New Biography on Queen Máxima by Marcia Luyten (2021 - expected)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bamboleio

Aristocracy
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
A Dutch cultural historian Marcia Luyten is working on a book dedicated to the Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. The book is expected to be released in 2021,on the eve of Maxima's 50th birthday.
The book will be dedicated to her work as a Queen, her influence on the monarchy and so on.
Source: Marcia Luyten komt met biografie over Máxima - Vorsten

Apart from being a cultural historian, Luyten is also a journalist and an interviewer in the most serious political tv programme we have.

Although it is nice that the queen gets a serious biography, I think it would make more sense to write such a book about the king. It is the king who has a constitutional role, not the queen.

:previous:
It's another example of the King taking a "back seat" as it is to his flamboyant and vivacious Queen. I'm taking a wild guess, a biography of Maxima would sell more copies than the same about Willem-Alexander and that's the rub, because as written, he actually has the constitutional role, the Queen is his Consort only.

Apart from being a cultural historian, Luyten is also a journalist and an interviewer in the most serious political tv programme we have.

Although it is nice that the queen gets a serious biography, I think it would make more sense to write such a book about the king. It is the king who has a constitutional role, not the queen.

I disagree with you.

Queen Maxima has had a deciding influence on her husband's character and also in defining who he is today. As a man, king, husband, dad.
She is also a deciding factor in influencing the heir.

Apart from the thumbmark she has already left of the Dutch monarchy and perhaps the Netherlands itself.
If you want to know King Willem-Alexander, you have to learn who Queen Maxima is.
So such a portrait is most interesting IMO.

Back
Top Bottom