New books marking the tenth anniversary of Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked up The People's Princess by Larry King from the library. It is actually a compliation of memories of Diana "from those who knew best"--about 50 people contributed. The book itself is a small hardback book about 200 pages. It looks like it is going to be a pretty fast read. Larry wrote the forward and Ingrid Seward the Introduction.

Some of those sharing their memories-- Dickie Arbiter, Lord Jeffrey Archer, Tyra Banks, Sarah Bradford, Sir Richard Branson, Barbara Bush, Joan Collins, Tessa Dahl, Tim Graham, Nigel Havers, Larry King, Bruce Oldfield, Sir Cliff Richard, Ingrid Seward, Donald Trump, Catherine Walker and Ken Wharfe.

There is a photo section midway through the book and a 6 page Diana: A Time Line at the end of the book.

The subtitle is rather a misnomer, isn't it?

TOTALLY a misnomer!! A good number of those with memories never even met Diana--so that kind of tells you the real story, huh? Most of those who actually knew Diana best in this book have already written books of their own for the most part--so they don't really tell anything new.

Other's like Donald Trump and Barbara Bush have longer intros about them than they do with anything on Diana. Another includee Alberto Repossi, "commissioned in the mid ninties to design a ring for Diana and Dodi Al Fayed".

Some of the stories are kind of interesting-among them Nigel Havers' story was endearing and funny( did you know he really fancied Diana? :flowers:) and Tessa Dahl's was kind of strange--more about her and the problems with her family more than anything.

I started and finished the book last night. If I had to describe it in one word--DULL comes to mind followed maybe by BORING as a close 2nd. The pictures included have been seen elsewhere several times too.

I can't think for the life of me why Larry King is listed as author of this book. He wrote a short foreward and a memory--that seems to be his whole contribution to the effort. Ingrid Seward apparently did most of the work and interviewed several of the participants.

I think I would pass on this book until it ended up on the bargain sale table--even then I would probably still leave it!! :ermm:

Some of the stories are kind of interesting-among them Nigel Havers' story was endearing and funny( did you know he really fancied Diana? :flowers:) .
I am surprised that Nigel Havers would contribute to any book on Diana. He was on UK TV stating that when his wife was dying, Diana was harassing him. (I haven't put that to annoy any Diana fans).
I haven't got this book and Larry King is not really known in the UK, so wouldn't buy it. What is the endearing and funny story? :flowers:

Wow those pieces of art are beautiful! I have to find that book.

Wow those pieces of art are beautiful! I have to find that book.

Yes, it's really great. Although I have some that I prefer. I like Chapman's Diana, England's Lady by Giovanni Gellona and I think Transcendence by Chantelle Tokarz is interesting but I never saw Diana as an angel even if she was exceptional at times. Anyway, it's the artist's choice :flowers:

I would love William to support a book about his mom's involvement in charities and photos never seen before.

I don't think it's true!!! it seems weird that prince william write a book about his mother!!!

please i hope this isn't true.....

well It's nice to write about his mother is that true? If it's true I am forwarding to see the book....Hope so..

The only perspective we seem not to have of Diana is those of her sons! I would just love to see their "unseen home movies" and read about what kind of mother they experienced.

I'm not trying to sound mean. but with all the books about her it really can feally like skipped cd that keeps repeating. I know that they add new info every time, but come on. Also on tv, like every station has to air their own documentry about her death. Ever heard the phrase "let her Rest In Peace".

The only perspective we seem not to have of Diana is those of her sons! I would just love to see their "unseen home movies" and read about what kind of mother they experienced.

me too... and of the whole royal family or her family (her sisters, brothers, Parents...)

It used to make me wonder too, but now I just don't even bother to pick up the book if the cover has the wrong picture. Diana parts her hair on the left. There were different lengths and styles but the parting was always the same. Often the photos were flipped to show her hair part on the right. Aside from inaccurate, it also makes the photo looking weird, particularly when it was a well publicized ones. I figure if the publisher couldn't have bothered to check if they were using the right side of the negative, they wouldn't have bothered to check the facts inside the covers either.

Diana, A Princess Remembered

The start of this inquest has stirred up such emotion and anger . Why has it taken so long?
Here's the most fitting tribute to the Princess i have seen in a while.

Diana, A Princess Remembered DVD=

Back
Top Bottom