The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 06-26-2020, 09:30 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,811
Hopefully the tabloid Press, (which has leaped on the Tumblr owner Murky Meg an anti-Meghanite who gave out that theory and has constantly shown that video of the Sussexes leaving) will now quote Angela Leven who was actually there. At least I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath!
__________________

  #102  
Old 06-26-2020, 10:03 PM
kathl29's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 514
I am the first to admit that I am not a huge Harry and Megan fan but even logic says to me that there is no way that Megan would be intentionally rude at her first appearance after her wedding.

As it was known they werenít going straight on honeymoon I presume the plan was for a quick appearance as a bit of a thank you and to make the most of their huge popularity and then allow them to get back to enjoy being by themselves like every other newlyweds.

Lady Colin Campbell does get some things right eg Dianaís affair and eating disorder struggles although it took a number of years before these were proven right so somewhere she has some information coming from someone in the know however she does appear to hide the nuggets of gold in lots of gossip and innuendo which dilutes her reliability and our ability to be able to take her seriously.
__________________

__________________
Above all, be the heroine of your life ... (Nora Ephron)
  #103  
Old 06-26-2020, 11:18 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
She is nooooo fan of Meghan either.

https://twitter.com/angelalevin1/sta...447307264?s=21

ďI was at the Palace Party just after Harry and Meghan's wedding. Was told that H wd only stay for a short time, just to show how grateful he was to his father, but didn't want to take the limelight away from Charles' first of many birthday parties. They weren't pushed out.Ē
That makes sense. I just never bought the idea that they were kicked out or that they were so bored they wanted to leave. Charles had just walked Meghan down the aisle and made her mother feel at home- and aside from that, she encouraged Harry to grow closer to his father.
  #104  
Old 06-26-2020, 11:49 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I fear that whatever his explanation for his title is it can only be false. He is not a prince and not an HSH - a family of that rank and prefix would be known in the genealogy databases. In all these years on TRF we have seen many of these fake princes, 'rightful kings' , relatives of [insert royal] coming by and this guy has the same red flags. Starting with a preposterous over-use of his 'title' in a situation that few if any nobles would use it.

The only traces of the family online are dodgy & mostly seem to trace back to 'prince' Leo. And then there is this family tree:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...then-Thurn.jpg

Marriages with the Liechtenstein and the Teck families, which are not mentioned in the genealogy of these families. It is also unlikely that for three generations an HSH family can only refer to the wife of a head of the family as 'mother of duke' without any details. Just in this image alone you can see over 20 reasons why this can only be a work of fantasy. Elaborating on this wikipedia page and embellishing & extending it to reach a desired line to 'Prince Leo' and upgrading the 'titles' of the family to duke and prince.

Using false names, titles or prefixes and trying to create an online trail of a non-existent dynasty is not normal behavior. The best case scenario is that it is a joke between 'prince' Leo and the author of the dreadful book that is the topic of this thread. Fun for them perhaps but it shows that the only right place for this book is the garbage bin.



Indeed. He is free to call himself Donald Duck for all I care but it doesn't mean that he is him. The same goes for this title.

Thanks for this Marengo.

I’ve just been reading some of the almost two thousand comments on the you-tube of this latest chat video and most people haven’t registered any prince claim so I don’t think that is influencing the marketing. Some even think he is Theo and not Leo, so their popularity isn’t based on that.

Over sixty thousand views of this video alone so far.

Majority of comments are just about sharing the joy that people are getting from these videos chats.

And now comments are coming through that people are being told the current supply has sold out - Amazon and some shops. (Hard copy, not kindle.) More will be delivered no doubt.

I have also been on some anti-Meghan sites and it seems this book has been a bit of a let-down. Lady Colin didn’t actually produce the “barn-burner” they were hoping for.

Now people are able to actually read it, Lady Colin is being criticised for being too generous and balanced towards the Duke and Duchess, and for giving praise to the couple where she saw fit.

Hope to get my hands on a copy soon and see for myself.
  #105  
Old 06-27-2020, 01:33 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,811
Of course the anti-Meghan sites are disappointed. They were hoping Lady C would confirm all the extreme and outrageous rubbishy theories that have sprung up on the internet over the last three years, about Meghan's past, her mother Doria's past, surrogacy, the TWO previous marriages etc etc. Things in fact that the publishers could be sued for libel for.

Nevertheless, Lady Colin has trawled social media for copy, I recognised the imputations repeated in her book on several things I'm not going to repeat on this forum. And I didn't exactly see too much glowing praise for either of the Sussexes on the pages of this biography.
  #106  
Old 06-27-2020, 02:23 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,770
Sounds like Campbell's book is rehashing previously reported stories and putting her spin on it. Apparently she alleges in the book Meghan didn't curtsey to the queen at the wedding and chalked it up to nerves. Meghan did curtsey; the BBC apologized for the bad camera angle in church. Campbell's press tour basically bamboozled people into believing she had new material. I was trying to look for reviews on this and I'm curious about sales. That will tell how will tell how successful it is.
  #107  
Old 06-27-2020, 04:18 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
That makes sense. I just never bought the idea that they were kicked out or that they were so bored they wanted to leave. Charles had just walked Meghan down the aisle and made her mother feel at home- and aside from that, she encouraged Harry to grow closer to his father.
She's encouraged him now to move away form his father...
  #108  
Old 06-27-2020, 04:42 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She's encouraged him now to move away form his father...

Has she specifically? Because thatís not the answer Henry has.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #109  
Old 06-27-2020, 04:47 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Has she specifically? Because thatís not the answer Henry has.
I think that Meghan had a lot to do with the move to Canada and America, yes.
  #110  
Old 06-27-2020, 04:54 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,203


I would certainly hope so. It wouldn't be very healthy if such a big decision is made by one partner on his/her own.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #111  
Old 06-27-2020, 05:14 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,948
My main ďconcernĒ has been the relationship between Harry and Charles. I read that they are close, so while of course I wish Harry hadnít left (for a million different reasons), ultimately Iím just happy that father and son are ďgoodĒ.

Denville,

Quote:
She's encouraged him now to move away form his father...
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Iím no fan of Mís now, but Iím going to give her credit where it is due. By all accounts, she encouraged Harry to appreciate his father more. As to moving away, I seriously doubt that she wanted to do so strictly to get away from Charles - who sheíd had a very good relationship- and to get Harry away from him. Itís a lot more complicated than that.
  #112  
Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
My main ďconcernĒ has been the relationship between Harry and Charles. I read that they are close, so while of course I wish Harry hadnít left (for a million different reasons), ultimately Iím just happy that father and son are ďgoodĒ.

Denville,



That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Iím no fan of Mís now, but Iím going to give her credit where it is due. By all accounts, she encouraged Harry to appreciate his father more. As to moving away, I seriously doubt that she wanted to do so strictly to get away from Charles - who sheíd had a very good relationship- and to get Harry away from him. Itís a lot more complicated than that.
I dont know of any evidence that "father and son are good." I am sure Charles is not happy at Harry's desire to get away form the UK and the royal role which has been a major part of Charles' own life... If he feels that Harry did it because he was stressed and unhappy, I think he's bound to be worrying about his son and there may well still be tension between them because of H's disappearance. He must be concerned by the move to Canada, the giving up of the Royal role, and now a sudden move to the USA.
As for MEghan, I don't think that Charles had all that much time to get to know her very well, so I m not sure how good a relationship she has with him.. And if he was fond of her at first, Im sure he either DOES understand her reasons for going but htat would mean he is probably worrying about her and H making a new life so far away.. OR he is wondering why she and H chose to leave.
  #113  
Old 06-27-2020, 06:28 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,811
If Charles was that distraught and worried about the developing situation perhaps he should have devoted a couple of afternoons to his son and daughter in law in mid 2019 and he and they could have thrashed it out.

Instead we got widespread reports of Harry trying again and again through the summer of 2019 to try and speak to his father and grandmother personally only to be stonewalled by their lackeys, PS's and other officials.

I'm sure Charles fully knows now why they left as he would have been told by Harry at the summit at Sandringham, but it is surelya bit late in the day to be sitting wondering about it all now when you didn't bother to find out before.
  #114  
Old 06-27-2020, 06:39 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If Charles was that distraught and worried about the developing situation perhaps he should have devoted a couple of afternoons to his son and daughter in law in mid 2019 and he and they could have thrashed it out.

Instead we got widespread reports of Harry trying again and again through the summer of 2019 to try and speak to his father and grandmother personally only to be stonewalled by their lackeys, PS's and other officials.

I'm sure Charles fully knows now why they left as he would have been told by Harry at the summit at Sandringham, but it is surelya bit late in the day to be sitting wondering about it all now when you didn't bother to find out before.
I thought that discussions had been going on but that H and Meg put out their story, before they were finished. And my point was that I dont think that C and Harry are likely to be having a close relationship at present. Charles is probably worrying about his son, and also bothered by the fact that hsi son and daughter in law have left their royal role.
  #115  
Old 06-27-2020, 07:31 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,793
Just musing here but its possible that Charles had immense flashbacks to the relationship he had with his own father and how his father had definite ideas of the man that Charles should grow up to be and how he felt pressured at various times in his life to "conform" to his father's ideas. This alone would prevent him from trying to push his own views on his son. I actually believe that Charles is far more understanding of what his son and wife are going through than we think. He must have been disappointed that the "& Sons" part of the "Firm" shrunk but knows well the feeling of wanting to go one's own way and do things one's own way to be happy in life. Charles had many times in his life where he buckled to conform and adapt his life for "duty" and expectations and things didn't go well at all.

For some reason, its always been that the public loves a good scandal and want to read about and hear about the troubles and woes and feuds and scandals of people they'll never really know except through a middleman. Its an age old thing. Even goes back to George IV and Caroline (which according to a documentary I've just watched) who had their private lives laid bare for popular opinion to chew on. I bet if all royals were required to wear a body cam 24/7 and *everything* was available for us to see in real time, it'd actually be quite boring and not as sensational as articles and books make them out to be.

Trying to keep a private life private is what gives fuel to books like this one by Lady CC. We have no clue if she's inventing things, exaggerating things or playing armchair psychologist with other people's lives that she "claims" she knows. After reading all the crapola that's been around since we first heard the name Meghan Markle attached to Harry, there isn't one among us here that reasonably couldn't produce the very same book as this one being discussed. We all have the ability too to take certain fact and come up with a scenario of invention.

As far as lip reading goes for the garden party in question, I lip read and I can attest that lip reading alone without some kind of sound behind it is not an exact science. Its a tool that aids in communication. Don't take lip reader's versions as gospel. They may be (just as I tend to be at times) wrong.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #116  
Old 06-27-2020, 09:18 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think that Meghan had a lot to do with the move to Canada and America, yes.


I agree, I think it was a joint decision. But to specifically state, as fact, that she encouraged him to do so is incorrect unless you know the couple personally.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #117  
Old 06-27-2020, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: L'angolo, Vatican City
Posts: 247
It's been on the TV and there is a lot of publicity so in that sense it is already a success.
  #118  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I dont know of any evidence that "father and son are good." I am sure Charles is not happy at Harry's desire to get away form the UK and the royal role which has been a major part of Charles' own life... If he feels that Harry did it because he was stressed and unhappy, I think he's bound to be worrying about his son and there may well still be tension between them because of H's disappearance. He must be concerned by the move to Canada, the giving up of the Royal role, and now a sudden move to the USA.
As for MEghan, I don't think that Charles had all that much time to get to know her very well, so I m not sure how good a relationship she has with him.. And if he was fond of her at first, Im sure he either DOES understand her reasons for going but htat would mean he is probably worrying about her and H making a new life so far away.. OR he is wondering why she and H chose to leave.
I think if I said their relationship was bad, youíd say it was good. Everytime I make a comment, you disagree with it.
  #119  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If Charles was that distraught and worried about the developing situation perhaps he should have devoted a couple of afternoons to his son and daughter in law in mid 2019 and he and they could have thrashed it out.

Instead we got widespread reports of Harry trying again and again through the summer of 2019 to try and speak to his father and grandmother personally only to be stonewalled by their lackeys, PS's and other officials.

I'm sure Charles fully knows now why they left as he would have been told by Harry at the summit at Sandringham, but it is surelya bit late in the day to be sitting wondering about it all now when you didn't bother to find out before.
So you’re blaming Charles for all of this? It’s funny that now you believe reports, but if I or anyone else uses reports to back up our opinions, you say that we have no proof.

We also got reports of Charles asking Harry to be patient, to wait until a plan had been crafted before doing anything, but no, Harry and Meghan couldn’t wait, they had to do things on their terms.

Osipi, from all reports, Charles allowed his sons independence and room to be who they wanted to be...for the very reason you stated, that his own father, though well-intentioned, didn’t allow him that freedom.
  #120  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:14 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I agree, I think it was a joint decision. But to specifically state, as fact, that she encouraged him to do so is incorrect unless you know the couple personally.
Agreed. People want to lay it all on Meghan because thatís easier to accept than the more likely reality Harry that just wanted out. Not like he hadnít said as much himself long before Meghan was ever in his life.

Personally I think HMQ and Charles were both supportive of the Sussexes wanting to do their own thing. How it all went down was less than ideal on all sides, but itís done now. No one will ever know the true details but it appears everyone has moved on and just adjusting to the new realities.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story" ('18) / "Becoming Royal" ('19)- Lifetime Movie ACO The Electronic Domain 359 09-08-2020 12:27 PM
Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family Sun Lion Royal Library 2225 09-02-2020 08:36 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry background story baptism biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace countess of snowdon daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style games general news thread george vi hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting intro italian royal family jacobite japan jewellery kids movie książ castle list of rulers luxembourg maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess of orange princess ribha queen louise random facts resusci anne royal ancestry royal balls royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon spain speech suthida taiwan united states of america videos wedding gown wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×