New books marking the tenth anniversary of Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hendrik-Jan77

Nobility
City
Arnhem
Country
Netherlands
I would like to start a new Thread about the new books that are coming up to mark the tenth anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
I hope you all join me in keeping track on new books about our beloved late Princess Diana

Last edited:
The People's Princess: Cherished Memories of Diana, Princess of Wales, From Those Who Knew Her Best (Hardcover)
by Larry King (Author)

This title will be released on July 17, 2007

Majesty Magazine is to mark the tenth anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales with a superb 132-page, A4-size celebration of her life.
Lavishly illustrated, it will examine her early years, her marriage, her role as mother to a future king, her legacy and much, much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the DianaStyle looks interesting. Hopefully, it will have new pictures!

Thank you for posting these. I did not realize there were so many new ones coming out.

Thank you for listing these books. I've got my eye on the Diana the portrait. She looks amazing on the cover.

There is also a new DVD on Princess Diana from the Daily Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana and the paparazzi book was featured in the Sunday Express in the UK and was refererred to as 'Tastless' by a former Buckingham Palace press spokesperson.

Chrissy200 said:
Diana and the paparazzi book was featured in the Sunday Express in the UK and was refererred to as 'Tastless' by a former Buckingham Palace press spokesperson.

It is a tasteless book. I read excerp from the book and its not even worth being on the shelves.

goodness, still so many books after her death? i heard the one by tina brown is showing her at her worse and i thought they were friends....

There are a lot of books about Princess Diana Life. I believe, there is much speculation. After ten years. Diana is remember for many people in the world.

Fresh Look At Princess Di

How did Prince Charles feel when Diana died? Why did the princess predict her own death? Is Prince Harry really Charles's son?

Fresh Look At Princess Di, A New Book By Christopher Andersen Examines House Of Windsor - CBS News

I read the excerpt and it is hilarious, the 'facts' this chap comes out with, he must have an over active imagination ....... he can even tell us, with authority that Camilla on hearing the news grabbed her ciggies from the nightstand...... Oh please!

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I read the excerpt and it is hilarious, the 'facts' this chap comes out with, he must have an over active imagination ....... he can even tell us, with authority that Milla on hearing the news grabbed her ciggies from the nightstand...... Oh please!

Total pap. He's gotten numerous facts wrong just in the first two pages. I wouldn't waste my money on this one if I was dared to. :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Fresh Look At Princess Di

How did Prince Charles feel when Diana died? Why did the princess predict her own death? Is Prince Harry really Charles's son?

Fresh Look At Princess Di, A New Book By Christopher Andersen Examines House Of Windsor - CBS News

I read the excerpt and it is hilarious, the 'facts' this chap comes out with, he must have an over active imagination ....... he can even tell us, with authority that Milla on hearing the news grabbed her ciggies from the nightstand...... Oh please!

That's garbage...I didn't like Lady Diana's behaviors in the last years she was married to Prince Charles. But I don't believe that Prince of Wales is not Prince Harry's father. Unless they may prove it, I wouldn't believe it. They must be ashamed of writing such a things. The poor young man could read it and feel extremely badly. Authors must be more responsible when writing a book about a public personality. :bang:

Vanesa.

Does Christopher Anderson have citations in his books? Endnotes, anything? I think I remember picking up (but not buying) in a bookstore his last book on Diana's sons, and it didn't have notes.
That is one thing that bugs me about Ingrid Seward, she never sources her info. and it is annoying as anything, although I'm aware of her reasonably good standing as Majesty editor, but she really lets me down in this area.... What do these people think, we take what they write on good faith? :bang: Having notes in the books is the first thing I check for in any piece of non-fiction. How can these authors stand to write these biographies of living people and not have notes? They make these wild accusations and don't have any sources????

I wish someone like Ben Pimlott or some academic would take her biography on, though. I know it's not likely. I just wish we could have a real authoritative book about her, with sources, academically and credibly done.
Forget this rubbish from wannabe's like Anderson, Seward.... Kay with his "impeccable source", I don't know if he's done a book on her yet, but he is probably writing one.... Seward is all right, I guess, but it bugs me how she doesn't source any of her statements. I expect more from Majesty editor.
On a positive note, at least we are done with Lady Colin Campbell, or seem to be done with her. She seems to have disappeared, and thank goodness....
:D

Diana - 'The People's Princess' by Nicholas Owen

Hi

I am new to this forum and came across it while searching for some photographs, after buying a new book yesterday.

I purchased 'The People's Princess' by Nicholas Owen, with a foreward by Sir Trevor McDonald. With the book being by two of Britain's respected broadcasters, I expected it to be at least an accurate portrait of her life. So wrong!

In part one, page 22, there is a photo with the tagline 'A pensive Diana a month before her engagement was announced' - but the picture is from Auckland in 1983, not the picture below but from the same engagement (the book photo is the one of her beneath an umbrella, holding the top of her coat together)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/FertilityZone/Personal/dianarain.jpg

Then a little further on, page 53, is a photo with the tagline 'Sharing a joke with her sister-in-law, Princess Anne in 1992...but it's a picture of Anne and Diana at the Derby in 1986??? Not the picture I have shown, but the one of the two of them laughing

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p243/FertilityZone/Personal/dianaderby.jpg

How can a book, published to mark 10 years of her passing, make such ridiculous mistakes????

Am I being petty I wonder????!

I also purchased 'Diana The Intimate Portrait' by Judy Wady and 'The Diana Chronicles' by Tina Brown...but after seeing the first part of the serialisation in the Daily Mail, I wish I had not bothered!!

On order I have 'Diana: Myth and Reality' by Ted Harrison and 'Diana Style' by Colin McDowell

Last edited:
Hello Lorri, and welcome to the forum!

These days a lot more attention is paid to designing and marketing popular books than on verifying the accuracy of their content, unfortunately. For books like these, where they're being rushed into print in order to be ready for a specific occasion, I don't think it's all that surprising that there are going to be errors, even fairly major ones. It's just one of those things that knowledgeable people have to expect.

I've just read Christopher Andersen's book, After Diana.Andersen is usually a very reliable author;a must read is The Day Diana Died.After Diana is a little more gossipy in nature,and I was somewhat disappointed.But,Andersen does allow the reader to make up her/his own mind about somethings(Harry's parentage).Andersen just reports what sources say,and he does make it clear why some people think that Harry may not be Charles's son;but,he also makes it clear that Hewitt is not an altogether trustworthy fellow.The interview which started tongues wagging was not only a paid performance,but done under hypnosis.I've studied pyschology(post-graduate studies in Education and Pyschology),so I know that the subconscious is not a reliable source of memory;anything can affect the subconscious.Hewitt,Andersen writes,is also hard up for cash and is known to have tried selling some of Diana's love letters to him to the highest bidder.Hewitt just doesn't come across as a likeable or honest person!And the so-called "sources" for the Hewitt episode...I don't know whether to believe them or not!Andersen makes it clear that Harry is suffering because of the questioning of his paternity;he has volunteered to take a DNA test but the Queen thinks that it is too demeaning:she has lived through people questioning Andrew's parentage. The Windsors are all behind Harry;the Palace courtiers think that Hewitt's being the father is slim-to-none and don't want Harry to be bothered with the testing,either. But Harry is a sensitive young man and has been known to drink heavily... I am one of those people who thinks that Harry is Charles' son;Harry really favors the Spencer side of the family,except for his browrigde and deep-set eyes which favor Charles.I feel so sorry for Harry,it's just so mean spirited of people to question his paternity;Diana is dead and can't defend herself or her son and it just stinks!!

Andersen also explains the Nazi-costume episode.Harry and William,and perhaps many Etonians didn't study World War II in history classes so they both didn't know about Hitler,the Holocaust,or the meaning of the swastika;they both thought that it was just a uniform German soldiers wore in Africa(it was an African-themed party).Andersen states that if Diana had been alive,the boys would have known about World War II and the personal travails that the Queen Mother,King GeorgeVI,the Queen and Margaret went through along with the rest of the world.

So,over-all, Andersen gives a pretty fair accounting of life after Diana in the Windsor family.I don't know if I'm going to get Tina Brown's book,though.It sounds like Brown was anti-Diana and that The Diana Chronicles are going to be pure back-stabbing spightfullness.

Last edited:
Miselle, thanks for you book review about "After Diana", I really apprecicate it. I have not read it yet because it is not avaibale yet. I will read "The Diana Chronicles" beause it looks a very comprehensive book from all accounts.

I think Tina Brown made quite clearly that she felt more sympathic about Diana but she won't choose to neglect her flaws in her personal interview. she certainly will reflect her views in her books. If you have already read several books about Charles-Camilla-Diana, I think you will find not many new exciting facts. ."The Diana Chronicles" will stress the factor of Media in Diana's tragic rather than Charles's cruelty and Diana's mental illnesses. If you have read previous books from Andrew Morton, Jonathan Dimbleby, Penny Junor, Sally Bendall Smith,Christopher Wilson, Gyles Brandreth, and Sarah Bradford, you should feel no surprise in this book.

I found myself liking her way of collecting information but disagreeing with her opnion about the survival about Charles-Diana marriage. She thought it may survive if Camilla were not there.It is understandable because she regarded Andrew Parker Bowles as Camilla's great passion not Charles and she became Charles's mistress because of his betray. I don't agree with this position but it is any story of course.

Last edited:
Hendrik-Jan77 said:
The People's Princess: Cherished Memories of Diana, Princess of Wales, From Those Who Knew Her Best (Hardcover)
by Larry King (Author)

This title will be released on July 17, 2007

The very last one to take serious,larry king,"from those who knew her best"....??Who?Burrell?

Just cashing in on Diana,she's become an industry,and has been since her lifetime,by her own doing btw.

Tina Brown,saw her last night during an interview on german tv show "Beckman",she doesn't paint Diana black,she says she shows there was more then one side to her,instead of just sanctifying her,either way,she's to cash in.

misselle said:
Andersen also explains the Nazi-costume episode.Harry and William,and perhaps many Etonians didn't study World War II in history classes so they both didn't know about Hitler,the Holocaust,or the meaning of the swastika;they both thought that it was just a uniform German soldiers wore in Africa(it was an African-themed party).Andersen states that if Diana had been alive,the boys would have known about World War II and the personal travails that the Queen Mother,King GeorgeVI,the Queen and Margaret went through along with the rest of the world.
Not a very good book at all then as he has forgotten to mention the questions about Harrys parentage, before the Hewitt hypnosis, which was only in 2005.
HYPNO-DI-SED - News - Mirror.co.uk

Etonians have no choice but to study WW2 and know full well the meaning of the swastica and know about Hitler! :rolleyes: Why would Diana have taught them about the personal 'travails' of Charles' family during the war, more than Charles or his father?

The writer should check some of his facts! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It seems that a lot of books are being or are going to be released. I'm curious about Diana but I'm not going to buy a book that shows her like a saint or like a demon. The only advice that could be given is : be careful of what you read and what you buy ...

TheTruth said:
It seems that a lot of books are being or are going to be released. I'm curious about Diana but I'm not going to buy a book that shows her like a saint or like a demon. The only advice that could be given is : be careful of what you read and what you buy ...

You are so right...a reader needs to take things "with a grain of salt" because so many mistakes are being printed.Sometimes the reader already knows more about the subject than the author!;)

I am looking forward to Diana Style;I already have books in the similar vein on Jackie Style and Audrey Style as well as books on Diana's fashions,so this will be interesting,for me at least.
I broke down and ordered the Diana Chronicles;I prefer the warts-and-all treatment as long as it isn't too spiteful and mean-spirited.

And about Christopher Andersen's book:it went to press before Harry was pulled out of going to Iraq and just on the heels of William's breakup with Kate Middleton.So,those are some of the errors.But,I have to disagree with one of the posters because Andersen did include the hypnosis interview,which I went into detail about--Harry's parentage will remain an open question to some people because the only sure way of finding out,the DNA testing,is not going to happen.

And as to the World War II episode: Andersen did mention that both William and Harry were party boys. Perhaps they were too hung over during history lectures to pay attention?:rolleyes:

misselle said:
Sometimes the reader already knows more about the subject than the author......
....But,I have to disagree with one of the posters because Andersen did include the hypnosis interview,which I went into detail about--Harry's parentage will remain an open question to some people because the only sure way of finding out,the DNA testing,is not going to happen.

And as to the World War II episode: Andersen did mention that both William and Harry were party boys. Perhaps they were too hung over during history lectures to pay attention?:rolleyes:

The point I was trying to make is that there was a question about Harry's parentage BEFORE the hypnosis programme.
Amazing that they managed to miss the days of history over a period of weeks that informed them of the facts behind WW2.

I'm afraid Mr Andersen, from your description of some of his facts, is another 'make it up author', however unless people knew the main players in this aged saga, they only know what other authors or the media have told them, which as we all know is not necessarily the truth.

Last edited:
I was reading my People magazine, and in the book review section, Tina Brown's book on Diana (sorry, forgot the name!:blush: so embarrassing!) got excellent reviews. It was the critics choice. I'm big on summer reading, so I'll probably check it out.

misselle said:

I don't think they were doing any wild partying during their early years at Eton. They would have been 14 or so. Is this a case of trying to fit facts into preconceived notions?

Back
Top Bottom