her marriage when she was often called nothing more than a spendthrift fashion fanatic and now, all these years later we see a perfect example of the foundation she was laying. These days the voices of condemnation are largely stilled as we see Mary effortlessly recycling items of her wardrobe over a period of years, not weeks or months. She is a credit to Denmark in so many ways and her innate sense of style is just one of those attributes that make both her and the Danish fashion industry shine.

I agree with Marg, NZ and her comment about Mary's wardrobe evolving over years. Well chosen garments that appear after several years, while still appearing suitable and flattering. Spending $$$ on a new outfit for every occasion could well appear extravagant and unnecessary. Her working wardrobe is appropriate to the purpose, which is NOT novelty/entertainment for the fashion conscious .

Some great recycling from Mary this trip. I think there is only one new dress.

It's a very nice dress, crispy white but not boring.

I see that Mary has taken the wardrobe recycling to another level. Only one out of the six outfits of the entire tour was new.

Both dresses are just perfect. I love the white one the most and the new earrings with it.

It's a very nice dress, crispy white but not boring.

I see that Mary has taken the wardrobe recycling to another level. Only one out of the six outfits of the entire tour was new.
That is a very good thing. Mary is a canny shopper and when she debuted that stunning midnight blue evening gown to receive her Bambi Award in Berlin in 2014, I was thrilled. It truly was a swoon-worthy gown. But how many people gave a thought to the notion that it might not be a gown but a two-piece? We've seen a few different incarnations of that little number. And I expect her recycling to get even better.

What I am trying to say is that most reigning families keep it simple. Sweden has the Nobel's and Queen Silvia and her daughters seem to have utilised those particular gowns over the years. I don't expect her daughters to recycle their own early gowns because they are dated. Not so their mother's.

I love playing deja vu and Mary is one of the best to play it with . . . except maybe Princess Anne.

Last edited:
I agree with you Marg, the shimmering blue Bambi dress is still my favourite.

Crown Princess Mary visited the support telephone line The Grief Line in Copenhagen today, May 29:

** Upper part **

It's an excellent color on her, so I'm happy to see this again.

Its a really lovely shade on blue on the Crown Princess.

Very nice work outfit, good blouse and lovely color for the coat. Wish she would do more with her hair as she used to, tired of always down

A classic Burberry trench, I'm guessing the Kensington model? (Because that's the one I have lol)

Now that's what I call perfectly dressed for the occasion.

Very nice, and with boots, too, surely a wise choice with all those large animals about, something hose-off-able would be even better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom