The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

No one was encouraged to leave. Where did it even come from? These weird conspiracies are fascinating.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh this book it a hoot and typical Lady C! Its full of factual errors which makes it even more funny IMO. I think Lady C does have some good sources so I take about 5% of what I read as new facts, 70% is just common knowledge and 25% is untrue/false.

Some facts that are wrong IMO from the book which a friend of mine "acquired" without having to pay for it:

-the curtsey, when looking at the original broadcast it was hard to see H&M bow/curtsey but if I recall correctly at the time footage from other angles proved they did bow/curtsey

-when talking about Trevor's role as Exec Producer for the 2006 film "Zoom" she says lead actor Tim Allen was nominated for a "Razzle Award for Best Actor", in fact he was nominated for a Razzie. Of course this could just be a typo or a mistake which doesn't change much but the point is it shows a lack of checking / fact checking possibly.

-she talks about Eugenie's tiara as once belonging to Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia, even though its widely reported it was made by Boucheron sometimes around 1919

Things which if true are revealing:

-the garden party and Meghan saying she wanted to leave after 20mins

-Meghan e-mailing a dog rescue centre when somebody else wanted a dog she liked using the "Suits" card to say she would be a better owner

-Meghan getting all upset when a plumber working in her house recognised her and jokingly asked for a selfie.

-Meghan using her first blog to bemoan a car service driver who dared to write her full name on the sign at the airport rather than her initial and surname, who dared to try and show her pictures on his phone while they waited for her luggage and who delivered her to the wrong address (even though it was almost certainly to the address given to the driver so wasn't his fault).My issue with this is no matter how bad the driver was(and these issues seem pretty petty to me personally) using a public blog to bitch about a low paid service worker is pretty low IMO.

I'm only on chapter 4!

Old 06-25-2020, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Only chapter 4?

I can't wait for the revelations to emerge in the next chapters.
In fact I will take the dog for a patrol of the lampposts in order to calm myself down.

Seriously. Is anyone from the dog-rescue center quoted or has that episode been mentioned by a credible source?

Did the plumber come out with that anecdote? Or is there another verifiable source?

I presume that if she wrote about the driver on her blog, that is a fact. Also in the description as to what happened. - Whether she had too high an opinion of herself and was too petty or whether the driver behaved in a manner that was unprofessional and too familiar is for another thread to discuss - but finally it's something we can use IMO.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Oh this book it a hoot and typical Lady C! Its full of factual errors which makes it even more funny IMO. I think Lady C does have some good sources so I take about 5% of what I read as new facts, 70% is just common knowledge and 25% is untrue/false.

Some facts that are wrong IMO from the book which a friend of mine "acquired" without having to pay for it:

-the curtsey, when looking at the original broadcast it was hard to see H&M bow/curtsey but if I recall correctly at the time footage from other angles proved they did bow/curtsey

-when talking about Trevor's role as Exec Producer for the 2006 film "Zoom" she says lead actor Tim Allen was nominated for a "Razzle Award for Best Actor", in fact he was nominated for a Razzie. Of course this could just be a typo or a mistake which doesn't change much but the point is it shows a lack of checking / fact checking possibly.

-she talks about Eugenie's tiara as once belonging to Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia, even though its widely reported it was made by Boucheron sometimes around 1919

Things which if true are revealing:

-the garden party and Meghan saying she wanted to leave after 20mins

-Meghan e-mailing a dog rescue centre when somebody else wanted a dog she liked using the "Suits" card to say she would be a better owner

-Meghan getting all upset when a plumber working in her house recognised her and jokingly asked for a selfie.

-Meghan using her first blog to bemoan a car service driver who dared to write her full name on the sign at the airport rather than her initial and surname, who dared to try and show her pictures on his phone while they waited for her luggage and who delivered her to the wrong address (even though it was almost certainly to the address given to the driver so wasn't his fault).My issue with this is no matter how bad the driver was(and these issues seem pretty petty to me personally) using a public blog to bitch about a low paid service worker is pretty low IMO.

I'm only on chapter 4!

Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if any if this was true about Meghan, though I do think more proof is needed given that the source isn’t considered reliable.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

These sound like such minor petty incidents, like a young girl gossiping to her old friend on the day about these petty scenarios. Maybe the source of these trivialities is from an old friend of Meghans who knew her well at the time.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
These sound like such minor petty incidents, like a young girl gossiping to her old friend on the day about these petty scenarios. Maybe the source of these trivialities is from an old friend of Meghans who knew her well at the time.
Who cares if these incident are minor or even not true. As long as her book sells, I’m sure she’ll have more “juice” for the sequel
Old 06-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Majesty

Yes, Eugenie's wedding tiara that Lady C asserts was worn by Grand Duchess Xenia is the Greville Kokoshnik created in 1919, that came into the Queen Mother's keeping by inheritance in the 1930s.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/th...ghout-history/

Several of these so-called incidents that Tommy quoted are from an anonymous blog titled 'Diary of a Working actress' or something like that, which talked about the troubles of a young actress trying to make it in show business, in the form of a diary.

Anti Meghan sources on social media leaped on this 'diary' when it suddenly, by coincidence no doubt, appeared on the internet before the engagement to Harry and they decided the diary/blog was written by Meghan.

I doubt that Lady Colin was eagerly searching for this anonymous diary in 2017, nor trawling anti-Meghan sites on Tumblr/Twitter etc, at that time. However, I can well believe that she did so later, as I read the Tig and took a look at anti Meghan comments on the above sources from the time it became known that Harry was dating Meghan, and I recognised many supposed anecdotes and incidents she puts as facts in her book as directly coming from social media 2017-2020.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

DM just "debunked" the Garden party story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...al-family.html

I think it's the beginning of how books are going to be fact checked as it were in under 24 hrs.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

If my memory serves correctly the story that they were told to go came from a lip reader on the exact same video so which is correct - the one saying it was fine or the one who says they were told to go?

Until Charles or Harry tell us their version of events we still don't know.

Lip readers aren't that reliable when used by the media as different ones say different things - especially with the royals.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Oh, believe me, conspiracy theorists on anti-Meghan sites on Tumblr and Twitter wouldn't believe any statement by anyone, even the Queen, unless it made Meghan and/or Harry look bad.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

The latest of lovely Prince Leo von Breithen Thurn and Lady Colin Campbell's Coronavirus lockdown chats, covering the launch of her book, now that it has been released in most markets.

After the 28th of July - the release date for the US - they will be answering questions sent to them about it. You are invited to send queries to them.

Am amazed at how quickly Lady Colin can move when needed. (The cranberry sauce, left in the sun in the family kitchen, explodes mid-chat. Yes, an "explosvie" video indeed!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Iyl6_quW314
Old 06-26-2020, 04:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I’m sure any “faux pas” 4 days after the wedding would have been attributed to Meghan still learning the ropes and not as an insult to Charles or anyone else
Possibly..but if she was saying she was bored loudly and wanting to go, possibly Charles might say "Go on then".
Old 06-26-2020, 05:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The latest of lovely Prince Leo von Breithen Thurn and Lady Colin Campbell's Coronavirus lockdown chats,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Iyl6_quW314
Is that a real title? I have never heard of it before. Surely if it would be a princely title it would feature somewhere in the genealogy databases. A fake Lady Campbell being interviewed by a fake prince, perhaps that is all we need to know about the credibility of this interview and of this book.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:00 AM
Majesty

There's a little piece on this young man in this Facebook page Fake Titles and Orders, along with the information that this family died out in the male line in the 19th century.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/fake.orders/posts/

(If you don't want to log in to this site just scroll down and you will be able to read (just) the info posted under the huge cross there.)
Old 06-26-2020, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Possibly..but if she was saying she was bored loudly and wanting to go, possibly Charles might say "Go on then".

But...there is no reason at all to think she did say it. There's nothing in her background to indicate this might even be what she said. Her first engagement after marrying, with her inlaws....she's not a bored socialite who just happened to marry into the BRF. All evidence points to her strong work ethic and intelligence ...and you'd have to be stupid to behave that way to being with.

LaRae
Old 06-26-2020, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Is that a real title? I have never heard of it before. Surely if it would be a princely title it would feature somewhere in the genealogy databases. A fake Lady Campbell being interviewed by a fake prince, perhaps that is all we need to know about the credibility of this interview and of this book.

One of Leo and Lady Colin’s chats, on her social media, has quite a long explanation of his title and heritage Marengo.

Also, another of their videos explains Lady Colin’s use of her title, following such a brief marriage.

They have been doing at least one, sometimes two, videos a week during lockdown. Some chats are very long, an hour and a half. Covering many topics, not just the Sussexes.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

This "rumor" kicked off with Meghan haters who spread it. There was no professional lip reader who stated it. It was the tumblr crew who did. I was actually surprised the Mail who notoriously loathes Meghan actually got a lip reader to "debunk it" whether people believe it or not.

This video clip has been online for 2 years. You can see Charles and Camilla say their goodbyes to the Sussexes as both couples left. This was Meghan's very first engagement as a royal. I mean... come on. All eyes were on her and you think she was openly stating she was bored and being blatantly disrespectful to her hosts?

I know people dislike Meghan but lets use a little common sense here.

Lady C's book is silly gossip but I think most know it. That is the nature of the beast.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:12 AM
Majesty

If this man was entitled to be a Prince then his name would appear in the Almanach de Gotha or at the least on one of the genealogy bases available online. Anyone can say they're a Prince and then make up an explanation for adopting such a styling.

And if Lady Colin had insisted on writing under her maiden name as she has stated she wanted to then the publishers would have had to accede to her wishes. She was and is legally entitled to write under her married name of course but IMO has chosen to do so to add to the aristocratic persona she has assumed for the last twenty five years or so.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
One of Leo and Lady Colin’s chats, on her social media, has quite a long explanation of his title and heritage Marengo.
I fear that whatever his explanation for his title is it can only be false. He is not a prince and not an HSH - a family of that rank and prefix would be known in the genealogy databases. In all these years on TRF we have seen many of these fake princes, 'rightful kings' , relatives of [insert royal] coming by and this guy has the same red flags. Starting with a preposterous over-use of his 'title' in a situation that few if any nobles would use it.

The only traces of the family online are dodgy & mostly seem to trace back to 'prince' Leo. And then there is this family tree:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...then-Thurn.jpg

Marriages with the Liechtenstein and the Teck families, which are not mentioned in the genealogy of these families. It is also unlikely that for three generations an HSH family can only refer to the wife of a head of the family as 'mother of duke' without any details. Just in this image alone you can see over 20 reasons why this can only be a work of fantasy. Elaborating on this wikipedia page and embellishing & extending it to reach a desired line to 'Prince Leo' and upgrading the 'titles' of the family to duke and prince.

Using false names, titles or prefixes and trying to create an online trail of a non-existent dynasty is not normal behavior. The best case scenario is that it is a joke between 'prince' Leo and the author of the dreadful book that is the topic of this thread. Fun for them perhaps but it shows that the only right place for this book is the garbage bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong
If this man was entitled to be a Prince then his name would appear in the Almanach de Gotha or at the least on one of the genealogy bases available online. Anyone can say they're a Prince and then make up an explanation for adopting such a styling.
Indeed. He is free to call himself Donald Duck for all I care but it doesn't mean that he is him. The same goes for this title.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

She is nooooo fan of Meghan either.

https://twitter.com/angelalevin1/sta...447307264?s=21

“I was at the Palace Party just after Harry and Meghan's wedding. Was told that H wd only stay for a short time, just to show how grateful he was to his father, but didn't want to take the limelight away from Charles' first of many birthday parties. They weren't pushed out.”

Closed Thread