Royal Jewels Books

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it and love it. I originally purchased it Amazon - it was expensive, took forever, and when it finally did arrive, it was not in English. I sent it back to Amazon and purchased it from van Hoogen...etc. IT arrived quicker, was cheaper and was in english. I knew very little about the Italien royal family so it was an interesting read. They didn't hesitate to remake pieces to suit them. Sad most of it got auctioned off - it's hard to figure out what's left in the bank.

"Jewels from Imperial St Petersburg" by Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm (2013)

"Jewels from Imperial St Petersburg"
by Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm

Jewels from Imperial St. Petersburg: Amazon.co.uk: Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm: Books

• ISBN-13: 9781906509248 ISBN 10: 1906509247
  • Publisher: Unicorn Press
  • Publication date: 16 March 2013
  • Pages: 296
Barnes & Noble
A beautiful record and a stunning gift for the connoisseur of Imperial Russian jewelry.

Imperial Russian jewelry has its own special allure and is highly appreciated by collectors and connoisseurs around the world. This book offers a fascinating range of jewels and objects d'art crafted in St Petersburg during the golden age of ornamental design. Starting with the reign of Elizabeth, Empress of Russia, through that of Catherine the Great and ending in 1917 with the passing of Nicholas the 2nd, the book is intertwined with captivating personal and imperial history. It describes the development of style and design within the art of the St Petersburg goldsmith, while putting it into historical context.

Many of the pieces portrayed come from private collections in Finland and Sweden, each with a unique prominence happily preserved in anecdotes, letters, diaries, historical documents, and photographs. Magnificent portraits from Russia's most prestigious museums can likewise be found throughout the book's 300 deeply illustrated pages.

The Book Depository
A beautifully researched and illustrated volume about the jewelry from pre-revolutionary Russia.

Russian jewelry has its own special allure and is highly appreciated the world over. This book not only offers a fascinating range of jewels and objects d'art crafted in St. Petersburg, beginning with the reigns of the empresses Elizabeth and Catherine the Great and ending in 1917 with that of Nicholas II, it is also intertwined with captivating personal history. It describes the development of style and design within the art of the St. Petersburg goldsmith, putting it into historical context. Many of the pieces discussed come from private collections in Finland and Sweden, each with a unique provenance happily preserved in anecdotes, letters, diaries, historical documents, and photographs.

The author
Ulla Tillander-Godenhielm, Ph.D., is the great-granddaughter of the St. Petersburg goldsmith Alexander Tillander, a leading supplier to the Imperial Russian Court. She has been researching the oeuvre of Russian jewelers for many years. Her doctoral dissertation was on the labyrinthine and intriguing award system of Imperial Russia. Her work takes her around the world: lecturing, consulting for art exhibitions and writing in exhibition catalogues and for art publications. She has published several books on her specialty, the art of the jewelers of Imperial St Petersburg.

v cover
reproduced for promotional purposes

Attachments

• Jewels.jpg
    Jewels.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 836
Last edited by a moderator:
Woulkd love to hear a review of this book from anyone who has read it. Hope the book has lots of good historical info on Imperial jewels and good pics.

can you but the point de vue edition several years later they did a jewllery edition a few years back i would like to have

can you but the point de vue edition several years later they did a jewllery edition a few years back i would like to have
Relay.com has put some old issues of Point de Vue and Images du Monde (the PDV companion magazine with specials on wedding and jewels) online. You have to get the more expensive monthly subscription to get the back issues. It's pricey: 20 euros/month after the first month, but there's only a few issues, so I canceled my subscription after reading everything.
Someone also mentioned zinio.com which is cheaper, but not sure about back issues.

Woulkd love to hear a review of this book from anyone who has read it. Hope the book has lots of good historical info on Imperial jewels and good pics.

I have this book in russian language and I like it very much. I think I was really lucky to buy it, there are only 500 publieshed copies in russian. It has a very interesting text and a lot of beauteful photos including stunning portraits of Empress Maria Alexandrovna and Princess Yusupova by Vintergalter.

Relay.com has put some old issues of Point de Vue and Images du Monde (the PDV companion magazine with specials on wedding and jewels) online. You have to get the more expensive monthly subscription to get the back issues. It's pricey: 20 euros/month after the first month, but there's only a few issues, so I canceled my subscription after reading everything.
Someone also mentioned zinio.com which is cheaper, but not sure about back issues.

so its hard to get it in paper forms is there any kind of ebay but french verion? that have these magazines

does anyone know what issues has been specilly about jewllery?

Last edited:
Any new books for 2019

i still would love to see a updated version of
Juvelerne i det danske kongehus - Bjarne Steen Jensen
with new jewllery added and new royals wearing the old jewllery

Back
Top Bottom