Meghan Misunderstood

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!

:previous:

A celebrity biographer.

That pretty much sets the standard IMO.

My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!

Despite the Duke and Duchess of Sussex being written off in some quarters - no longer Royal etc - they must be seen as money-spinners by others Curryong. Best to get it all out there while "Megxit" is still fresh.

Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!

Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.

Last edited:
Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!

Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.

I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.

Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.

Quite right. I am sure most people fall into one camp or the other.

I would be surprised if the books themseves will add that much as there does not appear to be much more information about the said people or events in the public domain. The only exception to this could be if specific members of the ongoing saga choose to brief specific authors directly or indiectly as may be suggested from time to time.

Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.

I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.
Yes, I agree. I will save my money on purchasing something worth my time. Probably will get all the gossip on this and many other Royal Forum sites anyway. Of course I will read here but at this old age not gullible to believe all from either side. Each book will be slanted to whatever favor they want to push. It is normal. JMO

This is my plan too although I may purchase some of them for dirt cheap from my favorite cheap supplier (abebooks.com) for a boring night with nothing else to read (fat chance of that happening). :D

Thing for me is that I'm really not all that interested in their private lives behind closed doors as I sincerely believe unless one is intimately involved behind those closed door, everything is speculation and can be seen from many perspectives and paint many pictures of conjecture.

The one I would deem maybe first to read (cheaply of course) is the one being authored by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand "Finding Freedom". It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.

Unless it's written in conjunction with Meghan herself, which it presumably isn't, it's probably just going to be a rehash of all the stuff that's been all over the tabloids already.

i knew about the Scobie/Durrand Finding Freedom book which had the collaboration with the sussexes, but didn't know about the others - who is writing them and did H&M collaborate with any?

From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one

From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one

They didn’t. The author would use something like that to promote the book, which they haven’t.

It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.

I am not sure how "balanced" Omid's book is going to be. He is very pro-Meghan, and it is clear he has very close links to Meghan, possibly through her friend, Marcus Anderson.

Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

But then again, what do I know? :D

Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

Books bout the Sussexes are going to be divisive becuase they are. THey have fans who think highly of them and tehre are other people who are a lot more dubious. And they have alienated the Press which means that any favourable books are going to be dismissed as "puff jobs".. Lady CC writes scandal about everyone, its not just them. She is not an accurate writer - but her books do sell, even if they are not highly regarded.

Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.

Had to delete a double up of my post, sorry. Lack of wi-fi is very frustrating.

Last edited:
Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.

I disagree he is a well known and respected historian, considering he was directly involved in the making of The Crown a largely over dramatised and partially fictitious program. (All though very entertaining).

However there’s a thread for that book.

I think there are a lot of experienced royal journalists who would have followed Harry for many years, and H&M in more recent years, including travelling with them on royal tours.

I think the point I was making is that Omid clearly has an inside line to Meghan, in a way that others do not. That will mean that he will probably be putting out a version of events that Meghan (and Harry) want to put out. Is that a more "balanced" view, I think not. :flowers:

Morton already did a book on Meghan so this will just be another in a long line of books to come. There's a zillion books on Diana but in the end the mostly all say the same thing.

LaRae

Morton already did a book on Meghan so this will just be another in a long line of books to come. There's a zillion books on Diana but in the end the mostly all say the same thing.

LaRae

yep - there are more to come I have been told. Including one on Archie, one on Kate and Meghan and one on royals in the Millennium. and a film too to boot.

Thinking of writing one myself. Only met three royals , it was brief but meaningful I think I am overqualified.

You'd of had more face time with them than some authors!

LaRae

I think there are a lot of experienced royal journalists who would have followed Harry for many years, and H&M in more recent years, including travelling with them on royal tours.

I think the point I was making is that Omid clearly has an inside line to Meghan, in a way that others do not. That will mean that he will probably be putting out a version of events that Meghan (and Harry) want to put out. Is that a more "balanced" view, I think not. :flowers:

I don't want us to get off on other royals but...

I just think everyone, not least royals tends to see themselves positively and portray themselves that way to others. It's rare that I have a conversation with anyone that they admit they acted an entitled ass a bit, that their gifts outweigh their troubles,, etc. I think we all believe we do the best we can in the moment. And people do some pretty inhuman things in the moment.

Especially when people lead isolated lives, this happens. Or when they don't seek diverse opinions. It's not an excuse. But it is so common that you and I experience it every day either because we do it or we are around other people doing it.

Of course Omid sees Meghan and Harry the way they portray themselves.

Let us be honest here: if we buy every book that comes out about Harry and Meghan in the next few years, a lot of us will go broke :lol:

This does seem like overkill. She was barely in the royal family before they left. Now they're private citizens. How many books do we need on that topic?

yep - there are more to come I have been told. Including one on Archie, one on Kate and Meghan and one on royals in the Millennium. and a film too to boot.

Thinking of writing one myself. Only met three royals , it was brief but meaningful I think I am overqualified.

Now this is hilarious. So true though. There will be 245565 more books to come. It is what it is.

How do you there’s more to come out of interest?

This does seem like overkill. She was barely in the royal family before they left. Now they're private citizens. How many books do we need on that topic?

But they clearly intend to have a public career so they are going to be of interest in the US at least and there will be books and newspaper coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom