Crown Princess Máxima's Maternity Fashion: October 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For years the secrets of extra terrestrial life have been kept underwraps in Area 51. Until Princess Maxima wore a UFO on her head. Ghastly shape, ghastly colour and far too big. Must try harder.

BeatrixFan said:
For years the secrets of extra terrestrial life have been kept underwraps in Area 51. Until Princess Maxima wore a UFO on her head. Ghastly shape, ghastly colour and far too big. Must try harder.

I was wondering the same about that hat.:alien:

Though I like the colour, I absolutely despise the shape and size of it ...

sesa said:
Personally, and I might get attacked for this, but I think with her past 2 pregnancies, she has looked much, much better.
It seems as if this pregnancy has taken a lot out of her and she is not really trying to look good. Her hair is always a mess, her skin is dull, her clothes always looks rumpled or messy and if they don't really fit. And it seems as if she is using the colors and the patterns to try and hide these things, which is fine, but she just looks as if she is having a hard time with getting things together. She is missing her sparkle.

I don't know whether she looks THAT terrible. Yes, I've noticed that her hair tends to be a little bit more wind-blown these days... and about the skin, I believe she finally stopped wearing a ton of blush on the sides, as she's always worn. Which is a good thing!

What I've been wondering lately is how fast her weight-recovery will be this time. I remember her in Alexia's christening and she looked very slim, but in occasion of the family pictures with baby Amalia, Lord she was still bloated!

Fantastic

BeatrixFan said:

Royal fashion does not necessarily follow 'what is beautiful'.

Queen Beatrix uses big hats, shoulderpads, glittering textures (evening wear) and other attributes to underline her position. From far, by her powerdressing, by her large entourage, you can see there is a VIP walking there, a special person with high status and dignity. Compare that with grey and invisible mouse Paola of Belgium, who is overlooked in crowds and looks more a housewife than a Queen.

'Beautiful' is subservient to the royal function and comes on the second place.

Princess Máxima is learning that from the master in powerdressing herself. But besides this: BIG hats and WIDE brims do flatter the Princess 1.000x more than birds' nests or pillboxes.Her best hats always were wide brimmed and classic ones which simply matches best with her round babypuppy face.

And today's blue/brown suède outfit with matching hat, matching gloves, matching purse and matching shoes was one of the best daywear I have seen, been worn by the Princess.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Royal fashion does not necessarily follow 'what is beautiful'

Yes indeed. I would add the 'matching colours' criteria as well, regarding today's outfit ... :sick: Certainly not taken into account either ...

The outfit itself is classy, but blue / brown ... just not meant to be together, IMHO...

i thought the brown/blue outfit was a great choice especially for a pregnent women. I think royals tend to match colors quit often ex, queen elizabeth II, if you look at evening gala gowns worn by princess mary (especially the bluw gown coat new years eve dinner) princess diana. Royal house have a dress code they dress to sometimes.
Maxima's outfit is very royal.Remember diana's outfits first year of her marrying charles, terrible outfits but thats how the british family used to dress too

Blue - Brown can result in a glamorous and stunning outfit

Verde Esmeralda said:
The outfit itself is classy, but blue / brown ... just not meant to be together, IMHO...

Maybe you forgot about this blue evening robe worn with brown lace and fabulous jewels, worn by the Princess?

Blue-brown picture 1

Blue-brown picture 2

I thought it was worn with great effect and resulted in a stunning Princess.

:flowers:

I really like the blue and brown outfit she wore this week. I would have prefered the brown to be a little lighter (so the color difference would stand out a little more), but the combination is very sophisticated.

I nominate Maxima as the most-chic pregnant Princess!! She's got a beautiful coloring to her complexion and bright colors really seem to 'pop' on her. I like that she takes fashion risks, also.
The blue/brown color combo is very fashionable right now, at least in the USA. Vera Bradley makes a blue/brown handbag called Java Blue that I see everywhere!

I hated her fashion some months ago, but the clothes she wears now are nice again. :)
I like her coats and the evening dresses.

I really don't know know about her pregnancy fashions this time around. It's so .. messy. Nope .. I can't say I'm very fond of her fashion choices these days! She can look stunning and classy and CHANEL one day, and the next her clothes can just be so distasteful and she just wears all wrong fabrics in my opinion! I think she has her own style, a style that I love sometimes. But, the last outfit in Turkey was just wrong. She looked like a sorcerer with that huge hat and I just hate that mix of blue and brown.

Last edited:
Can someone post a few more pictures of Maxima when she was pregnant with Amalia and Alexia? :flowers:

tara1983 said:
why did they come to australia?

In March 1606 the Duyfken, a ship owned by the Dutch East India Company (VOC), that had been sent out to explore the unknown waters south of New Guinea, chanced upon unknown territory. The continent that captain Willem Jansz had “found”, was Australia.

It was 400 years ago that the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman discovered 'Tasmania' (named to him) and New Zealand (named to the Dutch province Zealand).

In the framework of the commemoration the Governor-General visited the Netherlands and the Prince and Princess made a return visit.

http://www.netherlands-australia2006.com/

Princess Máxima attends the Australia Banquet in the Hall of Knights, The Hague

Princess Máxima attends a banquet in honour of Sir Michael Jeffrey, the Governor-General, in The Hague

Princess Máxima is received by the Ambassador of Australia in the Netherlands, mr. S. Brady

The Prince and Princess at Government House in Canberra

The Prince and Princess in Hobart

The Prince and Princess aboard a replica of the Duyfken in Sydney Port

The Princess entering the Sydney Opera House

The Prince and Princess in Wellington

Last edited:
Wow- I've never been very fond of the tiara from the emerald parure, but in that close up pic from Henri M., you can see the detail, and it's really quite pretty- I just wish there was more of it.

Maxima is stunning. Yes she has her off days, but so do all of us. I think that this 3rd pregnancy is really taking it's toll. The outfits from Australia and New Zealand were fantastic especially the long sleeved dress in Wellington. Thanks for the posts!

I think Máxima shows in general good taste in clothes and she looks great most of the time. Sometimes though, she overdoes it a little: too many or too flashy accessories, those strap shoes and definitely, she wears too much blush powder on her cheeks, it stands out in most of the pictures...

Yes, she became addicted to blush. I think she tries to narrow her face. Máxima ... it's just round. Drop the blush pleeezzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom