Royal Family of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady Jennifer, please, can you say me of where you to obtein the photo of prince Haakon of your message? please, I like this photo.

Really liked that little film on Harald's life ! thanks for posting it !

I got this book for Christmas. What can I say? If you're a royal watcher, and have read other books about Harald before - there isn't really much new. There were some adorable anecdotes, and some new pictures of Harald with his grandchildren, but other than that, it seems mostly to be a rehashing of the things we know.

But it is worth reading to get a complete overview.

The author is a well-known columnist on the Norwegian language, and I do wish he'd used some of it in writing. The text jumped a couple of times, and when quoting sources, it was sometimes hard to know what was quoting the source and what was the author telling about the situation.

It must have been an interesting book if you read it within 2 days, Norwegianne!:rolleyes:
I wish I could understand Norwegian. I would love to read it! And of course I would love to see the pictures printed in the book.

Is it possible to see the pictures of the book online ?

The biography will be out about a year after its initial publication date, according to Aftenposten. Twice delayed because the author and Mette-Marit wants to spend more time together.

Still no mentioning of whether it will be out in English.

dont think it will be out in english ! which is a total shame !!
but they didnt do it either for the King , when his book came out !

sm1939 said:
dont think it will be out in english ! which is a total shame !!
but they didnt do it either for the King , when his book came out !
It's a different publisher than the King's biography. This time, as I mentioned before, it is Font Publishers, Halfdan W. Freihow's company, who is publishing it. They've published books in English before, so who knows? I'll agree that it might not be very likely, but it is the case of supply and demand. Books about royals rarely seem to be translated into languages other than the country in question.

norwegianne said:
It's a different publisher than the King's biography. This time, as I mentioned before, it is Font Publishers, Halfdan W. Freihow's company, who is publishing it. They've published books in English before, so who knows? I'll agree that it might not be very likely, but it is the case of supply and demand. Books about royals rarely seem to be translated into languages other than the country in question.

Fingers crossed, least we have some hope !!

E-mail contact, please?

norwegianne said:

THANK YOU for referring me to this Thread, Norwegianne!
I appreciate your doing that.

Can you please provide us with an e-mail contact so that we who are keen to read about MM in English, may ENCOURAGE the publishers to please put out a translated version?

I would like to e-mail folks and perhaps give them a little nudge, if you will.

I regret not knowing any Norwegian.

-- Abbie :flowers:

HRH Abigail said:
THANK YOU for referring me to this Thread, Norwegianne!
I appreciate your doing that.

Can you please provide us with an e-mail contact so that we who are keen to read about MM in English, may ENCOURAGE the publishers to please put out a translated version?

I would like to e-mail folks and perhaps give them a little nudge, if you will.

I regret not knowing any Norwegian.

Hi HRHAbigail,

I have a suspicion that if you go to the link that norwegianne provided for the company, you will be able to look around yourself and find all of the information that you are seeking, including information about how to get in touch with them, as well as their upcoming projects. This is generally the case with companies, and publishers especially. Best of luck in your search. Perhaps you might even find something that you were not even looking for that might interest you!

:flowers:

Thank you very much, Empress!

Empress said:
Hi HRHAbigail,

I have a suspicion that if you go to the link that norwegianne provided for the company, you will be able to look around yourself and find all of the information that you are seeking, including information about how to get in touch with them, as well as their upcoming projects. This is generally the case with companies, and publishers especially. Best of luck in your search. Perhaps you might even find something that you were not even looking for that might interest you!

Hello my Dear:

How are you this fine day?
THANK you for your reply.

Yes, I would love to e-mail these folks and give them the nicest possible nudge in the direction of translating what looks to be a great book!

Call me Abbie, would you please?

I just now e-mailed the TWO Contacts given in the Site -- :)

Empress said:
Hi HRHAbigail,

Yay!
I just now e-mailed the TWO contacts, a Mister Ulvestage and a Mister Frelhow, given in the Site. I told them how very much I would LOVE to see The bio of MM translated into English and then available for purchase, here in the USA.
I hope to hear back from one or both of them.
If I do, I will let you all know what I receive, alright?

It would be great to get a biography translated into English. And I would learn Norwegian, but I've already promised myself I'd learn Danish as a summer project.

Good for you!

acdc1 said:
It would be great to get a biography translated into English. And I would learn Norwegian, but I've already promised myself I'd learn Danish as a summer project.

Good for you!

Well done ... I guess that unless you know one Scandinavian Language, learning ANY language can be most difficult, no?

Update on the promised Biography of Mette-Marit

norwegianne said:
Yes. This one will be. The author has apparently been with her on solo-trips and her and Haakon on mutual trips.
I just wrote The Publisher, Font Forlag, and a Mr. Ulvestad there.
I asked him if an English translation of any book he publishes on/about MM would be offered to The Public.

Here is what he replied to me:
We don't know yet, whether the book will be translated into English.
Please contact us again in September.

Best wishes,
Knut Ola Ulvestad
Publisher
Font Forlag
So, I will re-address this matter, with The Publishers, come September.

I am quite pleased to have heard back from them! ;)

VG reports that the official biography on Mette-Marit has been put on ice.

The reason is that the author and Mette-Marit are disagreeing on some things in regards to the content and form of the material.

I suppose it had to be something when it was postponed so many times.

Oh, dear :(

norwegianne said:
VG reports that the official biography on Mette-Marit has been put on ice.

The reason is that the author and Mette-Marit are disagreeing on some things in regards to the content and form of the material.

I suppose it had to be something when it was postponed so many times.

Oh, dear oh dear ...
I wonder what they are disagreeing about, don't you?
Well, MM is probably -- just a guess, here -- feeling some pressure from The Palace wanting her to get her story out there, no? I have heard this was the reason that she is cooperating with the writing of her Biography to begin with.
To my mind, she seems a bit young to have a Bio issued about her, although if it IS published in English, I will want to get it!

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with her younger days pre-Haarkon. With hindsight, people often regret the things they have done in moments of "youthful indiscretion". Official bios tend to whitewash some of those rough times, either at the subject's request or the writer.

How to get Princess Märtha Louises book?

Since a few months I try to get the book "Why kings and queens don't wear crowns" of Princess Märtha Louise of Norway. Does anyone know, where I can buy it?

Does anyone have read that book? How is it?

Since a few months I try to get the book "Why kings and queens don't wear crowns" of Princess Märtha Louise of Norway. Does anyone know, where I can buy it?

Does anyone have read that book? How is it?

"Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns" is available on Amazon.com :flowers:

It's an okay children's book - not particularly special in my opinion.

This is truly shocking!! A granddaughter of Queen Victoria bearing a child not of her husband and passing the child off as an heir?? Never!! What slanderous dirt!

To be clear it was no illicit affair but (if true) is said to be artificial insemination using a turkey baster. The sperm donor was the doctor's handsome young son. Perhaps Haakon was infertile, or perhaps he and Maud had aversion to having sexual relations since as first cousins they were had grown up close like brother and sister.

king harald is a good for norway the only mistake he made was that he want to break tradition and for his children to folowed him that i accept bur for 2 drugs associated member to enter the royal family is simply too much for a monarchy who's only 103 years old

king harald is a good for norway the only mistake he made was that he want to break tradition and for his children to folowed him that i accept bur for 2 drugs associated member to enter the royal family is simply too much for a monarchy who's only 103 years old

The monarchy may only be 103 years old in Norway but king Harald is a direct descendant of the last Norwegian kings of about 1000 years ago and he is equally descended directly from the Danish and Swedish kings who in the centuries in-between reigned over Norway and had the title of "king of Norway" in addition to their own. Thus I'd say he is from a very old dynasty indeed.

Back
Top Bottom