"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And therein lies the problem with the book.

Having lived through the War of the Waleses and the rehabilitation of Camilla's image, I can well believe Harry's claim of different factions within the palace putting another set out to dry if it protects their principles. That Charles would allow it to be done to his own sons to protect Camilla or her family is hard to stomach, but I still believe it to be true.

but what about the times that Harry himself was protected by the Palace? He was using drugs and drinking and getting into rows and fights and fighting his own protection officers. did the Palace/Charles leak those stories? I dont think so.

I
For most memoirs or autobiographies I actually don't care that much about the author getting smaller objective facts wrong as long as they've given me no reason to think they're untrustworthy in general. Harry isn't trustworthy.
Exactly - any writer or person writing about themselves will make small mistakes, and if overall they've told the truth I dont think most people wil criticise them. But Hary and Meghan have so often deliberatley said things that weren't true...

I think the reason that he still stupidly believes in a reconciliation is because he’s never seriously had to be told “NO” ever in his life and Charles gave into many things he did. Also, it’s because the family have forgiven him or given him a pass for a lot of his silly behavior at times that he still thinks that they will forgive him. He was very spoilt but it wasn’t too obvious to most people. I partially blame the BRF family for enabling him and giving him too many chances for so long. But at some stage, we need to take responsibility for our actions.

Dont know if he can seriously believe that reconciliation is possible, but at present he and Meghan are not long married and have thier children and he may reckon that he's better off in California, though he has to earn his own living.. than stuck in the UK doing dull duties and being told what to do. but if he begins to have trouble making money, if the populariyt he had in the US begins to ebb, mabye he will wish he had not cut off his family

Charles gave Camilla’s children trust funds. Maybe children of the monarch should have some similar arrangement. Doing something to prepare the kids for meaningful careers seems like a great idea.
Lol, Harry already has a trust fund and it’s the trust fund money that is paying for the mortgage on the Montecito mansion. Btw, I’m quite sure Camilla’s kids being the children of well-off gentry folk (as her husband and herself are fairly well-off ) already had a trust fund regardless of whether or not Charles gave them money or whatever. Plus many members of the BRF have or had trust funds, Zara and Peter who aren’t working royals have trust funds, William like Harry also has a trust fund, the York girls should have trust funds (but with Andrew and Sarah for parents, you can only imagine), the Kent’s I think have trust funds because their grandfather created some for them.

Last edited:
Dont know if he can seriously believe that reconciliation is possible, but at present he and Meghan are not long married and have thier children and he may reckon that he's better off in California, though he has to earn his own living.. than stuck in the UK doing dull duties and being told what to do. but if he begins to have trouble making money, if the populariyt he had in the US begins to ebb, mabye he will wish he had not cut off his family
But he himself said when asked in an interview about going to the coronation and reconciliation, he said that anything can change in a matter of months so in my mind, I take it that he still believes in some sort of reconciliation. He still believes in this because they (particularly Charles) have/has given him too many chances and he knows Charles is likely to give in. If Diana hadn’t passed on and Charles was more strict than lenient, the situation would be different.

One thing I’ve read somewhere and I don’t know if it has been mentioned here: the way Harry speaks about a lady journalist (pustule, **** excuse) and about that matron at Ludgrove (mousy, frazzled, hair greasy) versus the (absolutely justified) outrage at the article by Jeremy Clarkson.

But he himself said when asked in an interview about going to the coronation and reconciliation, he said that anything can change in a matter of months so in my mind, I take it that he still believes in some sort of reconciliation. He still believes in this because they (particularly Charles) have/has given him too many chances and he knows Charles is likely to give in. If Diana hadn’t passed on and Charles was more strict than lenient, the situation would be different.

I would imagine that he might like reconciliation but only on his terms.. if he was allowed to have his HIHO and was back in the UK occasionally to cheering crowds and a beaming Charles. ANd he knows that Charles will never completely close the door on him, but I do find it hard to think that he imagines that by the time of the Coronation say, they will be welcomed back.
After all he is hardly going to say
No, I think Dad will never ever forgive me and I'll never forgive him for the things he did. Even he must be aware that such a negative statement woudl look bad, like he wasn't prepared to ever come back.

Lol, Harry already has a trust fund and it’s the trust fund money that is paying for the mortgage on the Montecito mansion. Btw, I’m quite sure Camilla’s kids being the children of well-off gentry folk (as her husband and herself are fairly well-off ) already had a trust fund regardless of whether or not Charles gave them money or whatever. Plus many members of the BRF have or had trust funds, Zara and Peter who aren’t working royals have trust funds, William like Harry also has a trust fund, the York girls should have trust funds (but with Andrew and Sarah for parents, you can only imagine), the Kent’s I think have trust funds because their grandfather created some for them.
of course most of the RF have trust funds, Harry apparently has some money from the queen mother. but most of the younger royals do have some kind of job and earn their own living. The Yorks have trust funds from the queen, part of the divorce settlement

I´ve learned that he put his mother´s favourite skin cream upon his frostbitten penis... this is getting very creepy..! Perhaps we learn from a sequel book later that he admits to have put on some of Diana´s old gowns...? It is ridiculous - how deep can a man sink..?

A female friend advised Harry to try the skin cream for his frostbite, according to the book, as he had tried various remedies with little success. He didn’t try it off his own bat, it was her recommendation.

of course most of the RF have trust funds, Harry apparently has some money from the queen mother. but most of the younger royals do have some kind of job and earn their own living. The Yorks have trust funds from the queen, part of the divorce settlement
I only mentioned these things because Curbside was saying that these things should be in place for children of the monarch and I was simply stating there are already notable examples of trust funds for family members.

I only mentioned these things because Curbside was saying that these things should be in place for children of the monarch and I was simply stating there are already notable examples of trust funds for family members.

Yes i know there was an earlier post about it. but Im not sure why trust funds are seen by anyone as a solution. THe problem is that younger royals are not now expected to work for the firm, but mostly, they are self supporting, and do varous jobs or have business interests, in a modest way, which support them. They alos mostly have some private money in each branch of the family, which gives them some extra funding. but the problem of Harry is that he was expected to work for the Firm.. he and William were the only ones of a younger generation who were going to do that, Harry did not want to do it, He wanted more freedom and more money than he would get as a working royal... where he owuld have to wait his turn to get a bigger house, or manage on the funding supplied by the tax payer and by Charles.

A female friend advised Harry to try the skin cream for his frostbite, according to the book, as he had tried various remedies with little success. He didn’t try it off his own bat, it was her recommendation.

I think that its more that he invoked his mother as he was doing the deed that comes across as rather off! :whistling:

“I felt as if my mother was right there in the room. Then I took a smidge and applied it … down there.”

I think that its more that he invoked his mother as he was doing the deed that comes across as rather off! :whistling:

“I felt as if my mother was right there in the room. Then I took a smidge and applied it … down there.”

yes that is a bit off putting. He could have avoided talking about such a trivial detail at all, but to talk about rememberng the cream in relation to his mother, is weird.

He talked about the smell of this cream that he remembered filling the room, that’s all. I don’t believe that’s weird at all.

He talked about the smell of this cream that he remembered filling the room, that’s all. I don’t believe that’s weird at all.

It is weird. It might have been a good cream to fix his problem but why tell the world that it was his mother's favourite cream? why bring up soemthing like this at all, years later?
if he HAD to refer to intimate parts of his body having problems, in public, why not just say A freind told me this would be a good cream and I tried it, and it did work much better than anything else.

The audiobook version of that Elizabeth Arden cream is currently circulating on social media, becoming source of memes. Even my male friends and coworkers think it's weird. For information, I studied engineering and work in engineer field. The past 10 years, I've spent in a men's world where dirty jokes are not uncommon I'm quite immune of it by this point. Forgive me for being crass, but guess what one of them said after hearing that part on Twitter: "Is this guy imagining his mother giving him bl*wjob?"

Say, in 10 years, Archie is 14 and find this, hearing the story of his father regaling the world how he mounted an older woman behind a pub in his own. What if it's teenage Lili who find it? What would they think? What if it's their classmates? At best, they'll be teased, at worst it can turn into bullying. Speaking from experience, schoolyard bullying amongst teenagers can be very nasty.

Honestly even if Harry had said he had sunburn on his face and tried his mother's cream, it would be a bit odd if he added that it reminded him of his Mother.

I don't think that bit is weird either as we know that smells are linked to memories so when opened, the cream reminded him of his mother.

The weird bit to me is over-sharing the appearance and condition of his penis with the entire world, especially as he's complained bitterly about the media invasion of his privacy.

Th

Say, in 10 years, Archie is 14 and find this, hearing the story of his father regaling the world how he mounted an older woman behind a pub in his own. What if it's teenage Lili who find it? What would they think? What if it's their classmates? At best, they'll be teased, at worst it can turn into bullying. Speaking from experience, schoolyard bullying amongst teenagers can be very nasty.

I would hope that the children would be more embarrassed by finding that thier father laughed at a middle aged plain woman and mocked her for her disability, and that it was soemthing he was still laughing about 20 years after he first did this. Its a bit embarrassing to find out that your father had a sex life and went to bed with a woman when he was a young lad, but it is part of life..

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Harry-frozen-todger-revelation.html#comments

Someone has made a comment suggesting Harry only mentioned the Elizabeth Arden cream in the hopes that they will ask Megan to be their “face” ergo more megabucks. Personally I think it’s a very shrewd observation.

It also makes me wonder if there are any other prominent product placements within Harry’s masterpiece? I know there was a pic of Ms Markle looking distraught while she happened to be sat close to a carefully placed Hermes blanket.

I wouldn’t rule out any strategy to make money with these two.

One thing I’ve read somewhere and I don’t know if it has been mentioned here: the way Harry speaks about a lady journalist (pustule, **** excuse) and about that matron at Ludgrove (mousy, frazzled, hair greasy) versus the (absolutely justified) outrage at the article by Jeremy Clarkson.
I didn’t think of that, but people (esp. the Sussex squad) will justify anything for them even if someone was hurt badly by Harry. They all keep saying it’s “his truth and he deserves to tell it” (whatever that means) and to me it’s rude, ridiculous and silly. They love using Diana’s death, and the narrative of horrible royal family (which isn’t necessarily true), (unkind Charles, William the bully, and Catherine who was not “nice to Meghan”) and Harry’s “fragile” state of mind to excuse his nasty behavior to others. My guess is that some of them don’t believe the extracts and excerpts that came out before the book was released or they didn’t read the parts you mentioned.

I don't think that bit is weird either as we know that smells are linked to memories so when opened, the cream reminded him of his mother.

The weird bit to me is over-sharing the appearance and condition of his penis with the entire world, especially as he's complained bitterly about the media invasion of his privacy.
Literally no one asked or wanted to know the condition of his bits and pieces, not even the media was desperate for those details so I don’t understand why he’s sharing this. I think it’s a matter of I will embarrass myself before the media does so they can’t use it against me situation.

I don't think its that.I think he just rambles on, thinks that because he is so wonderful and was liked for a time, that the world adores him and wants to hear everything that is of importance to him like the condition of his manhood.
I think he feels that whenever he gets some evidence that he's NOT tat popular like a story in a paper that seems to put him down, its the EVIL PRESS nad HIs EVIL FAMILY breifing them against him to make themselves look better.

Clearly vital information we all needed to know! :flowers:

I can't imagine why Harry and Meghan would want to go to The Coronation. It would make the reception and family interactions they had at The Jubilee seem like a love fest.
And Meghan if is sooooo dismissive of the grandeur and symbolism of "The Trooping The Colour Ceremony", what would she make of the significance and "resplendence" of The Coronation Services ?

According to Harry's Book at The Trooping The Colour, Kate politely asked Meghan what She thought of it, it was her first in 2018. Meghan flippantly said, "Its colorful". Harry say the the silence threatened to "swallow us all whole".

I would say that encapsulates for me Meghan's rudeness and abrasive personality that William so rightly called her out for. I would have added insulting too.

Zero respect. The more I read about Meghan in Harry's OWN Book, the more difficult She appears to me.

Last edited:
The latest YouGov poll shows that 64% of people in the UK have a negative view of Harry, up from 59% previously.

Exactly how much detail has he gone into regarding his frostbitten "todger"?! Talk about oversharing!

I don't think its that.I think he just rambles on, thinks that because he is so wonderful and was liked for a time, that the world adores him and wants to hear everything that is of importance to him like the condition of his manhood.
I think he feels that whenever he gets some evidence that he's NOT tat popular like a story in a paper that seems to put him down, its the EVIL PRESS nad HIs EVIL FAMILY breifing them against him to make themselves look better.
That’s one way to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom