The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:25 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,728
Meghan Misunderstood

A "pioneering" new book that intends to "set the record straight on the most talked about ... and misrepresented woman in the world".

Due out on the 12th of November this year.

Published by the same company that is publishing "Finding Freedom".

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/h...-smith-1207535
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:51 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,150
My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:52 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,449


A celebrity biographer.

That pretty much sets the standard IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:56 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!

Despite the Duke and Duchess of Sussex being written off in some quarters - no longer Royal etc - they must be seen as money-spinners by others Curryong. Best to get it all out there while "Megxit" is still fresh.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:58 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,546
Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:01 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,728
Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:56 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!

Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.



I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2020, 04:00 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.
Quite right. I am sure most people fall into one camp or the other.

I would be surprised if the books themseves will add that much as there does not appear to be much more information about the said people or events in the public domain. The only exception to this could be if specific members of the ongoing saga choose to brief specific authors directly or indiectly as may be suggested from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2020, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.

I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.
Yes, I agree. I will save my money on purchasing something worth my time. Probably will get all the gossip on this and many other Royal Forum sites anyway. Of course I will read here but at this old age not gullible to believe all from either side. Each book will be slanted to whatever favor they want to push. It is normal. JMO
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.
This is my plan too although I may purchase some of them for dirt cheap from my favorite cheap supplier (abebooks.com) for a boring night with nothing else to read (fat chance of that happening).

Thing for me is that I'm really not all that interested in their private lives behind closed doors as I sincerely believe unless one is intimately involved behind those closed door, everything is speculation and can be seen from many perspectives and paint many pictures of conjecture.

The one I would deem maybe first to read (cheaply of course) is the one being authored by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand "Finding Freedom". It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.
__________________
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 537
Unless it's written in conjunction with Meghan herself, which it presumably isn't, it's probably just going to be a rehash of all the stuff that's been all over the tabloids already.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:49 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!
i knew about the Scobie/Durrand Finding Freedom book which had the collaboration with the sussexes, but didn't know about the others - who is writing them and did H&M collaborate with any?
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:47 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 237
From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one


They didn’t. The author would use something like that to promote the book, which they haven’t.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.
I am not sure how "balanced" Omid's book is going to be. He is very pro-Meghan, and it is clear he has very close links to Meghan, possibly through her friend, Marcus Anderson.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-24-2020, 04:11 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,943
Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

But then again, what do I know?
__________________
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-24-2020, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

But then again, what do I know?
Books bout the Sussexes are going to be divisive becuase they are. THey have fans who think highly of them and tehre are other people who are a lot more dubious. And they have alienated the Press which means that any favourable books are going to be dismissed as "puff jobs".. Lady CC writes scandal about everyone, its not just them. She is not an accurate writer - but her books do sell, even if they are not highly regarded.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,015
Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:24 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,015
Had to delete a double up of my post, sorry. Lack of wi-fi is very frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:30 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.

I disagree he is a well known and respected historian, considering he was directly involved in the making of The Crown a largely over dramatised and partially fictitious program. (All though very entertaining).

However there’s a thread for that book.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication althorp american history anastasia belgian royal belgian royal family bridal gown chittagong cht clarence house crown princess victoria danish royalty denmark diana princess of wales dna dutch dutch royal family edo facts family tree fantasy movie foundation future genealogy hill historical drama house of glucksburg imperial household intro jewelry jumma king salman languages list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mail maxima memoir monaco history mountbatten netflix northern ireland norway norwegian royal family palestine princess margaret random facts rown royal children royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress russian imperial family saudi arabia settings snowdon spanish history state visit to denmark sweden tips tracts united kingdom wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×