Royal and Other Magazines (PdeV, Majesty, Hello! etc)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lil_Munchkin

Hello :),

I hope this is the right forum to post this in.

I'd like to read or to subscribe to a magazine on royalty + I wanted to ask which one would be better for a new reader?... :blush: Or which ones would you recommend?

Many thanks ^^! + I enjoy reading all the news + seeing the pics + stuff... ^^!

I have subscribed to Majesty for many years and find that it gives a good overall coverage. Because it is a british publication it covers the british royals more than others but there is still plenty of news and special occasions like Royal Weddings, births etc get plenty of coverage.

"Royalty" is very focused on Diana and can be expensive.

Majesty is good for official coverage of the royals but I find Hello! better for everyday news! Hope this helps

im subcribe of Hello magazine, Majesty magazine, Royalty Magazine but im mostly read Hello magazine and Majesty magazine lots!

my mom paid hello magazine and im paid majesty magazine for 2 years for renewals every years if i need to paid its so important i told my mom about hello magazine renewals i told her i will get mail from hello magazine about October or November to paid that but Majesty will wait in years.

Sara Boyce

I love seeing pictures too!! I am subscribed to Hola! (in Spanish). But I also love Point de Vue (in French), even though I am not subscribed.

ILoveCristina said:
I love seeing pictures too!! I am subscribed to Hola! (in Spanish). But I also love Point de Vue (in French), even though I am not subscribed.
What royal families do they talk about in those magazines?

Josefine said:
what magazine is sweden is best regarding royals
In sweden i would think that svensk damtidning is the one with most royal coverage, but all the gossip papers have royals in them for ex: hänt extra, se & hör, Nu! etc...

I thought we could start a list of Royalty magazines. (I hope this topic hasn't already been stated if so I'm sorry for making another thread on it)

My faves are royalty and majesty. I dont really know about any others. :eek:

I forgot about Hello. If you can read spanish or get it translated Hola is good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
my favorites is Hello magazine,Royalty magazine and Majesty magazine because more famous! but im mostly read often include Hello magazine and Majesty magazine!

Sara Boyce

I subscribe to Majesty and find it money well spent.

Royalty is expensive and seems mainly geared to the American market with lots of "information" about Princess Diana which is a little tiresome for those of us who are more interested in other Royals.

I subscribe to Royalty and I purchase Point de Vue each week. I especially love Point de Vue it has more coverage on more royals than anything I've ever seen.

I have alot of Royalty magazines. I think they do a good job and there pics are so colorful. I only have one Majesty maagzine. To me there is too much coverage on British royals, but I guess this is understandable. I won't subscribe till I subscribe to the Economist...

I buy Point de Vue and Hola!! But I think that Royals is a very magazine too!
Lecturas magazine (Spanish one) is good too and it talks more about gossips than Hola. Hola and Point de Vue are very formal and politically correct magazines.

majesty Magazine is the most quality magazine.A lot of informations and photos of The British Royals.SOmetimes there are some about other Royals.

I like Royalty because they have been giving coverage of other royals besides the British for a while now. Majesty seems to be the British Royal Family's official magazine. But I do have both for occassions and such.

Ever since Diana passed they have been covering more Royals.

sara1981 said:
im not good read of Hola! im not spanish! im american!

Sara Boyce

So am i but if you know someone that speak spanish you can ask them. :D

What i hate about being in the states is that we don't get all the good magazine or at least the store dont self them. :( :mad:

They need to start a magazine that just talks about other royals more then the british. ;)

Point de Vue

Is point de vue only about royalty or does it include other things?

Thanks!

Jo said:
What i hate about being in the states is that we don't get all the good magazine or at least the store dont self them. :( :mad:

I have a subscription to Majesty. I used to go to Barnes & Noble every week & buy Hello! but it got to be slightly expensive- its like $5 US Dollars. I now read it online at http://www.hellomagazine.com/ & if there is an issue that I really want I'll go & buy it. Sometimes I'll go & buy Royalty if I see it in a store, but its very hard to find sometimes. It also seems to be a few issues behind....but that could be because the store might not always order it....the same also goes for Majesty sometimes. I had problems finding it before I got a subscription to it.

im not usually to read Hola because its hard understand reading for me when im visit England in Nov.2002 i saw Crown Princess of Sweden on cover but i dont buy of Hola magazine when i got newspaper for reading but i like to read include Mirror newspaper and Sun newspaper mostly my favourite to read it!

anyway! I been kept my bills makes me suspense kills because i dont have jobs yets but i told my mom million times and she told me i would get job soon! i would paid my renewals soon! i must to paid everythings! i kept my bills in my address books they dont lost it!

Sara Boyce

P de V

Jane Catherine said:
Is Point de Vue only about royalty or does it include other things?
Thanks!

P de V tries to cover a few bases. It is largely a glossy royal magazine, but includes history, design, fashion, cooking, puzzles, "culture", etc.

It will do big spreads on non-Royal topics, eg the death of the Pope the election of the new Pope, the Kennedys (don't know why), and will put a Royal slant on things such as the Olympics, the Tsunami etc.

P de V comes into its own with its great pictures and coverage of royal and aristocratic weddings and events. It will have "specials" on Royal jewels (their jewellery writer is Vincent Meylan, who wrote the excellent "Queens Jewels"), castles and palaces (not always Royal or aristocratic), and gardens (eg last week featured Stourhead in glorious double-page photos).

The "social pages" are largely UK/France/Belgium, and there is less emphasis these days on the German side of things, which is a shame. But they can come up trumps in surprising ways, eg last year P de V had 6 pages of photos taken at the "private" 50th birthday celebrations of Archduchess Carl Christian of Austria, nee Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg, which comprised a who's-who of the Luxembourg and Habsburg extended families.

I've been getting P de V here in Sydney every week for many years, and although expensive (it's air-freighted in), it is an excellent magazine to keep up to date with births/deaths/marriages/anniversaries/special events. Oh, and the editors are well aware that their readers are very fond of tiaras!

Highly recommended.

Warren said:
Oh, and the editors are well aware that their readers are very fond of tiaras!

To wear or to look at???
I'm sure you look very fetching in a tiara Warren! :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Regina said:
I buy Point de Vue and Hola!! But I think that Royals is a very magazine too!
Lecturas magazine (Spanish one) is good too and it talks more about gossips than Hola. Hola and Point de Vue are very formal and politically correct magazines.

Well, Point de Vue does a good deal of gossiping, in my opinion. For example, they had said Mary would give birth to her first baby in spring 2005 (http://www.pointdevue.fr/contenu/fr/default.php?rb=1) and that it was official, and that Letizia was depressed (http://www.pointdevue.fr/contenu/fr/default.php?rb=1).
But that doesn't stop me from buying it:D

susan alicia said:
re the kennedys, rough guess: perhaps because they are catholic

My guess why they were included is that some people refer to the Kennedy's as the closet thing the US has to a royal family.

My Tiara

wymanda said:
To wear or to look at???
I'm sure you look very fetching in a tiara Warren! :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Both, Wymanda.

I have a lovely cardboard cut-out one with big pretend diamonds and sapphires, but I don't wear it round the house anymore because it's become a bit frayed around the edges. And that's not a good look, is it?

:) :) :)
W

Well, if it's frayed, you're best off keeping it for wearing around the house. Then you just have to remember to change it for your best tiara when you go shopping, and that ought to do the trick.

I have a subscription to Majesty because the copies at the local bookstore were getting very sporadic. I've occasionally bought copies of Point de Vue at eBay, but it's too long since I did French at school and I find the text rather challenging these days.

Royalty always annoyed me because photos and their descriptions seemed to be in the wrong place with respect to each other, so I'd be looking at a photo of some bald guy looking gloomy and reading "Princess Diana accepts a bouquet of roses from a six-year-old admirer" and have to go searching for the parts I'd missed. Plus, when I was reading it more regularly, it seemed to be riddled with typos and other mistakes, including getting facts wrong more often than a good magazine ought to, so I figured that sticking with just Majesty would be best.

Elspeth said:
Royalty always annoyed me because photos and their descriptions seemed to be in the wrong place with respect to each other, so I'd be looking at a photo of some bald guy looking gloomy and reading "Princess Diana accepts a bouquet of roses from a six-year-old admirer" and have to go searching for the parts I'd missed. Plus, when I was reading it more regularly, it seemed to be riddled with typos and other mistakes, including getting facts wrong more often than a good magazine ought to, so I figured that sticking with just Majesty would be best.
I feel the same way. I thought I was the only one.
It also seems to have become or it was basically a magazine only about Diana (thats only my opinion & what it seemed to be). I mean I know people still love Diana & they still want to read about her, plus having a picture or her name on the cover does sell papers/magazines. Just my opinion.

Thank you Warren for your lovely and informative reply!

I also live in Sydney and was wondering where you get Point de Vue and how much it is? It seems like a wonderful magazine.

Thank you again!
Jane Catherine

Back
Top Bottom