The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2019, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe by Angela Kelly

Looking forward to reading this book by Queen Elizabeth's personal dresser:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...ssion-publish/

Old 09-24-2019, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Must be really interesting !

Old 10-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Courtier

I got my copy yesterday. Lots of pictures. There are a couple I recognized from her first book but there aren't many. I am trying to pace myself and not sit down and read it in one sitting. Preface is by Stewart Parvin with him telling the story of how he came to meet Angela and start designing for the Queen.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:43 PM
Courtier

I just got this book. it's so absorbing.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I just got this book. it's so absorbing.

Happy reading Leopoldine.

Would welcome another review from you, if you're up for it when you're done.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ditto Leopoldine what Sun Lion said. Now don't feel under pressure.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:35 AM
Courtier

I have this , it is a lovely book, it looks nice, beautiful photographs .Little bits of insight but not in anyway nasty or gossipy. I actually took it out last night to have another look at it. It is that kind of book, It is a pick up and relax book, slowly turn the pages and go into another world.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I have this , it is a lovely book, it looks nice, beautiful photographs .Little bits of insight but not in anyway nasty or gossipy. I actually took it out last night to have another look at it. It is that kind of book, It is a pick up and relax book, slowly turn the pages and go into another world.

Sounds wonderful Hallo girl, a keepsake.

I made the mistake of letting go of a wonderful book I bought in the mid-seventies that cost me $50 when it was first published.

Now second-hand copies of it are selling on eBay for $1,000!

Hold onto those worthwhile books.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:12 PM
Courtier

I really just skimmed it last night. After the full read, I'll tell you my thoughts. I will say up front that it has some very engaging anecdotes.

I am on a little tear lately with Royalty books. I also ordered "Lady in Waiting" by Anne Glenconner.

I used to have a nice collection of BRF books until a big hurricane passed through.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I really just skimmed it last night. After the full read, I'll tell you my thoughts. I will say up front that it has some very engaging anecdotes.

I am on a little tear lately with Royalty books. I also ordered "Lady in Waiting" by Anne Glenconner.

I used to have a nice collection of BRF books until a big hurricane passed through.

I've actually got Lady Glenconner's book Leopoldine.

Some really shocking revelations about her own life. I don't know how she handled some of the things that came her way.

A really easy, flowing read. Lots of insider information. She must be a wonderful lady in real life.

I very much enjoyed her book, so I don't think you will be disappointed.

You may have some sharp intakes of breath when you learn about life in the aristocracy though.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:47 AM

I just got this as an ebook through the library today and am thoroughly enjoying it. She has a great way of writing. And as said above, lots to say without being nasty or gossipy.