The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 07-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Canadian presenter Alexis Slifer is claimed in "Royals At War", to have seen a secretly recorded video of the Duchess of Sussex raging about the titles of her and the Duke's offspring versus the titles of her brother and sister-in-law's children.

Caught on camera by a courtier.

Many, many pages of this book are available through the link below - no need to log in or anything - if you wish to read for yourself.

And this book, both the hardcover and the Kindle versions, are currently at number 1 and number 2 on Amazon's bestseller list - in the Royal biographies division. (Lady Colin Campbell's book is number 3 and the "Meghan Misunderstood" book at number 24.)

https://books.google.com.au/books?id...%20war&f=false
__________________

  #62  
Old 07-03-2020, 02:05 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 706
I just ordered Royals at War.
__________________

  #63  
Old 07-03-2020, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Canadian presenter Alexis Slifer is claimed in "Royals At War", to have seen a secretly recorded video of the Duchess of Sussex raging about the titles of her and the Duke's offspring versus the titles of her brother and sister-in-law's children.

Caught on camera by a courtier.

Many, many pages of this book are available through the link below - no need to log in or anything - if you wish to read for yourself.

And this book, both the hardcover and the Kindle versions, are currently at number 1 and number 2 on Amazon's bestseller list - in the Royal biographies division. (Lady Colin Campbell's book is number 3 and the "Meghan Misunderstood" book at number 24.)

https://books.google.com.au/books?id...%20war&f=false

If the claim of Meghan being upset about her children being mere "Lord/Lady" is true, I'm a bit surprised. Wouldn't have been explained to her by Prince Harry that when his father's reign began that their children were likely to be known as HRH Prince/Princess _______of Sussex if the Letters Patent were to be followed?
  #64  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:01 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I just ordered Royals at War.

Sounds like the most interesting of all the current available books Leopoldine.

Some good insights into their wedding celebrations from the bit I've seen.

And lucky old Meghan to get those diamond earrings from The Queen to mark their joint engagements in Chester. How generous.

Hope you enjoy the book, would love some insights if you choose to share after reading it.
  #65  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:19 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
If the claim of Meghan being upset about her children being mere "Lord/Lady" is true, I'm a bit surprised. Wouldn't have been explained to her by Prince Harry that when his father's reign began that their children were likely to be known as HRH Prince/Princess _______of Sussex if the Letters Patent were to be followed?
This was reported in January of 2019. It seems the book does little more but repeat whatever gossip they could lay their hands on. This particular item was posted in the Daily Express, the absolute biggest pile of nonsense in the open sewer that is the English yellow press.

The article claims that 'unverified sources' saw the video. And Miss Slifer - a former Christian girl band singer - claimed to believe these nasty rumors.

So the source for these claims are that 'somebody found it somewhere on the internet' - and we all know the value of that.

--------

From a moderating point-of-view I have found and find the threads for these unresearched Sussex-books which just repeat one 'rumor' after another a bit problematic. I have been wondering if it was a good idea to allow this book to be discussed and the same goes for the nonsensical book of Lady Colin Campbell.

Lots of the trash that is written down in these books would not be allowed to stand on this website as it is on the level of tumblr-rumors with no credible source behind it whatsoever. Now the same nonsense is written down in a book all of a sudden people treat it as if it were credible - which it is not.

We now get the absurd mechanisms that the tabloids write down slanderous nonsense, that is afterwards written down by 3rd-rate journalists/authors in sensational books. These books are getting quoted again by the tabloids as a validation of whatever unverified slanderous fact they 'reported'. Thus they are creating a parallel universe of lies, half-truths and opinions dressed up as facts.

The least we can expect is that members treat whatever is written in these trashy books with a few pinches of salt and be skeptical of whatever it is that is written down. Just because it says nasty things about people you dislike does not mean that these nasty things are true. Most of you have been doing that which is why the threads have remained open. Please continue to do so.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #66  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:31 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
If the claim of Meghan being upset about her children being mere "Lord/Lady" is true, I'm a bit surprised. Wouldn't have been explained to her by Prince Harry that when his father's reign began that their children were likely to be known as HRH Prince/Princess _______of Sussex if the Letters Patent were to be followed?
This can't really be true, can it?
  #67  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:54 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
This was reported in January of 2019. It seems the book does little more but repeat whatever gossip they could lay their hands on. This particular item was posted in the Daily Express, the absolute biggest pile of nonsense in the open sewer that is the English yellow press.

The article claims that 'unverified sources' saw the video. And Miss Slifer - a former Christian girl band singer - claimed to believe these nasty rumors.

So the source for these claims are that 'somebody found it somewhere on the internet' - and we all know the value of that.

--------

From a moderating point-of-view I have found and find the threads for these unresearched Sussex-books which just repeat one 'rumor' after another a bit problematic. I have been wondering if it was a good idea to allow this book to be discussed and the same goes for the nonsensical book of Lady Colin Campbell.

Lots of the trash that is written down in these books would not be allowed to stand on this website as it is on the level of tumblr-rumors with no credible source behind it whatsoever. Now the same nonsense is written down in a book all of a sudden people treat it as if it were credible - which it is not.

We now get the absurd mechanisms that the tabloids write down slanderous nonsense, that is afterwards written down by 3rd-rate journalists/authors in sensational books. These books are getting quoted again by the tabloids as a validation of whatever unverified slanderous fact they 'reported'. Thus they are creating a parallel universe of lies, half-truths and opinions dressed up as facts.

The least we can expect is that members treat whatever is written in these trashy books with a few pinches of salt and be skeptical of whatever it is that is written down. Just because it says nasty things about people you dislike does not mean that these nasty things are true. Most of you have been doing that which is why the threads have remained open. Please continue to do so.

I'm so sorry to have started these book threads Marengo - I had no idea they were causing such distress to anyone.

As I started, I think all of the threads, I personally am more than happy to have them all deleted if you wish to do so.

I enjoy posting here on TRFs, and it has been a great outlet during Covid lockdown, but that time is passing - here where I am at least - and I have no problem with all of these being taken down.
  #68  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:02 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,134
No worries Sun Lion and no need to apologize. I just wanted to point out that for us it is a balancing act. We allowed the books to be discussed as they are in the news and in principle we should be able to discuss here whatever it is that is discussed in the press. As long as posters treat these books with the distance and healthy skepticism these books deserve we can continue to see how it goes
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #69  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
This was reported in January of 2019. It seems the book does little more but repeat whatever gossip they could lay their hands on. This particular item was posted in the Daily Express, the absolute biggest pile of nonsense in the open sewer that is the English yellow press.
There's nothing wrong with the Daily Express or most of the other tabloids ... although I do draw the line at those which tap into phone records etc, but the Express is not one of those. Yes, they print gossip, and, yes, some of it is unfounded, but they have been going for many years and are an important part of many people's lives, especially for older people who aren't as comfortable with the internet and social media.

Newsagents have reported a huge surge in orders for newspapers for home delivery since lockdown started. They are very important to people. It's quite upsetting to see them termed "an open sewer".
  #70  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
No worries Sun Lion and no need to apologize. I just wanted to point out that for us it is a balancing act. And as long as posters treat these books with the distance and skepticism these books deserve we can continue to see how it goes

That sounds good Marengo, Cheers, Sun Lion.
  #71  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:06 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Cannot compare the two situations. Kate came in, with not much of a work record, after years of dating William and social media had not exploded as it has now. Plus as already mentioned William was barely a working Royal. He was military the first few years and then private job.





LaRae


I would have to disagree that you can’t compare the two situations. Regardless of what Kate worked she was quite literally followed, hounded and harassed on a daily basis in the 7 years leading up to her engagement. There is a haunting video of her on social media, practically crying at the flashing bulbs outside of her own home and begging them to leave for which they wouldn’t do as they had every right to be there.

Meghan on the other hand, IMO, had a vast experience of social media and the press in the years before her marriage, I have seen comments about her time on Suits an such, which predate ever knowing Henry.

Meghan was the one who claimed she wanted to hit the ground running, do correct me if this is just rumour, she certainly didn’t have to. Henry was by no means a “full time royal” (again IMO) at the time of their marriage and a period of settling in would have been quite understandable.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #72  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:11 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
This was reported in January of 2019. It seems the book does little more but repeat whatever gossip they could lay their hands on. This particular item was posted in the Daily Express, the absolute biggest pile of nonsense in the open sewer that is the English yellow press.

The article claims that 'unverified sources' saw the video. And Miss Slifer - a former Christian girl band singer - claimed to believe these nasty rumors.

So the source for these claims are that 'somebody found it somewhere on the internet' - and we all know the value of that.

--------

From a moderating point-of-view I have found and find the threads for these unresearched Sussex-books which just repeat one 'rumor' after another a bit problematic. I have been wondering if it was a good idea to allow this book to be discussed and the same goes for the nonsensical book of Lady Colin Campbell.

Lots of the trash that is written down in these books would not be allowed to stand on this website as it is on the level of tumblr-rumors with no credible source behind it whatsoever. Now the same nonsense is written down in a book all of a sudden people treat it as if it were credible - which it is not.

We now get the absurd mechanisms that the tabloids write down slanderous nonsense, that is afterwards written down by 3rd-rate journalists/authors in sensational books. These books are getting quoted again by the tabloids as a validation of whatever unverified slanderous fact they 'reported'. Thus they are creating a parallel universe of lies, half-truths and opinions dressed up as facts.

The least we can expect is that members treat whatever is written in these trashy books with a few pinches of salt and be skeptical of whatever it is that is written down. Just because it says nasty things about people you dislike does not mean that these nasty things are true. Most of you have been doing that which is why the threads have remained open. Please continue to do so.
A solution could be to have members write reviews first and based on that (or perhaps a poll) decide whether a book is considered serious enough to be discussed in depth.
As well as posting excerpts before the book is published.

However, having said that, this is after all a forum and the whole purpose of this place is to discuss all things royal, also things that are uncomfortable, even infuriating for some or tiring for others.
Otherwise I'm afraid some people will take their discussion somewhere else or accuse the TRF of censorship.

Another solution could be a regular posted prefix saying:
All unnamed quotes are to be considered rumors, gossip and hearsay.
All unverifiable claims are just that: claims by the author. Like the cost of something without that being backed up by a calculation of some sort.
All unnamed statements in a book are to be considered the opinion of the author.
  #73  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:13 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,890
Harry was a 'full-time royal' when they married. He didn't have any other job. He had left the army and so his only 'job' was that of being a royal.

When William married he was still in the RAF and so was a 'part-time' royal. He then was able to extend his part-time status by being allowed to take the roll with the air ambulance.

Harry had never decided to do anything after he quit the army other than do royal duties.
  #74  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:09 AM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Sounds like the most interesting of all the current available books Leopoldine.

Some good insights into their wedding celebrations from the bit I've seen.

And lucky old Meghan to get those diamond earrings from The Queen to mark their joint engagements in Chester. How generous.

Hope you enjoy the book, would love some insights if you choose to share after reading it.
I will read it, and get back to you, Sun Lion.
  #75  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:10 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Cannot compare the two situations. Kate came in, with not much of a work record, after years of dating William and social media had not exploded as it has now. Plus as already mentioned William was barely a working Royal. He was military the first few years and then private job.


LaRae
That is very true and at the time , when asked what she would be doing Kate said she had a lot to learn and that is how she would be spending her time. I am sure it is in the engagement interview.
When Meghan came on the royal scene, the press, social media, her friends were all saying how she was going to change the royal family, change a 1000 years of history, etc etc etc. Long followers of the BRF not just those who became interested when Meghan arrived had a better idea of how that would pan out. Sadly it has not worked out,
  #76  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:15 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Harry was a 'full-time royal' when they married. He didn't have any other job. He had left the army and so his only 'job' was that of being a royal.

When William married he was still in the RAF and so was a 'part-time' royal. He then was able to extend his part-time status by being allowed to take the roll with the air ambulance.

Harry had never decided to do anything after he quit the army other than do royal duties.
All the same that didn't mean necessarily that Meghan had to go full time royal duties. Im sure if she had chosen to do less, have her first baby and only do a small number of duties and learn more about the RF etc and the UK, the queen would have been Ok with it.. But Maybe Meghan wanted to raise her own profile as a Royal, because there was already a plan to partially leave royal work...
  #77  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I'm so sorry to have started these book threads Marengo - I had no idea they were causing such distress to anyone.

As I started, I think all of the threads, I personally am more than happy to have them all deleted if you wish to do so.

I enjoy posting here on TRFs, and it has been a great outlet during Covid lockdown, but that time is passing - here where I am at least - and I have no problem with all of these being taken down.
quote"Just because it says nasty things about people you dislike does not mean that these nasty things are true. Most of you have been doing that which is why the threads have remained open. Please continue to do so."

Marengo , I am sorry but it doesn't mean they are lies either.

I do not know what is true, lies or a blend, I have really enjoyed the forum the last few days, it has been interesting points of view and all done in a pleasant manner, I even changed my view on something. Lets keep it that way.

SUN LION
You have nothing to apologise for, I have enjoyed your insights, although I did tease you about being the authors agent.

Marengo , I am sorry but it doesn't mean they are lies either.

QUOTE "Just because it says nasty things about people you dislike does not mean that these nasty things are true. Most of you have been doing that which is why the threads have remained open. Please continue to do so."


I do not know what is true, lies or a blend, I have really enjoyed the forum the last few days, it has been interesting points of view and all done in a pleasant manner, I even changed my view on something. Lets keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
If the claim of Meghan being upset about her children being mere "Lord/Lady" is true, I'm a bit surprised. Wouldn't have been explained to her by Prince Harry that when his father's reign began that their children were likely to be known as HRH Prince/Princess _______of Sussex if the Letters Patent were to be followed?
I have never heard of that claim before that she was annoyed about the lack of titles, I do read a great deal about the royals although not all the social media blogs, only this one.

Could that be why they went down on the ' he is a private citizen' road and refused all the info round the birth, then the ' private ' christening but still in the private chapel of Windsor Castle.

When you think about it, other royal children were presented to the world on the ordinary steps of a hospital, in the street basically, but Archie was introduced inside Windsor castle with all the trappings that surrounded that.
The casual family photograph with the Queen ,Philip and Doria, A photographer just happened to be there.

I am going to stop thinking about all this.
  #78  
Old 07-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A solution could be to have members write reviews first and based on that (or perhaps a poll) decide whether a book is considered serious enough to be discussed in depth.
As well as posting excerpts before the book is published.

However, having said that, this is after all a forum and the whole purpose of this place is to discuss all things royal, also things that are uncomfortable, even infuriating for some or tiring for others.
Otherwise I'm afraid some people will take their discussion somewhere else or accuse the TRF of censorship.

Another solution could be a regular posted prefix saying:
All unnamed quotes are to be considered rumors, gossip and hearsay.
All unverifiable claims are just that: claims by the author. Like the cost of something without that being backed up by a calculation of some sort.
All unnamed statements in a book are to be considered the opinion of the author.

Thanks for some ideas here Muhler, appreciated.
  #79  
Old 07-03-2020, 07:09 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Girl
Marengo , I am sorry but it doesn't mean they are lies either.
This is the final thing I will say about the matter and I regret having raised the discussion in the first place. But the other option was -and still is- to close the topic all together so I thought it would be worth a try.

I really can't see why there is any validity in random statements anonymously spewed on the internet and repeated & amplified by the gossip press.

I have no great affection for the duke and duchess of Sussex - at all - but that does not mean that I need to believe every anonymous statement that I can find on the internet.

If there are credible claims to be made about them they should and can be discussed. But the example listed above about the Duchess supposedly complaining about titles has absolutely no reason to be taken seriously. AFAIK it is a story in this book is based on a Canadian former girlband singer agreeing online with a tumblr post where somebody says that they saw this video. The article in the Express got twisted by the author of this book to make it more credible - which it is not. Authors twisting facts are in general unreliable. That is something many of us remembered when discussing the book of Lady Colin Campbell and we should remember the same when discussing this book as well.

By repeating a far fetched claim from a anonymous person 'somewhere on the internet' we are amplifying this message. Some may claim that the duke of Sussex wears Minnie Mouse socks every Friday. Others may claim that the Duchess collects umbrella cover sleeves. But unless there is a credible source behind it there is absolutely no reason to assume that such random claims are true and we would all be wise to keep that in mind when discussing this book.

This forum has rules against lies, speculation, slander, gossip and innuendo. We all signed up for that when we joined this forum. It is not odd for to expect fellow posters to let these rules be a guiding principle when posting on this forum. All I have done is to point out that a healthy dose of skepticism is needed when discussing this book. As long as that is the case we can keep this discussion going.


We have been accused of heavy handed moderation and of censorship by haters of royals x, y & z for over 18 years, since Les Tribunes Royales was changed to The Royal Forums. Likewise we have been accused of allowing too much speculation, usually by fans of royals x, y & z. I understand that it may be frustrating not to be able to rant and gossip unchecked. But for better and for worse that is not the kind of forum that TRF is, was or ever will be. Those who want to engage in a parallel universe of half truths, gossip, lies and paranoia have many other social media platforms available where they can engage in these things.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #80  
Old 07-03-2020, 07:14 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I will read it, and get back to you, Sun Lion.
I would really like that Leopoldine.

I've been looking at the Chapter titles and it comes across as a "breezey" kind of book, not too heavy-going.

"Carole Meets Her Captain"/"Miserably Ever After"/"Wow, Kate's Hot!"/"Windsors & Losers" etc.

It sounds like my kind of book.

(And I think one of the authors is Australian, though very Hollywood in his career, so maybe that is part of it.) Happy reading.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Duchess: The Untold Story" by Penny Junor (2017) [Duchess of Cornwall] Dman Royal Library 118 01-08-2019 10:14 AM
"The Sultan & The Queen - Untold Story of Elizabeth & Islam" by Jerry Brotton (2016) Rudolph Royal Library 4 04-28-2017 11:33 PM
"The Queen Mother: Untold story of Elizabeth Bowes Lyon" by Lady Colin Campbell (2012 EIIR Royal Library 50 04-23-2012 02:09 PM
"Diana Inquest: The Untold Story" by John Morgan (2009) ghost_night554 Royal Library 21 08-05-2009 11:17 AM
Reports that Harry and Chelsy have split up Hendrik-Jan77 The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 111 11-20-2007 07:20 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones baby names biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin cht cpr duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree games general news thread george vi gradenigo haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting introduction jewellery jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers luxembourg mailing maxima monarchy mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen maud resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart thai royal family videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×