Crown Princess Máxima's Maternity Fashion: October 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rosana said:
I can´t believe how horrible she´s dressing. That mini-dress, 70´s pattern is awful, the boots don´t go with that, and what are you doing with that poncho:bang:

I agree. Her hormones have made her go crazy. This has nothint to do anymore with the spouse to the future King of the Netherlands.
:wacko:

Henri M. said:
I agree. Her hormones have made her go crazy. This has nothint to do anymore with the spouse to the future King of the Netherlands.
:wacko:

Why am I no longer surprised with your retorts! Pity! This is exactly the kind of answer one would expect from an uninformed man as regards to the hormonal changes occuring in a pregnant woman. :bang:

I always weiting for that whta she can and will show us next time. I mean fer clothes.

I don't think she looked so terrible -- she didn't wear strong makeup (at least in the pic it did not look like it).

I think those fabrics look nice on her

Mandy said:
Why am I no longer surprised with your retorts! Pity! This is exactly the kind of answer one would expect from an uninformed man as regards to the hormonal changes occuring in a pregnant woman. :bang:

I have no any other explanation for the fact that the spouse of The Prince of Orange who has, aside from the spouse of The Prince of Wales, the biggest budget of all spouses to glitz, to glam and to gloria. And look what she is doing.... <Removed offensive comparison/Mandy>

This outfit really was the lowest of the low. Máxima has joined the ranks of Gunilla von Bismarck or the Begum Inaara.

Tacky, tacky, t.a.c.k.y.!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the red patterned dress had just been longer covering her knees (her knees aren't attractive) and top half of her boots, it would've looked much better.
I did like her black & white patterned coat over the black dress and the turqoise purse matched the turqoise in the coat.
Maybe she has less energy with this pregnancy to bother with what she wears. Pregnancy can be very difficult and tiresome, especially if you have 2 other children to care for. Just a thought.

Henri M. said:
I have no any other explanation for the fact that the spouse of The Prince of Orange who has, aside from the spouse of The Prince of Wales, the biggest budget of all spouses to glitz, to glam and to gloria. And look what she is doing.... <Removed offensive comparison/Mandy>

This outfit really was the lowest of the low. Máxima has joined the ranks of Gunilla von Bismarck or the Begum Inaara.

Tacky, tacky, t.a.c.k.y.!!!!!!!!!!

YIKES! Both that Gunilla and this Begum Inaara! they both look awful! OMG!:shock:

Especially the 2nd woman, she looks like she's had not only her face pulled back surgically, but also a whole syringe of collagen injected into her lips. yeeeecccchhh!

She sure isn't aging gracefully (from that pic).:eek:

HenriM. -- I agree that Maxima has some fashion misses and her hair needed to be pinned back on more than one occasion its true, but she has never looked as bad as those you compare her to, imo.

Oh well, I guess it's just all in the eye of the beholder :lol: :flowers:

Last edited:
I have to say that Maxima has always been a favorite of mine. It's such a contrast in that she always looks gorgeous when she's dressed for formal occasions yet for day appearances, she can either look marvelous or off in her choice of outfits. I've noticed that Maxima likes shoes with ankle straps and they aren't really suitable for her. Your eyes immediately travel to her ankles and it seems her legs are cut off! I have slender ankles and calves, but these type of shoes make my legs look HUGE!:lol:

She looks very pretty in every outfit, she's one of the few europe royals who has a good taste for clothing.

IMO I'm sorry but Kalina of Bulgary should learn more from her, be part of royalty and have money doesn't mean you can look awful

Last edited by a moderator:
Katrianna said:
I've noticed that Maxima likes shoes with ankle straps and they aren't really suitable for her. Your eyes immediately travel to her ankles and it seems her legs are cut off! I have slender ankles and calves, but these type of shoes make my legs look HUGE!:lol:

Same for me! Ankle straps should never be chosen when your ankles are that wide (mine are too, this is not mere criticism). I would also add that her knees should not show that much as well.

seto said:
I think it was just the shot that they took. I don't mind the the knees showing we all have them. She is a woman and why not show it.

It doesn't have to do with style, Seto. Of course she is a woman and she can show whatever she wants [among the royal standards and protocol statements she must follow, that is] ...! It has to do mainly with her legs and their shape. She is a well-built woman, therefore she has 'strong legs' and sometimes it doesn't look that good in pictures, when wearing above-the-knee length skirts.

Could someone remind me please, does she ever wore a gown during any of her previous pregnancies?

Though I am a little bit reluctant towards Maxima´s pattern-craze regarding coats, I must say this one is very nice. Nice option for wearing oranje :clap:

magnik said:
Could someone remind me please, does she ever wore a gown during any of her previous pregnancies?

short evening dress - worn in 2005 posted be Gomdnatt in Crown Princess Maxima Recycles Her Clothes
short dress - this is very pretty, love the color.i just love it. this was worn in 10-03-2005

Last edited:
I must say that pregnant women in general really have to improvise evening clothes, as designers don't seem to think that pregant women go to galas, thus they don't really design for them. However, I have to say, I think that most pregnant women improvise admirably, and especially in the royal circle where dress is even more closely watched, I think that as a general rule they all do very well!

Empress said:
I must say that pregnant women in general really have to improvise evening clothes, as designers don't seem to think that pregant women go to galas, thus they don't really design for them. However, I have to say, I think that most pregnant women improvise admirably, and especially in the royal circle where dress is even more closely watched, I think that as a general rule they all do very well!

you do have a good point, i also think many of the royals can afford to have gowns made.Its easier to find short gowns than long ones.but yes they do a great job

Personally, and I might get attacked for this, but I think with her past 2 pregnancies, she has looked much, much better.
It seems as if this pregnancy has taken a lot out of her and she is not really trying to look good. Her hair is always a mess, her skin is dull, her clothes always looks rumpled or messy and if they don't really fit. And it seems as if she is using the colors and the patterns to try and hide these things, which is fine, but she just looks as if she is having a hard time with getting things together. She is missing her sparkle.
The only time I have seen her look really good (during the evening only) was on a recent state trip that she did. Don't remember where, but she wore 2 very nice evening dresses, one was a white slip dress and the other a lace rusty/orange colored dress. It was very early in her pregnancy so maybe she was not as tired. I don't know. But really, this was the only time she has looked all pulled together in my book.

sesa said:
Personally, and I might get attacked for this, but I think with her past 2 pregnancies, she has looked much, much better.
It seems as if this pregnancy has taken a lot out of her and she is not really trying to look good. Her hair is always a mess, her skin is dull, her clothes always looks rumpled or messy and if they don't really fit. And it seems as if she is using the colors and the patterns to try and hide these things, which is fine, but she just looks as if she is having a hard time with getting things together. She is missing her sparkle.
The only time I have seen her look really good (during the evening only) was on a recent state trip that she did. Don't remember where, but she wore 2 very nice evening dresses, one was a white slip dress and the other a lace rusty/orange colored dress. It was very early in her pregnancy so maybe she was not as tired. I don't know. But really, this was the only time she has looked all pulled together in my book.

I agree somewhat. I wonder though what she will wear for King Harald's birthday party. I hope she is doing something nice\glamourous.

sesa said:

I agree. Although the first new-zealand eveningdress was my alltime favorite, with all the different colours. :rolleyes:

Very pretty coat on her. She looks crisp and elegant.

Maxima looks very beautiful in Oslo. But what makes the dress and the coat is Maxima. Her natural glow was so evident last night and that's what made the outfit a succes, IMO. I also like her hair, shiny and sleek. It all worked!

Aurora810 said:
Maxima looks very beautiful in Oslo. But what makes the dress and the coat is Maxima. Her natural glow was so evident last night and that's what made the outfit a succes, IMO. I also like her hair, shiny and sleek. It all worked!
I can only add tHAT SHE WAS THE MOST ELEGANT!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom