”Mina 40 år för Sverige” by Carl XVI Gustaf (2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
On September 15, 1973 the then Crown Prince Carl Gustaf ascended to the throne and became King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden - Sweden's head of state. This means that the King this year has been the head of state in 40 years.

In conjunction with this year's anniversary published book "Mina 40 år för Sverige" ("My 40 years for Sweden"). The King picked out about 300 pictures from his years as head of state and provided them with personal captions.

"One of the best things about significant years is that they provide the opportunity to look forwards as well as backwards. Forty years is a very long time, and so much has happened. I was a relatively young man of 27 when I ascended to the throne, and I saw the world through the eyes of a 27-year-old. Now, 40 years later, I have a certain amount of experience to draw on. And the world around us has changed on many levels and in many different ways; even in terms of the proximity of the immediate family circle, in Sweden and in the world. It is sometimes said in jest that everything was so much better before, but that simply isn't true. In many ways, the world has become a better place in which to live for most people, but there is still a great deal of poverty and need in the world."

Norstedts - Mina 40 år för Sverige av Carl XVI Gustaf - Mynewsdesk
Translation

On Sunday's Expressen there were some photos from the book, including one of the king with princess Estelle in Drottningholm.
Kungens egna ord och bilder från sitt liv Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

v cover
reproduced for promotional purposes

Attachments

• CXVIG.jpg
    CXVIG.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the book today. The king has divided 40 years into decades, and every decade has a special section: The Head of State, Environment, Scouts, Sports and Family.
The book covers well the king's 40 years on the throne, it has a lot of great photos and the king's texts at the photos are interesting to read.

Was it expensive Lady Finn?

It looks like an interesting and personal insight into the Kings reign.

Hi- I am in the US and cannot get this book. Was there anything surprising in it? (anything that you didn't know and found interesting?) :)

Hi- I am in the US and cannot get this book. Was there anything surprising in it? (anything that you didn't know and found interesting?) :)

I think that the whole book is special, since the king has written himself all the texts and shares his personal memories. For example, he tells that he bought the fabric to the beautiful blue dress Victoria wore on her 18th birthday, the king bought the fabric from New York. He says that he doesn't do often things like that.
Victoria in the dress
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The dress at the Royal Armory
http://www.stockholmgamlastan.se/images/museum/livrustkammaren_popup_4.jpg

I think that the whole book is special, since the king has written himself all the texts and shares his personal memories. For example, he tells that he bought the fabric to the beautiful blue dress Victoria wore on her 18th birthday, the king bought the fabric from New York. He says that he doesn't do often things like that. Victoria in the dress Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image The dress at the Royal Armory http://www.stockholmgamlastan.se/images/museum/livrustkammaren_popup_4.jpg

That is a cool fact!!! :) :) :) thanks for sharing!!! :) :) :) :)

I just both the book :)
Finally :D
I'm on 5 day traveling trip in Goteborg and I was searching for this book or the new book about Queen Silvia's 70th birthday, but I find this and I'm happy. It's just in Swedish but it's full with pictures and to have in originally is precious for me :flowers:

I just both the book :) Finally :D I'm on 5 day traveling trip in Goteborg and I was searching for this book or the new book about Queen Silvia's 70th birthday, but I find this and I'm happy. It's just in Swedish but it's full with pictures and to have in originally is precious for me :flowers:

Wahoo!!!!!! Yay you!!!

Back
Top Bottom