The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queens of the Crusades -by Alison Weir

Queens of the Crusades -by Alison Weir

British Author, historian Alison Weir will release her second book on England's medieval queens in the UK on 5th November.

The Book is titled Queens of the Crusades and will cover the journeys of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Berengaria de Navarre, Isabella d'Angouleme, Eleanor de Provence and Eleanor of Castile whilst on Crusades.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/110/...910702093.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EVKRBMCVAAA4gEQ.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	302204  

Old 06-14-2020, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Ooh, I must read this! I always love the descriptions of how much luggage Eleanor of Aquitaine took with her :-) . And the story about Eleanor of Castile sucking poison out of Edward's wound, even though spoilsports say it isn't true.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:12 PM

Almost all modern Europeans are descended from Eleanor of Aquitaine, I think she's one of the most interesting historical women of all time. The Crusades are also among the most interesting eras in human history politically, economically, religiously, and geopolitically.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Ooh, I must read this! I always love the descriptions of how much luggage Eleanor of Aquitaine took with her :-) . And the story about Eleanor of Castile sucking poison out of Edward's wound, even though spoilsports say it isn't true.
I'm really looking forward to this release!