Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way the queen went to them, if she was sorting it out they would be sent for. Or one of the private secretaries would be sent to sort it out.
The Queen does not go to them They come to her.

Even if we forget that she’s the Queen and just think of her as their grandmother- why would she do this? They have a living father and William and Harry’s squabbles are his problem not hers

They're releasing too many books about this couple for as little of time as they have been together and the short time they were working members of the royal family. I can't believe that many people want to read four books about them. I love the royals and I don't want to read four books about them.

I agree with that they've only been married not to long and now, 4 books were written about them, even though they' haven't been given the time or years to be working in there charity for, 4 books to be justified. Which is why I do believe that those who do read the 4 books either are great fans of M&H and really truly love them enough that buying this book would to me, enable them to know more about M&H and defend them if needs be.

Or, like another poster said here, is that, talking about M&H are hot topics in which a lot of money can still be made and so, 4 books or perhaps 10 would still garner enough people to purchase these books.

For duchessrachel -

The Queen tried to "lower the temperature" after her husband's attempts at discussions with Prince Harry about his new relationship didn't go well.

From this book -

"Harry did not even let her finish what she was saying. He cut her off mid-sentence with the imprecation that he was "going to marry her and if you don't like it, you'll just have to suck it up"

The Queen had never heard the expression before ..."I didnt need any explanation as to what it meant. As soon as I heard it, I knew"."

The matter didn't end there though, as he then told both grandparents that they would be accused of racism.

The thing is duchessrachael, the Royals knew what a plus for them Meghan's bi-racial status was.

Showing the Crown in a good light, being inclusive, the majority of people in the Commonwealth not being white etc.

But the Royals and courtiers understood this wasn't something most people would grasp.

They knew most people would just believe that slur without any deep thinking or insight.

I am not always sure where I've read something as I'm open to reading any and everything about "Megxit".

There is a lot I would enjoy discussing, such as that Australian television thing of a couple of weeks ago about the courtier inviting themselves to stay overnight and the "arm-twisting" involved in a certain video put out on the internet, but best to let sleeping dogs lie/not stir any pots etc.

I know this particular book has upset some people, so I don't want to share anymore about it actually - though personally, I think the "Finding Freedom" book has been far more damaging to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Last edited:
I think I was the first to comment in this thread on the whole book which I had just read, having borrowed from friends. What I wrote at the time about Harry supposedly saying that to his grandmother is below. And the thing about Prince Philip's supposed remark first appeared in a tabloid weeks before.

My verdict on this biography . What you might expect from Lady Colin judging by her past writings. A scattering of unnamed sources, 'a Prince', 'a cousin of the royals', 'a courtier' etc, along with what appears to be an all encompassing trawl of tabloid articles, social media outlets including Tumblr, and the opinion of the author, almost invariably unflattering to both Meghan and Harry.

A sample. She states that Harry in asking formal permission to marry, told his grandmother the Queen that he intended to marry Meghan 'And if you don't like it you'll just have to suck it up'. Yes, that sounds exactly like how Harry would speak to the grandmother he reveres and respects!

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry informed his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Apparently that threat worked !! as a few pages later Lady C states that 'the Queen and Prince Charles were particularly delighted with her virtues, not the least of which was her colour'. Source, same unnamed Prince. (It is one of Lady C's claims, long asserted on social media sites, that the BRF 'wished to appear diverse' and that is mainly why the Sussex marriage was allowed.)

Everything that could have been said about this book has been said multiple times.

This thread will now remain closed.

Please contact me by personal message if there is new information or other things about this book that needs to be posted in this thread so the thread can be re-opened for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom