Royal and Other Magazines (PdeV, Majesty, Hello! etc)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Magazines

Does anyone know of any good magazines that are specifically about royalty that I can subscribe to?

Majesty is a good one. www.majestymagazine.com

I have it on a subscription which works out a tad cheaper than buying it in the shops, most of which have to order it in for you and slap on a charge for doing so. I have it delievered and it's good for photographs.

In regards to Royalty magazine in my opinion, I don't like the new angle that they are going for. If its called Royalty magazine..why am I seeing pics of celebrities who are not with royalty. They do have a great historical section though.

The one I like best is Point de Vue, its the only one with the occassional story on non-reigning royals as well..

which is the most (and least) reliable royalty magazine?

Hi I want to know what do you think about royalty magazines? which ones are "serious" and which ones are pure garbage.

To me amongst the good ones are: Hola!, Diez Minutos, Hello, Point de Vue, Lecturas
The bad ones are all those german magazines that keep on changing people's clothes' color, I don't even waste my time trying to learn their names ;)

I want to know your opinions on this, my fellow TRF members

Majesty is pretty good....from the one copy I have that is about 2 months old, but it is pretty good :D

Every now and then, Vanity Fair (US) magazine will have an interesting article on the Royals. They did a whole issue about a year and a half ago with Prince William on the cover and they covered many Royals. It was mainly profiles but gorgeous pictures. I have also bought several Australian magazines that have good Royal articles. I believe they were New Woman and (?) I'm forgetting the other one, sorry. I am also frustrated with Royalty magazine and their coverage of non-royals. Being in the states, it is VERY hard to find things on Royalty, particularly the non-British families. Royalty magazine has also gotten in the habit of showing 'World' news pictures which are not Royal-related, either. I do like Majesty but here again, not many articles on the non-British. I know the internet is wonderful for seeing photos but some of us like a good, old fashioned read and I also like making photo albums/scrapbooks with articles.

I am quite disgusted with The Royality magazine for the following reasons:

1. The Mag is deteriating into a film star mag i.e. Angel. Jolie on last cover, even thought it was QEII 80th birthday.

They are the worse company I have ever done business with. A 12 month subscription extended to 22 months before all 12 issues were received.
There was a gap of 5 months with nothing printed.

They are loathe to answer email, letters, aerograms. I felt I would have to fly to London to get answers.

I am seriously thinking of not renewing my subscription, as the content has drastically reduced about Royalty.

I think they should change the name of the magazine.

Signed HRH

I'm addicted to point de vue. Royals is nice as well (great photos but silly texts), but only a monthly. PdV brings something fresh every week.

For those intrested in Belgian aristocracy I can recommend L'éventail

http://www.eventail.be/

I've stopped searching for Royalty at my local Barnes & Noble because its never there. Majesty is much better (it actually comes out ever month & its well worth the subscriptions- IMO- I have a 2yr subscription) & they only cover royals.

joye said:
I am quite disgusted with The Royality magazine for the following reasons:

1. The Mag is deteriating into a film star mag i.e. Angel. Jolie on last cover, even thought it was QEII 80th birthday.

They are the worse company I have ever done business with. A 12 month subscription extended to 22 months before all 12 issues were received.
There was a gap of 5 months with nothing printed.

They are loathe to answer email, letters, aerograms. I felt I would have to fly to London to get answers.

I am seriously thinking of not renewing my subscription, as the content has drastically reduced about Royalty.

I think they should change the name of the magazine.

Signed HRH

Hannelore said:
I'm addicted to point de vue. Royals is nice as well (great photos but silly texts), but only a monthly. PdV brings something fresh every week.

For those intrested in Belgian aristocracy I can recommend L'éventail

http://www.eventail.be/

I've only seen Pdv once & that was at Borders. It looked interesting & I really liked seeing the pictures, but sadly I couldn't read any of the articles (since it was in French :().

Point de Vue

Has anyone here scanned the Point de Vue Special Edition about royal ladies through out the decades? It's the one that has on the cover the photo of Madame, the Countess of Paris (also known as Royal and Imperial Highness Isabelle of Braganza-Orleans)? Caroline is also on that cover. We don't get the Point de Vue Special Editions in my area. :(

Last edited:
Point de Vue

Does anyone know what happened to the website pointdevue.fr? Courrier :: Bienvenue à Horde. ?

Has the magazine gone out of circulation? or are they updating the site?

Last edited:
I don't think it's gone out of circulation. I have a subscription to it.

I keep getting a message saying I need a username and password and a language to select...anyone else having this problem?

How strange...now it works for me...thanks

I'm wondering if any of you in the US has a subscription to this magazine.
I'm thinking of subscribing through Amazon but from the reviews it seems that some people don't get their magazines, or have a very hard time getting them.
Anyone here know the straight poop?

Callaghan said:
I'm wondering if any of you in the US has a subscription to this magazine.
I'm thinking of subscribing through Amazon but from the reviews it seems that some people don't get their magazines, or have a very hard time getting them.
Anyone here know the straight poop?

I've been subscribing to Point de Vue for a while and receive my issues promptly each week. I subscribe through expressmag.com and never have any problems.:flowers:

Thank you very much Kirstengrafin. I'll try it through expressmag.com too.

Toledo
The film "Les rois maudits" has still its web-site with full information but it's only in french. But I hope that you will enjoy at least the photos and music

Les Rois Maudits france2.fr

Royal Digest Quarterly

I would like to subscribe to the Royal Digest Quarterly, but have been unable to find out how to. Are there any members who would provide any information as how I can subscribe? Thanks in advance.:flowers:

I have a question for everyone & hopefully someone can answer this question..
In a few weeks I'm moving & I have a subscription to Majesty. I'm not too worried about getting it done at this very moment due to the mag being sent to my parents house (has been sent there since I was younger & at university). I want to forward the mag to my new home, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm on the majesty website.....I guess I would e-mail the people under subscriptions?
Thanks

I just cancelled my subscribtion of Hello-Magazine. I read it for some years, and i always liked the reports and pics about the Royals because they were much better than in every German magazine.
But for some time Hello changed to a Beckham-magazine and i´m not interested in this kind of people. And the Royal reporter Jude Wade prefers to write more and more articles only about William and Harry or Kate Middleton (she seems to make the most covers). Maybe it´s the wish of the readers, but for me this weekly magazine is more and more a waste of money.
Maybe i will subsribe Majesty now, but i´m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom