Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Fashion and Style: October 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sorry to agree. I found her one of the most consistently stylish women during her brief time as a Royal spouse, but after she was "liberated" from the constraints of dressing like a Royal she seems to have gone a bit off the rails.

Although still quite beautiful, she is not a 25 year old anymore but appears determined to dress like one for as long as possible. :ermm:

From what I remember Alexandra was very elegant when married to Joachim. Stylish and appropriate.

Given how different her personal style has turned out to be post royal life I will say I appreciate that she took dressing for her position seriously when she was a royal. Alexandra easily matched Mary's high level of professionalism as part of the DRF and I think it's sometimes forgotten what a great asset she was for them.

I like her dress here and think it calls for eye catching shoes or accessories. But those particular shoes are eye catching in all the wrong ways.

We need to remind that Alexandra is no member of the Royal House anymore and is, because of that, not subjected to what we expect from royal ladies. Essentially Alexandra has all freedom to dress as she likes. Those shoes would not have been my choice, but she looks neat and nice.

She should swap shoes with Marie IM (for those particular outfits)

The dress is ok but those are one pair of hideous looking shoes,her son is very tall so maybe she was adding a bit of height!

I think she looks great! How tall is she ? she looks very petite for me

I like the dress but think it is too short. The shoes are just awful, she needs to wear those with a maxi dress or maybe throw them away.

Not a fan of the outfit but she looks so happy!

Every woman needs to have at least one pair of fabulous and foolish shoes which others may not like.

I am sorry to agree. I found her one of the most consistently stylish women during her brief time as a Royal spouse, but after she was "liberated" from the constraints of dressing like a Royal she seems to have gone a bit off the rails.

Although still quite beautiful, she is not a 25 year old anymore but appears determined to dress like one for as long as possible. :ermm:

I agree..a very stylish princess. She appears to me to be trying too hard to be young and it doesn't work.

The shoes and dress were okay................but not together. In fact, I would like the pumps better without all the straps, if they were just regular pumps without any straps.

It's quite obvious that Countess Alexandra made an admirable effort to dress the part when a member of the Royal house. Something she matched with a level of professionalism many royal spouses could look to for an example on how to do it. She was a very popular princess and rightly so and the circumstances surrounding her failed second marriage aside I'd say both she and the way the Royal family has handled her should be an example for other royal families. (As you might have noticed I'm definitely a fan ? )

:previous: Not a huge fan of Alexandra's look tonight. The skirt seems rather short and it seems more like something a young teenager would wear at a party/disco.

I like yesterday evening's gown. Lovely look. :flowers:

Though her shoes look like flip flops/sandals, seem out of place with it.

Tonight's look I agree seems too young. I hate the tiered ruffles, the ruffles and length seem juvenile for a woman her age.

Saturday night's gown was very pretty. Simple, but elegant. I am surprised she still has an order. I guess once given it is not taken away even if the marriage that facilitated it ends.

Her concert dress is too young for her, but she looks great!

:previous: Not a fan of either of the looks, especially the second one. :whistling:

Rather disgusting look for it is her son's graduation and this is not a lady like gown to wear there....makes one wonder why she would dress this way in front of her son or anyone...maybe trying to hold off age perhaps......:eek:

I have a sneaking suspicion that she is trying to outshine Marie. She can do it, but should have chosen more appropriate clothing. At least in my humble opinion!

Alexandra on Prince Felix' last day at school at Krebs' School this week - a much better fashion choice than the previous ones!

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: I'm not super keen on Alexandra's jacket though the rest of her look is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom