Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sun Lion - relying on disgruntled relatives who have not contacted Meghan in twenty years as source material is dumb enough, but having them in your house during a pandemic is ridiculous.

After reading just one book by Lady Colin Campbell, I've come to the opinion that there will be no "real" story in anything she writes. One of the last words I'd use for this author is "credible".

So I'll definitely be giving this book no thought whatsoever. :D

Interesting tidbit about the author. She uses the title "Lady" as she *was* married to Lord Colin Campbell of Scotland in 1974. They divorced in 1975. This tells me she's trading on the title. ;)

Last edited:
I agree, Osipi. Lady Colin was married for a few months only before separating from her husband. She trades in a great deal of unfounded gossip in her books and if she is relying on information about Meghan from the Dooley brothers it's going to be rather bizarre, as neither has seen her since their early teen years. Plus, it's doubtful that Thomas or Samantha Markle have visited the UK to stay with Lady Colin without news outlets knowing about it.

I'll be interested to see what Lady Colin Campbell has to say.

I recently read her book "The Queen's Marriage" and saw what a good writer she is. (I read a few other books around the same time, and not every published author has a good way with words.)

Diana thought well enough of her to do 35 interviews with her before having to turn to Andrew Morton when Lady Colin wouldn't co-operated with Diana's victim perspective.

(And Lady Colin was then run down for saying Diana had an affair with James Hewitt and suffered from bulima etc. All things that were later released by Diana herself via the Panorama interview and the Morton tapes and book.)

With Omid Scobie's book in one corner, Lady Colin Campbell's in another, and the gossip from the servants and staff in Tom Quinn's book, the lid is being well and truely lifted off the Duke and Duchess across the spectrum.

I hope the situation between the Cambridges and the Sussexes is covered is detail.

I have an interest in all three books.

Last edited:
And now the columnist, Sebastian Shakespeare, who revealed the news of the new Lady Colin Campbell book has written that the Duchess kept a diary during her UK years.

Maybe there will be still another book at some point.

The more I think about it, With Campbell stating in the title that its the *real* story, it reminds me of spam mail I get quite often (I don't open them but do get to see the first couple of words in the text of the email) that states: "This is from a *trusted* sender.

Just saying *real* or *trusted* doesn't make it believable and, IMO, if it was the *real* story or even a *trusted* sender, they wouldn't have to point it out in big bold letters. :D

Another question to ask ourselves is "do we really believe that Meghan would turn over her personal journal to anyone for a book?" It sounds highly unlikely to me that she would consider doing that even for a nanosecond.

Common sense and logic.

Last edited:
A diary? Gasp. She truly is the first person of her kind to ever keep a diary.

This is getting silly.

"Lady" Colin Campbell is not synonymous with in depth journalism and/or historical search.
She's just an opportunist, and a bad one with that.

"Lady" Colin Campbell is not synonymous with in depth journalism and/or historical search.

Neither is omid scobie..i can't remember the last time he wrote a book about the royals before meghan.

And now the columnist, Sebastian Shakespeare, who revealed the news of the new Lady Colin Campbell book has written that the Duchess kept a diary during her UK years.

Maybe there will be still another book at some point.

"her UK years"? it was only 19 months...

I agree, she did write
The Queen Mother, the untold story. I seriously doubt many believe what is written there.

The cover of this new book by Lady Colin Campbell - due for release on June 25th.

I'll be interested in Lady Colin's perspective of how "Californian culture has influenced the couple's conduct".

https://www.amazon.com.au/Meghan-Ha...ments=p_27:Lady+Colin+Campbell&s=books&sr=1-1

For those interested in seeing Lady Colin talking about this new book ...

... she has posted a video of an interview on her Twitter account where she discusses it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new video, with a bit of discussion about this new book, is now out.

Lady Colin says her book has already been translated into other languages, and that the American release will be a few weeks after the UK.

She also covers something she said in her previous video that she has now been contacted by Omid Scobie about, and discusses that.

See Lady Colin Campbell’s social media if you’re interested.

I'm confused - is this the book Meghan and Harry supposedly cooperated on or are there two books coming out.

The fact that some excerpts are being leaked and she all but is claiming that Meghan faked her pregnancy tells me all I need to know about this book.

Yeah. Lady Colin is a piece of work. She insinuates that she was reluctant to write her two hatchet jobs on the late Princess of Wales, and only did so because Diana nagged and badgered her to write a book about her the couple of times they met during Diana's lifetime.:whistling: Oh, and it was just a coincidence that Lady Colin was hard up for cash. Of course.

ETA: If she dares dredge up that idiotic theory about Meghan faking her pregnancy, I hope she gets sued all the way back to the Bahamas.

Last edited:
I started reading her book on the Queen Mother without knowing the author. I stopped from the truly unpleasant feeling I was getting. I later also realized at least one of the arguments she was making was factually incorrect, and that the rest could probably be picked apart fairly easily.

She is a skilled opportunist, and one who meshes fact, half-truth, speculation, and lie very easily, imho.

I started reading her book on the Queen Mother without knowing the author. I stopped from the truly unpleasant feeling I was getting. I later also realized at least one of the arguments she was making was factually incorrect, and that the rest could probably be picked apart fairly easily.

She is a skilled opportunist, and one who meshes fact, half-truth, speculation, and lie very easily, imho.
That is why when the book was announced I asked if anyone had read her book on the Queen Mother? Because if one is going to believe what she writes about Harry and Meghan then one must believe the same about the Queen Mother.

:previous: Campbell always strikes me as a rather strange sad person...on the fringes of of Royal and aristocratic life with her face pressed to the window and dying be truly let in.
There are some frankly murky rumors about her origins and upbringing. In the two Diana books she seemed almost aggressive about emphasizing her links to the aristocracy by frequently name dropping her former mother-in-law Margaret Duchess of Argyl. She was briefly married to one of the Argyll sons apparently.

Last edited:
Her story is easily found just doing a search for Lady Colin Campbell. Through something happening with the way her body was at birth, it was actually these facts being made public that caused a scandal and seems to be the reason behind the very short marriage to Lord Colin Campbell back then.

What makes me dubious about this woman and her books is that she feels she needs to use her ex husband's name, Colin, to garner attention rather than write under her own name. Its as if she's screaming to the world she belongs somewhere that, in actuality, is a far cry from the reality.

The book is slated to come out in July in Amazon. I wonder if the publisher is worried about sales. It's coming out during the height of the Black Lives Matter movement. Protests and statue topplings and removals are happening in the US and the UK and beyond. It could be perceived as a hit piece on a WOC. Businesses in the US are changing their policies and packaging of products in response.

:previous: They need not worry.

The radical activists who are busy toppling statues, probably wouldn't buy the book anyway.
And despite the scale of some of the BLM demonstrations they still constitute a minority - and being a demonstrator doesn't prevent you from reading books in your spare time. ;)

Her story is easily found just doing a search for Lady Colin Campbell. Through something happening with the way her body was at birth, it was actually these facts being made public that caused a scandal and seems to be the reason behind the very short marriage to Lord Colin Campbell back then.

What makes me dubious about this woman and her books is that she feels she needs to use her ex husband's name, Colin, to garner attention rather than write under her own name. Its as if she's screaming to the world she belongs somewhere that, in actuality, is a far cry from the reality.

She may have started writing as Lady Colin Campbell.. and so goes on using that name. She is clealrly someone who thinks a lot of titles and aristocracy so its hardly surprising that she would wnat to use the title even if her marriage is long since over...

For years the Mail Online would quote Lady Colin Campbell in articles about Diana and they would call her "Prince Charles' cousin Lady Colin Campbell". Until recently I thought she was a cousin of the queen's or something. Was she ever close to the royal family at all?

Lady Colin used to pretend that she was Diana's confidante but she was not. She is not related to or close to any members of the BRF as far as I know, and is certainly no relation to Charles or to the Queen. Lady C's father was a store owner in Jamaica.

For years the Mail Online would quote Lady Colin Campbell in articles about Diana and they would call her "Prince Charles' cousin Lady Colin Campbell". Until recently I thought she was a cousin of the queen's or something. Was she ever close to the royal family at all?

MailOnline was launched in 2003, and whilst there have been articles about Diana since it’s formation I don’t recall ever seeing Lady Colin Campbell quoted in anything. She wasn’t known to the general public until her appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

She married the younger son of The Duke of Argyll in 1974 and divorced him 9 months later but as you can continues to use his title.

It’s quite clear she likes the idea of royalty, she bought a castle for her and her two adopted sons in Surrey in 2013. But no she’s never been close to the royal family in anyway, she’s certainly not Charles’ cousin even by marriage.

MailOnline was launched in 2003, and whilst there have been articles about Diana since it’s formation I don’t recall ever seeing Lady Colin Campbell quoted in anything. She wasn’t known to the general public until her appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

She married the younger son of The Duke of Argyll in 1974 and divorced him 9 months later but as you can continues to use his title.

It’s quite clear she likes the idea of royalty, she bought a castle for her and her two adopted sons in Surrey in 2013. But no she’s never been close to the royal family in anyway, she’s certainly not Charles’ cousin even by marriage.

This is rather sad - she comes across of knowledgeable and in the know - which is not good as the interviewers do not say that she is not at all what she is appearing to be, completely giving the wrong impression. I thought she was at least in the aristocracy - now it appears as nothing but name dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom