Meghan Misunderstood

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Meghan Misunderstood" has been serialised by "The Independent" ahead of it's November 5th publication.

The newspaper is running three extracts from the book - behind a paywall - but some has turned up across the internet, much the same as happened with some of the other books from earlier this year.

Looking at it, I think I am a bit over the Sussex saga actually.

I will have my eyes open/ears perked up, with the big court case in January. I think it will go ahead - I don't see the Duchess withdrawing now after all this time.

But otherwise I think I'm a bit burnt out.

I could not understand "Megxit" and the reasons for it earlier this year - but that is no longer the case

A lot has fallen into place, and it was all very interesting and enlightening. It filled in a lot of Covid days.

I also enjoyed the whole new house/new location thing - that was fun.

I think some of this year's books may have updated editions when more time has passed, and there is more to add about how things developed and ended up.

It's been a very interesting year, and I think Harry and Meghan will continue to be interesting.

But that is the future - and what they do/what happens - as they continue their US lives and businesses.

I can't take much interest anymore in what they have done in life up to this point. It's been covered so much.

I do wish Mr Smith success with his endeavours though, and hope he finds a market.

Last edited:
Sean Smith, the author of Meghan Misunderstood did an interview on ITV Lorraine (10th November) ahead of the book released.

Lorraine Kelly at one point challenged Sean Smith's claim that UK is the only country that dislike Meghan and did not embrace her. This was picked up by the Daily Express.
https://t.co/xInUl44UcC?amp=1

I have lost count on the number of biographies on the British Royal Family :eek: :bounce: ?

Last edited:
She was a very serious person who was upset that the UK only considered her a royal wife and "we" lost her after a week? Seriously?

I know she had done charity work before and wanted to use her new platform for good and I applauded that about her, but really? She came from a life where her most well known role was as Hot Love Interest on an increasing ludicrous light weight but fun legal show and everything is about your appearance and what you're wearing. There's every evidence that she very much enjoyed the dress up parts of it considering her new couture wardrobe. She could always have worn more repeats if she wanted to be focusing on other parts.

She wasn't an Amal Clooney suddenly sucked up into "famous for being a celebrity wife" from a serious career, she was from a Hollywood circus life apparently wanted to step up straight to being serious world famous philanthropist. But it doesn't work like that even if you are Melinda Gates or even someone like kamala Harris.

Blaming the public for the reaction to the South Africa interview is missing the point as well. If you want to make a documentary highlighting all the great charities you're visiting, do that. Maybe skip the parts where you complain about you're privileged life against the back drop of those a million times worse off than you.

People do listen when Kate talks childhood health and mental health and when Sophie and Camilla champion causes but it does take a bit of time. Though Meghan also had success with the cookbook and the clothing line for her charities. People were listening to her message.

And someone else pushing the half-in half-out "compromise" as a great idea. Yeah let them come back for all the good bits and the tours, I'm sure they'd also volunteer for flying back and forth for the less glamorous bits as well.

There are always people who aren't going to like you her sister in law and step mother in law can tell her that, along with Charles always languishing in the popularity polls or not even remember you exist (Sophie/Anne/Alexandra), the trick for the BRF is to continue on anyway.

That's if this book isn't a guy completely writing fanfiction about her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom