The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2020, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To me, Sarah always has been an impetuous and impulsive type of person that'll leap without looking or thinking and more of an instant gratification type of person that, more often or not, landed her in hot water. Andrew comes across as arrogant and entitled and tends to act as if things are due him and that he's "better" than others and perhaps feels that things can't go wrong for him. They possibly feed off each other. Sarah gushes over Andrew and Andrew "looks out" for Sarah. Neither one of them grew to be mature, responsible adults.

They've both learned otherwise and that there is a "real world" out there where they'll fail and fall just like anyone else that don't act like responsible, human adults. I don't feel its a reflection on the BRF as a whole but that's just me. The sins of the son aren't the fault of his family although there may be a point in the theory that Andrew was raised spoiled and catered to.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, Sarah always has been an impetuous and impulsive type of person that'll leap without looking or thinking and more of an instant gratification type of person that, more often or not, landed her in hot water. Andrew comes across as arrogant and entitled and tends to act as if things are due him and that he's "better" than others and perhaps feels that things can't go wrong for him. They possibly feed off each other. Sarah gushes over Andrew and Andrew "looks out" for Sarah. Neither one of them grew to be mature, responsible adults.

They've both learned otherwise and that there is a "real world" out there where they'll fail and fall just like anyone else that don't act like responsible, human adults. I don't feel its a reflection on the BRF as a whole but that's just me. The sins of the son aren't the fault of his family although there may be a point in the theory that Andrew was raised spoiled and catered to.
I think that yes Andrew was born a selfish type of person and would never be all that great, because it is his natural inclination to be bumptious and arrogant. But I think the queen did spoil him and of course his positon as a Prince gave him even more of a feeling that he was special and would always get the best and would always be looked after.. and that other people didn't matter nearly as much as he did.
Of course Royals do tend to be treated as special but more responsible royal parents try to make sure that they get a corrective training.. Strict nannies, schools etc.
But Andrew seems to have gone on being a spoiled brat most of his life. But I think that the failure of his marriage really fixed him in that mindset that he is just out for himself. Sarah let him down, and I think he did love her.. Now she does "act adoring" to him.. which I think is genuine in that she realises that throwing away her marriage was a bad mistake... and thtat Andrew in spite of his faults has always been good to her and no other man will go on helping her the way he does....
I think he is still loyal to her but unfortunately that has made him more greedy for money, both for himself and for her..so he basically thinks mainly of hanging round with people who can do dodgy deals that make money for him..and if they also supply him iwht women, that's all to the good.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Wyatt didn't have the money. His step-father Oscar Wyatt kept him on a tight leash, and, according to Allan Starkie, a repugnant biographer but nonetheless had to be vetted by teams of lawyers and was allowed to publish, Sarah apparently paid for the decoration of Steve's apartment in Washington DC after he was hounded out of the UK when the baby naked Bea pics came to light. To everyone's credit, they are still friendly and cordial.
I think she was keen on Wyatt though, and if he had had his own money, rather than just a rich stepfather, and he'd been willing, she might have taken him. She did I think hope when she and Andrew divorced, hope that she'd meet someone who was rich but not tied to the duties and restrictions of royal life.. But there weren't that many men who were that rich, who wanted to marry her. Im sure there were plenty who were up for a quick fling but Andrew was the only one who was loyal and he had moved on as a romantic partner.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Majesty

I think she would have married Steve even though Lynn and Oscar were subsidizing him. He seemed her type...shallow, non introspective, out for a good time.

Sarah might have believed that having the fairy dust of a former Royal duchess who whose children had the Queen of England for a grandmother in the family would have loosened the Wyatt purse strings and given her the wealthy carefree life she had always wanted.

She was reportedly heartbroken when Steven Wyatt got married.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Gentry

And Andrew is also 'involved' with another pedophile under investigation by the FBI and Canadian police forces - Peter Nygard (a Canadian multi-millionaire clothing manufacturer). Apparently he, Sarah and the Princesses have stayed at his Bahamas estate where a lot of the 'partying' went on. It is also probable that Andrew stayed there without his family as well.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think by the time Sarah hit her mid 40's she had decided it was far better to seriously hitch her wagon to Andrew again with hope of an eventual remarraige. I have to admit that I sensed she was getting close to it and of getting back into the family fold in the period between Prince Harry and Lady Gabriella's weddings. She was received well by the crowds at Harry's; obviously had a starring role at Eugenie's and then turned up with Andrew and Beatrice as a family unit at Gabriella's. I think a lot of people thought then it was a matter of time before she and Andrew officially got back together and I think Sarah would have loved to have been part of the RF again. Unfortunately for her Andrew's fall from grace has now precluded, if not remarraige, then certainly Sarah ever returning to royal life as it has for Andrew himself.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think she was keen on Wyatt though, and if he had had his own money, rather than just a rich stepfather, and he'd been willing, she might have taken him. She did I think hope when she and Andrew divorced, hope that she'd meet someone who was rich but not tied to the duties and restrictions of royal life.. But there weren't that many men who were that rich, who wanted to marry her. Im sure there were plenty who were up for a quick fling but Andrew was the only one who was loyal and he had moved on as a romantic partner.
Sarah would have lost the Duchess of York style if she had remarried-but I believe that she would have gladly done so if someone who could financially support her would have been willing to do so.

At the end of the day, anyone that she found attractive ($$$$$$$$$$$) was not willing to take her down the altar. Heck, even Diana seemed to be unable to do better than a Dodi Fayed. It seems that ex-royal wives are too much trouble to take on for most suitable ($$$$) men.

As far as Andrew, I can see him voluntarily going into exile (a country with no extradition treaties) but I doubt it will have any significant negative consequences for the BRF in the long run. HM, Charles, The Cambridge's have all gotten very positive press for the way they have supported the UK in this pandemic.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Sarah would have lost the Duchess of York style if she had remarried-but I believe that she would have gladly done so if someone who could financially support her would have been willing to do so.

At the end of the day, anyone that she found attractive ($$$$$$$$$$$) was not willing to take her down the altar. Heck, even Diana seemed to be unable to do better than a Dodi Fayed. It seems that ex-royal wives are too much trouble to take on for most suitable ($$$$) men.

As far as Andrew, I can see him voluntarily going into exile (a country with no extradition treaties) but I doubt it will have any significant negative consequences for the BRF in the long run. HM, Charles, The Cambridge's have all gotten very positive press for the way they have supported the UK in this pandemic.
H'es not going into exile. He has a home here, he has family, he has the protection of his royal status. he's never likely to work again, but he is better off in the UK
Old 05-19-2020, 01:13 PM
Majesty

I agree. He will not be forced into exile, nor should he be.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-19-2020, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But Andrew seems to have gone on being a spoiled brat most of his life. But I think that the failure of his marriage really fixed him in that mindset that he is just out for himself. Sarah let him down, and I think he did love her.. Now she does "act adoring" to him.. which I think is genuine in that she realises that throwing away her marriage was a bad mistake... and thtat Andrew in spite of his faults has always been good to her and no other man will go on helping her the way he does....
I think he is still loyal to her but unfortunately that has made him more greedy for money, both for himself and for her..so he basically thinks mainly of hanging round with people who can do dodgy deals that make money for him..and if they also supply him iwht women, that's all to the good.
I agree.
If only Andrew had married a different woman, or if he'd remarried after his divorce, he'd have been fine. He'd have his clubs, his golf, his patronages...
it might seem a boring existence to us, but I believe he'd have been content.

But Fergie kept clinging, and he was too weak to abandon her...so, the constant grubbing for money.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:35 PM
Courtier

If he had married well, he would have an entirely different life. Esteemed, respected, not having to suck up to dodgy figures for Fergie bail-out money, perhaps even attaining the rank of Sea Lord. A good wife could have tamped down his arrogance and impulsiveness. A good wife may have been enough of a reason to not undertake a totally ludicrous UK Trade Representative role. She would have pointed out that Royal military veterans who live on the public's dime should stay home and help fellow countrymen and women in need, especially ex servicemen and women.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

Like attracts like. Andrew wanted the Fun frivolous heedless girl and she wanted him. Can you see a Sophie Rhys Jones or Mary Donaldson Thinking ole Randy Andy is a great prize? Or Andrew being attracted to them?

Good Values and judgment and ethics are what attract and Hold the spouses that will help you Not hinder you in life
Old 05-20-2020, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
If he had married well, he would have an entirely different life. Esteemed, respected, not having to suck up to dodgy figures for Fergie bail-out money, perhaps even attaining the rank of Sea Lord. A good wife could have tamped down his arrogance and impulsiveness. A good wife may have been enough of a reason to not undertake a totally ludicrous UK Trade Representative role. She would have pointed out that Royal military veterans who live on the public's dime should stay home and help fellow countrymen and women in need, especially ex servicemen and women.
I agree. Apparently Edward could be a bit on the arrogant side too when he was younger though not in the same league as Andrew as he's a bit more quiet and sensitive like Charles. Since he married Sophie though you generally hear how charming and well mannered he is but I also agree that someone like Sophie would have had nothing in common with Andrew and he her.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Like attracts like. Andrew wanted the Fun frivolous heedless girl and she wanted him. Can you see a Sophie Rhys Jones or Mary Donaldson Thinking ole Randy Andy is a great prize? Or Andrew being attracted to them?

Good Values and judgment and ethics are what attract and Hold the spouses that will help you Not hinder you in life
That's partly true. I think they were genuinely in love.. but they didn't get on that well as a couple. THey didn't have that many interests in common, though Fergie did try to learn about his work etc... but she got bored with him being a stay at home golfing enthusiast..
She liked lively partying and I think that marriage to a royal went to her head and she became even sillier and more selfish than she was already. She was not very well off and she had access to more money... and even more, to rich friends who would lend her money.
I think that while Andrew still cares for her and they have a friendly relationship, he was hurt by her affairs and her rejection of him and he'd never want to remarry her...But their stayng together as friends hasn't been good for either of them.. they have both become very greedy for money and a pleasurable luxurious lifestyle .
Old 05-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

How these two characters managed to raise such dutiful lovely natured daughters is a mystery for the ages.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
How these two characters managed to raise such dutiful lovely natured daughters is a mystery for the ages.
I think they spent a lot of time with nannies and away at good boarding schools. If you aren't with your parents a great deal, it's easier to experience the best of them & be spared the worst.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Beatrice's ex...Dave Clark, was rumored to have bailed Sarah out financially on more than one occasion. That might be one reason why she was so fond of him.

I wonder if the equally well-heeled Edoardo is prepared to do the same for his future in-laws? I get the feeling that the answer is NO.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Beatrice's ex...Dave Clark, was rumored to have bailed Sarah out financially on more than one occasion. That might be one reason why she was so fond of him.

I wonder if the equally well-heeled Edoardo is prepared to do the same for his future in-laws? I get the feeling that the answer is NO.
I don’t buy it only because it probably costs millions to bail out Fergie and I don’t see Dave or even Eduardo having access to that kind of spare change
Old 05-20-2020, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is yet another area of the York family where we'll never know what has gone down financially within the family as its their private business. its not preposterous though to look at what we do know and come up with an opinion that anyone and everyone that is remotely close to Sarah has, at one time or another, bailed her out financially.

If there's an area where Sarah is good at getting into , its her financial dealings.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I don’t buy it only because it probably costs millions to bail out Fergie and I don’t see Dave or even Eduardo having access to that kind of spare change
I didn't mean to imply that Dave's financial assistance amounted to millions at a time. I am sure it did not. But I have no problems believing that he occasionally gave her $$ when she was in a pinch. She would have definitely not have had a problem accepting it.

It would not have necessarily always costed millions to bail her out.