Royals in 'Vanity Fair', 'Vogue', 'Tatler' etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never noticed it before, but I think you're right. It does look a lot like Grace and Rainier. I wouldn't be surprised. MC is always trying to pass herself off as the contemperary Grace; look at her wedding gown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I agree about M-C always trying to pass herself as the modern day Grace Kelly (not in my books!) and this photo honestly looks like a blatant attempt to recreate a very infamous photo of the princely couple of Monaco. I'm going to go check out M-C's wedding photos now. Oh, and even the earrings in the pictures seem similar... diamond earrings?

Edited: I saw the photos. And yes, that dress looks like it was supposed to resemble Grace's dress. I think M-C should have gone with a more simple dress and one that was more appropriate to the period, because it looked ridiculous on her, while Grace's dress matched her perfectly. :D

Last edited:
Little_star said:
Thanks for these pictures, I wasn't aware of the Vogue article and the accompanying photos are lovely.

you're welcome! i wasn't even aware of it myself till i re-read that issue.:lol:

on the thread for Princess Iman and Princess Raiyah, it was mentioned that a photo of Princess Iman was featured in Vogue's latest issue. i hope someone has a copy and place it here for us. thanks in advance!

In regards to the Grace/Rainier, and MarieChantal/Pavlos picture....if memory serves me correctly...Grace/Rainier are actually the couple who are recreating a previous picture. Both the Duke and Duches of Winsdor and the Duke and Duchess of Kent, had already made similar poses in the 30's/40's for Cecil Beaton.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen a profile shot like that of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor. Can you find it?

As a journalist, Letizia was pictured in a special issue of the Newspaper ABC, about the new generation of anchorwomen. It was published in June 2003, a few months before her relationship with the Prince was known.
Here are some of the photos:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165734-post12.html

Can anyone tell me the issue of V.F. in which Máxima and WA were featured? Thanks !

Verde Esmeralda said:
Can anyone tell me the issue of V.F. in which Máxima and WA were featured? Thanks !
Vanity Fair September 2003, 20th Anniversary Issue, Special Collector's Edition - "Young and Royal, Europe's Thoroughly Modern Monarchies. Exclusive, from inside the palace gates: 57 pages of Princes and Princesses, Dukes and Duchesses, Counts and Countesses. These Bluebloods Rule!"
[quoted from the front cover]

I love that issue. I bought it as soon as it came out, and I still have it.

Yennie said:
These are the photos of Victoria that was published in Stockholm New in 2002.

I was re-reading through all the posts in this thread and absolutely fell in love with these pictures. Holy banana boats. She needs to look like this more often. This is a look that not only works very well on her, but makes her look younger.

Warren said:
Vanity Fair September 2003, 20th Anniversary Issue, Special Collector's Edition - "Young and Royal, Europe's Thoroughly Modern Monarchies. Exclusive, from inside the palace gates: 57 pages of Princes and Princesses, Dukes and Duchesses, Counts and Countesses. These Bluebloods Rule!"
[quoted from the front cover]

Thanks Warren...

In how many pages of that issue do the Dutch Royals actually appear in? Does anyone know?

Princess Robijn said:
Is there a way to order it?

Thanks..

I e-mailed Vanity Fair...

Single issues are $9.45 for the United States and $11.20, in US funds, for foreign countries. These prices include shipping and handling. Some credit cards are accepted.

Still, I don't know whether this "special edition" is more expensive than any other issue. I will check that out too.

Verde Esmeralda said:
In how many pages of that issue do the Dutch Royals actually appear in? Does anyone know?
A photo across one and a half pages, with caption. Here is the link. What you see is what you get.

If you are looking at this issue of Vanity Fair from a Dutch perspective, don't bother; if you are looking at it from a general royal perspective, it's a "must have".

Last edited:
Tatler

Anyone else on here read Tatler ? Anyone know what the equivalent magazine in the US or France ?

I've seen it on the newstand at Borders and I'll occassionally flip thru it. It usually in the fashion magazine section but I think the closest comparison to a US mag is Vanity Fair, maybe.

I love Tatler. Its my favourite magazine. Much more interesting than Vogue. Its quite for royal pieces sometimes too.

I would probably say Vanity Fair is the nearest thing in the US. But I'm not too sure on what else is available there.

I subscribe to Tatler, it's much better than some of the other magazines out there like Harpers Bazaar.

As a journalist, Letizia was pictured in a special issue of the Newspaper ABC, about the new generation of anchorwomen. It was published in June 2003, a few months before her relationship with the Prince was known.
Here are some of the photos:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165734-post12.html
I wasn't aware of that, it's very impressive that Letizia was covered by a magazine such as Newsweek!

Anyone else on here read Tatler ? Anyone know what the equivalent magazine in the US or France ?

I do, I love Tatler.

What is the US equivalent? Hmm, perhaps Town & Country, but it is by no means as chic as Tatler, in my opinion.:)

I do, I love Tatler.

What is the US equivalent? Hmm, perhaps Town & Country, but it is by no means as chic as Tatler, in my opinion.:)

i think Tatler is franchised in several countries; if i'm not mistaken they have a US version, just like we have the Philippine Tatler mag here. I've always lined Tatler with Vanity Fair and such magazines although i'm not really sure.:D

btw, Town & Country is also franchised in other nations. the Philippine edition was just released here.

Anyone know a French magazine like Tatler ? French high society looks very interesting X

I just received my new issue --- February 2008 --- of Vanity Fair (the USA edition.
There is a wonderful article with photos on Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal of Greece.

It was published somewhere that one of the editors of Vanity Fair was a personal friend of Princess Maxima (from the days she worked & lived in NYC) and that Maxima had to persuade the spanish and belgian royals, who were a bit reluctant to participate. I do not know if the story is true or not, but it was published when the magazine was released.
Of course in the end the heirs didn't have much of a choise as it would be strange if they were the odd one out (the only ones not participating).

There were several (4?) photographers involved, so I guess they could coordinate it rather well, and they took their time for it.

Wow that would have Maxima sticking her neck out a bit wouldnt it?!
Still, its an intriugin thought, dont think I'll consider it more than that as we dont know how reliable it is

does someone want to give the profile on Prince Kardam and Prince Kyril of Bulgaria?

Thank You
Claudia

Replying on a thread elsewhere I remembered another special edition published by Vanity Fair, the On Time supplement that came with October 2007 issue. It featured articles about royalty, all of them around the theme of time: royal watches, royals in changing times. It featured a whole portfolio (I love Vanity Fair photo portfolios!) of royal portraits and lots of glossy ads. Did anyone else see it?

Is that the issue that featured Crown Princes and Princesses? Prince William of Wales was on the cover, I believe. I think that's the same one that I have.:flowers:

Replying on a thread elsewhere I remembered another special edition published by Vanity Fair, the On Time supplement that came with October 2007 issue. It featured articles about royalty, all of them around the theme of time: royal watches, royals in changing times. It featured a whole portfolio (I love Vanity Fair photo portfolios!) of royal portraits and lots of glossy ads. Did anyone else see it?

That's the one that I have. It was a remarkable issue.:flowers:

She was. It was a long article about her in the 2003 issue that was devoted to the royals of the world, with Prince william on the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom