Royal Family of Serbia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
I just searched though all 153 threads and did not see a single thread for the Serbian Royal Family... Do we know if there is any reading out there? Surely there must be a book or two!

Thomas Foran de Saint-Bar, Les Karageorges, rois de Serbie et de Yougoslavie: De l'assassinat de la monarchie et de la démocratie en Yougoslavie par Tito, avec l'aide de Staline, jusqu'à la guerre du Kosovo, Christian, 1999 (ISBN 286496077X)

For a King's Love: The Intimate Recollections of Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia

A King's Heritage : The Memoirs of King Peter II of Yugoslavia

Paul of Yugoslavia Britains maligned friend by Neil Balfour and Sally Mackay.

Interesting to see none in English :(

I just searched though all 153 threads and did not see a single thread for the Serbian Royal Family... Do we know if there is any reading out there? Surely there must be a book or two!

Royal Forums>Non reigning houses> Royal Family of Serbia

Interesting to see none in English :(

What do you mean "none in English". The books by Queen Alexandra & King Peter and Neil Balfour are all written in English.

What do you mean "none in English". The books by Queen Alexandra & King Peter and Neil Balfour are all written in English.
Didn't know this! Thanks for this info. I have searched in the past, and have not seen these, so I will go and take a look. This is new to me.

These must be their memoirs? I am talking about autobiographies or books by authors like those who consistently come out with books on the British royal family. I get that there will not be a million books on the families in the Balkins, and I don't expect that -just was curious as to what was out there in terms of biography s, autobiographies, histories, and other ransoms. I know that there was recently released book consisting of memoirs of Peter II. Other than that, what else? That is what I was asking...

Well obviously the books written by King Peter and Queen Alexandra are their own autobiographies.
Neil Balfour was once married to Princess Elizabeth. He is the author of the book about Prince Paul, father of his former wife.
I know of no other English language books about the former Yugoslav/Serbian royal family butI cannot imagine any such books would have been in high demand in the English speaking world. The dynasty was not an old one coming to the throne only in 1903 and being toppled with the end of WWII, so there would not have been a lot to write about.

Serbia: The History of an Idea by Stevan K. Pavlowitch looks at the medieval rulers.

Back
Top Bottom