The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

The author, Lady Colin Campbell, has had members of the Duchess' family to stay with her.

Details of this forthcoming book below - but be aware the link is to the Daily Mail, if you wish to avoid that outlet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tell-book.html

Old 05-10-2020, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

@Sun Lion - relying on disgruntled relatives who have not contacted Meghan in twenty years as source material is dumb enough, but having them in your house during a pandemic is ridiculous.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
After reading just one book by Lady Colin Campbell, I've come to the opinion that there will be no "real" story in anything she writes. One of the last words I'd use for this author is "credible".

So I'll definitely be giving this book no thought whatsoever.

Interesting tidbit about the author. She uses the title "Lady" as she *was* married to Lord Colin Campbell of Scotland in 1974. They divorced in 1975. This tells me she's trading on the title.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-10-2020, 03:05 AM
Majesty

I agree, Osipi. Lady Colin was married for a few months only before separating from her husband. She trades in a great deal of unfounded gossip in her books and if she is relying on information about Meghan from the Dooley brothers it's going to be rather bizarre, as neither has seen her since their early teen years. Plus, it's doubtful that Thomas or Samantha Markle have visited the UK to stay with Lady Colin without news outlets knowing about it.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

I'll be interested to see what Lady Colin Campbell has to say.

I recently read her book "The Queen's Marriage" and saw what a good writer she is. (I read a few other books around the same time, and not every published author has a good way with words.)

Diana thought well enough of her to do 35 interviews with her before having to turn to Andrew Morton when Lady Colin wouldn't co-operated with Diana's victim perspective.

(And Lady Colin was then run down for saying Diana had an affair with James Hewitt and suffered from bulima etc. All things that were later released by Diana herself via the Panorama interview and the Morton tapes and book.)

With Omid Scobie's book in one corner, Lady Colin Campbell's in another, and the gossip from the servants and staff in Tom Quinn's book, the lid is being well and truely lifted off the Duke and Duchess across the spectrum.

I hope the situation between the Cambridges and the Sussexes is covered is detail.

I have an interest in all three books.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

And now the columnist, Sebastian Shakespeare, who revealed the news of the new Lady Colin Campbell book has written that the Duchess kept a diary during her UK years.

Maybe there will be still another book at some point.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The more I think about it, With Campbell stating in the title that its the *real* story, it reminds me of spam mail I get quite often (I don't open them but do get to see the first couple of words in the text of the email) that states: "This is from a *trusted* sender.

Just saying *real* or *trusted* doesn't make it believable and, IMO, if it was the *real* story or even a *trusted* sender, they wouldn't have to point it out in big bold letters.

Another question to ask ourselves is "do we really believe that Meghan would turn over her personal journal to anyone for a book?" It sounds highly unlikely to me that she would consider doing that even for a nanosecond.

Common sense and logic.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-13-2020, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

A diary? Gasp. She truly is the first person of her kind to ever keep a diary.

This is getting silly.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

"Lady" Colin Campbell is not synonymous with in depth journalism and/or historical search.
She's just an opportunist, and a bad one with that.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
"Lady" Colin Campbell is not synonymous with in depth journalism and/or historical search.
Neither is omid scobie..i can't remember the last time he wrote a book about the royals before meghan.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
And now the columnist, Sebastian Shakespeare, who revealed the news of the new Lady Colin Campbell book has written that the Duchess kept a diary during her UK years.

Maybe there will be still another book at some point.
"her UK years"? it was only 19 months...
Old 05-13-2020, 06:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I agree, she did write
The Queen Mother, the untold story. I seriously doubt many believe what is written there.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

The cover of this new book by Lady Colin Campbell - due for release on June 25th.

I'll be interested in Lady Colin's perspective of how "Californian culture has influenced the couple's conduct".

https://www.amazon.com.au/Meghan-Har...s=books&sr=1-1

For those interested in seeing Lady Colin talking about this new book ...

... she has posted a video of an interview on her Twitter account where she discusses it.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

A new video, with a bit of discussion about this new book, is now out.

Lady Colin says her book has already been translated into other languages, and that the American release will be a few weeks after the UK.

She also covers something she said in her previous video that she has now been contacted by Omid Scobie about, and discusses that.

See Lady Colin Campbell’s social media if you’re interested.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:00 PM
Nobility

I'm confused - is this the book Meghan and Harry supposedly cooperated on or are there two books coming out.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'm confused - is this the book Meghan and Harry supposedly cooperated on or are there two books coming out.
There are 2 books.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The fact that some excerpts are being leaked and she all but is claiming that Meghan faked her pregnancy tells me all I need to know about this book.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Yeah. Lady Colin is a piece of work. She insinuates that she was reluctant to write her two hatchet jobs on the late Princess of Wales, and only did so because Diana nagged and badgered her to write a book about her the couple of times they met during Diana's lifetime. Oh, and it was just a coincidence that Lady Colin was hard up for cash. Of course.

ETA: If she dares dredge up that idiotic theory about Meghan faking her pregnancy, I hope she gets sued all the way back to the Bahamas.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-27-2020, 07:37 PM
Gentry

I started reading her book on the Queen Mother without knowing the author. I stopped from the truly unpleasant feeling I was getting. I later also realized at least one of the arguments she was making was factually incorrect, and that the rest could probably be picked apart fairly easily.

She is a skilled opportunist, and one who meshes fact, half-truth, speculation, and lie very easily, imho.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I started reading her book on the Queen Mother without knowing the author. I stopped from the truly unpleasant feeling I was getting. I later also realized at least one of the arguments she was making was factually incorrect, and that the rest could probably be picked apart fairly easily.

She is a skilled opportunist, and one who meshes fact, half-truth, speculation, and lie very easily, imho.
That is why when the book was announced I asked if anyone had read her book on the Queen Mother? Because if one is going to believe what she writes about Harry and Meghan then one must believe the same about the Queen Mother.