Old 06-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Courtier

Sincere gratitude for your work!

Old 06-29-2020, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, for your kind words.

There are only two chapters left:

Teenager and Sportsman.

Teenager will be translated... some day.

However Sportsman. Probably never. It really doesn't interest me. Frederik, alas, is not into snooker or boxing or at least soccer.

But, should someone out there feel like summarizing or even translating excerpts or the whole thing, I'd be happy to scan the text to these two chapters and upload them here.
It could also be a little challenge to those who don't master Danish...
Google translate can do the most, so it will "merely" be a question of fixing the sentences that doesn't make sense.
Perhaps a little challenge for those who are in lockdown and are getting stir crazy? Nudge, nudge...
(I will strongly suggest starting out with the text between the quotes. Spoken Danish can be a headache. Not least in regards to QMII and Frederik. While Mary interestingly is often easy to translate.)

Old 07-03-2021, 11:02 PM
Commoner

Hello! I just recently discovered ( 17 yrs late ) the beautiful love story of the Crown Prince & Crown Princess of Denmark and consequently, the Danish Royal Family. I, like most everyone in America would only know one Royal Family - the British - if it were not for the Internet. I don’t exactly remember how I “found” them, but I am so glad I did. I have “devoured” everything in sight about this couple from YT to Pinterest. I now follow the official DRF Instagram. But of course it is in Danish.

I found this Royal Forums Exchange in my search to find CP Frederik’s book in English. Actually it was one of the students I work with at university where I who did after listening to me talk about this Danish Crown Prince & Princess love story.

Thank you for translating most chapters of the book and hopefully some will respond to your nudge and try translating the other chapters.

Could you tell me where can I find a written English translation of CP Frederik’s wedding speech

Thankfully, there is a YT video with English captions of CP Mary’s speech at the 50th dinner and it was just beautiful.

Once again, I really appreciate the time and energy you put into translating and scanning the original and also the images.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

You are welcome.

I should be surprised though if there isn't a similar book about Mary published next year for her 50th B-day. Or perhaps later this year, for the Christmas sale.
And that I'll look forward to!

ADDED:

You may enjoy this book by Mary, about Frederik, as well: https://app.box.com/s/qxmtj1rbo5mqlb171k1mghbywg6ank5e

And this magazine: https://app.box.com/shared/jf375554tm
Old 07-04-2021, 10:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome.

I should be surprised though if there isn't a similar book about Mary published next year for her 50th B-day. Or perhaps later this year, for the Christmas sale.
And that I'll look forward to!

ADDED:

You may enjoy this book by Mary, about Frederik, as well: https://app.box.com/s/qxmtj1rbo5mqlb171k1mghbywg6ank5e

And this magazine: https://app.box.com/shared/jf375554tm
This is such a treat!!!. Have randomly opened some pages of Mary’s book about Frederik and the one with the kids just tugs at my heart. This book by Mary - it is all photos right?

I guess the student who found The Royal Forums and this thread will also get a treat from me….again. She already got one when she first did.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbird View Post
This is such a treat!!!. Have randomly opened some pages of Mary’s book about Frederik and the one with the kids just tugs at my heart. This book by Mary - it is all photos right?

I guess the student who found The Royal Forums and this thread will also get a treat from me….again. She already got one when she first did.
It is. Basically a loving photo album of Frederik put together by Mary with a few comments.
Some being her own photos.