Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. People want to lay it all on Meghan because that’s easier to accept than the more likely reality Harry that just wanted out. Not like he hadn’t said as much himself long before Meghan was ever in his life.

Personally I think HMQ and Charles were both supportive of the Sussexes wanting to do their own thing. How it all went down was less than ideal on all sides, but it’s done now. No one will ever know the true details but it appears everyone has moved on and just adjusting to the new realities.

Thank you! Harry had mentioned wanting out well before Meghan. I hope that this will be helpful for the future. William with input from Charles and Catherine on when to have discussions about/with Charlotte and Louis. I think Harry, Meghan and family will all be fine in the end. Plans on hold for now, yes. Plans need to be modified, probably. But that holds true for most of the world.

I think if I said their relationship was bad, you’d say it was good. Everytime I make a comment, you disagree with it.

I dont think I would say it was good, because I believe its strained, if not exactly bad. I think that William has gotten over the years when his relationship with his father was strained... but Harry Im not so sure. I dont think that Charles can be very happy when his son has walked out of royal life both on a personal level and a "royal level". And from the littlte we've seen of Harry, in the past few months, such as at the Commonwealth service he looked unhappy and strained. Possibly due to having to meet Willam and Kate who also looked tense but possibly a general stress with meeting all of his family

I dont think I would say it was good, because I believe its strained, if not exactly bad. I think that William has gotten over the years when his relationship with his father was strained... but Harry Im not so sure. I dont think that Charles can be very happy when his son has walked out of royal life both on a personal level and a "royal level". And from the littlte we've seen of Harry, in the past few months, such as at the Commonwealth service he looked unhappy and strained. Possibly due to having to meet Willam and Kate who also looked tense but possibly a general stress with meeting all of his family

I'm sure Charles was not happy at all that Harry decided to leave - unhappy personally and disappointed "professionally".......but that doesn't mean he doesn't want his son to be happy or that they don't have a good relationship.

I'm not sure just how happy Harry is, period. Nothing went down the way he expected it to, his relationship with William is iffy at best, his father had the virus........

People are deliberately missing the mark when they talk about Harry "saying he wanted to leave" for years. Or, they may be newer to "Royal watching" and just repeating what they hear from people desperate to believe the spin being put on this.

Harry has made remarks about leaving the RF in the context of escaping a life of media scrutiny and living a simple life of anonymity. He has made these comments on or in reference to his extended excursions to rural Africa and his time in the Army. It's always been very plain what he was referring to. It has always, always been times in his life where his days centered around physical work, he was free to go about his life without the spotlight, and he assimilated into the community without regard for who he was.

This doesn't mean anything for what level of influence Harry had on the current decision, but please, let's put this "Harry wanted to leave for years" dribble to rest in the context of attempting to make it seem like Harry was ever referencing anything other than wanting the exact opposite of the situation he is in now.

No one knows what Harry truly meant because no one knows his mind. People will interpret his words as best they can. You see it one way, others another. Facts still remain this man left with his wife and son. He had a choice to stay and choose otherwise.

That would show more that this was closer to what he wanted than not. No one says they want out if deep down they didn't. He let that be on record for a reason.

I'm sure Charles was not happy at all that Harry decided to leave - unhappy personally and disappointed "professionally".......but that doesn't mean he doesn't want his son to be happy or that they don't have a good relationship.

I'm not sure just how happy Harry is, period. Nothing went down the way he expected it to, his relationship with William is iffy at best, his father had the virus........

Im sure Charles IS worried about Harry and I doubt if he can believe that this was the right step to take. I am sure that he feels it was very foolish of his son to leave but there was nothing he could do to stop him.. and if he cut off funding for H, it might only make things worse.. and that was the only sanction he could apply. But at present even if he is unhappy Harry can harldy say so to his father, can he? So there is bound to be tension between the 2 of them.. and I think there is tension between H and William as well. So its hard to see H's relationships with his family overall being very good at present.

life of media scrutiny and living a simple life of anonymity. He has made these comments on or in reference to his extended excursions to rural Africa and his time in the Army. It's always been very plain what he was referring to. It has always, always been times in his life where his days centered around physical work, he was free to go about his life without the spotlight, and he assimilated into the community without regard for who he was.

This doesn't mean anything for what level of influence Harry had on the current decision, but please, let's put this "Harry wanted to leave for years" dribble to rest in the context of attempting to make it seem like Harry was ever referencing anything other than wanting the exact opposite of the situation he is in now.
True.. I dont think he was all that serious about leaving.. but if he HAD really wanted to, as you say, it was in the context of an escape to Africa and to a quieter life where he could escape the media and do something with animals. but the life that he has now chosen isn't all that different to his old life. He is living in a big city. He is still even in Lockdown, getting noticed by photographers etc. His new life, if things become more normal - and he can undertake some kind of steady work...will involve publicity, being under the gaze of paparrazzi and work which isn't helping animals in a quiet rural setting.

Last edited:
Sounds like Campbell is doing a damage control book tour. She probably learned of her book getting trashed on social media for rehashing previously reported gossip and it will influence future book sales.

According to Lady Colin Campbell, Meghan Markle wants to be President of the United States.
The fact that he left the royal family may be part of the plan to reach the Presidency of the United States.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_inglesa/20200628170963/meghan-markle-presidenta-estados-unidos/

And there we have it! Guaranteed best seller for the tin foil hat brigade!!! What is coming out about this book and Lady CC is comic entertainment of the day for me here. ?

How wonderful - Amazon have Chapters 1 and 2 of the Kindle edition of Lady Colin Campbell's book available for anyone to read.

You don't need to log in or anything, just tap the "Look inside" note with the arrow, at the top of the photo of the book cover on the web page.

Great to be able to see this for myself, and be able to make up my own mind, if only based on the first two chapters. There are twelve chapters in the complete book.

And for those who enjoy criticism of this author, there are currently fifteen negative reader reviews to puruse. (And forty five positive reveiws.)

No doubt these numbers will increase as more actual readers of the work wish to express what they think of it.

No information yet about sales figures, but I personally think Lady Colin will trounce the other Sussex books currently available.

Still a while to wait to see if the Omid Scobie/Carolyn Durand book has any impact.

Here's the link for those interested -

https://www.amazon.com.au/Meghan-Harry-Lady-Colin-Campbell/dp/1643136747

Last edited:
Unfortunately gossip, even baseless gossip sells, especially among some readers who get their news from social media sites. I don't need to read any of that trashy book again having done it once. That was two hours of my life I won't get back again! I prefer biographies I read for pleasure to have some credibility.

How wonderful - Amazon have Chapters 1 and 2 of the Kindle edition of Lady Colin Campbell's book available for anyone to read.

You don't need to log in or anything, just tap the "Look inside" note with the arrow, at the top of the photo of the book cover on the web page.

Great to be able to see this for myself, and be able to make up my own mind, if only based on the first two chapters. There are twelve chapters in the complete book.

And for those who enjoy criticism of this author, there are currently fifteen negative reader reviews to puruse. (And forty five positive reveiws.)

No doubt these numbers will increase as more actual readers of the work wish to express what they think of it.

No information yet about sales figures, but I personally think Lady Colin will trounce the other Sussex books currently available.

Still a while to wait to see if the Omid Scobie/Carolyn Durand book has any impact.

Here's the link for those interested -

https://www.amazon.com.au/Meghan-Harry-Lady-Colin-Campbell/dp/1643136747

Are you the agent for Lady C you are fairly promoting her book. ?

Unfortunately gossip, even baseless gossip sells, especially among some readers who get their news from social media sites. I don't need to read any of that trashy book again having done it once. That was two hours of my life I won't get back again! I prefer biographies I read for pleasure to have some credibility.

You must have the patience of a saint. I could only muster about 1/3 of the "free sample" first chapter before I *knew* i was wasting my time. :D

The bottom line is that, to me, no matter who writes a book and claims to have the "inside scoop" of the have all and be all of Harry and Meghan's past three years, absolutely none of them are going to accurately define their motives, their intentions and their thoughts and reasoning behind what observers have personally seen, got a scoop from a third party (which could be anyone if not named) and inserting their own biases into how everything is presented.

I'm with you when it comes to biographies. There are some good ones out there. Some are even "authorized" as in the case of Shawcross' biography of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.

You must have the patience of a saint. I could only muster about 1/3 of the "free sample" first chapter before I *knew* i was wasting my time. :D

...You and me both, Osipi! Unreadable.

Vanity Fair has reviewed Lady Colin's book - and three of the other recent works that have their own threads here on TRFs.

"The Most Explosive Royal Tell-Alls of 2020".

Some of these other books may be more interesting than I first thought.

From Tom Quinn's book, where the servants have spilled -

"Queen Elizabeth once had to travel to KP to stop Harry, Meghan, Kate and William from bickering over things like the size and quality of their apartments".

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/06/the-most-explosive-royal-tell-alls-of-2020

Last edited:
What apartments? The Sussexes never had an apartment at KP, only Nott Cott. And the idea that the elderly Queen would be concerning herself with silly quarrels about non existent somethings is frankly comical.

Tom Quinn's book appears to be a mish mash of gossip from different eras about Diana, Princess Margaret and Meghan etc. He seems to have jumped on the anti Meghan bandwagon in an attempt to make his book more saleable. However it hasn't succeeded, as the reviews on Amazon for it are very negative.

Thanks for that Sun Lion. Curryong is quite right. You took the words right out of my mouth.
A lot of made up rubbish goes into print about the royals unfortunately. The Royal Household Property Section is a department that administers the apartments at Kensington and the Historic Royal Palaces department looks after the areas open to the public. (This is NOT funded by public money.)
The former department would tell HM what is available and what is earmarked for renovations or maintenance.
There was a lot of speculation in the press about which apartment Harry & Megan might get. But nothing was ever confirmed by the palace or Prince Charles's office. So it really is just speculation.
Frogmore Cottage was a ten bedroom place for staff. Like a staff quarters. And it needed a lot of renovation and upgrades.

Last edited:
What apartments? The Sussexes never had an apartment at KP, only Nott Cott. And the idea that the elderly Queen would be concerning herself with silly quarrels about non existent somethings is frankly comical.

Tom Quinn's book appears to be a mish mash of gossip from different eras about Diana, Princess Margaret and Meghan etc. He seems to have jumped on the anti Meghan bandwagon in an attempt to make his book more saleable. However it hasn't succeeded, as the reviews on Amazon for it are very negative.

I'm disappointed for Mr Quinn that his book hasn't found it's market. So much effort must go into producing a published work.

I'm guessing the KP housing anecdote is about the apartment 1 situation that was big news for a while.

I can believe their may have been a squabble about apartment 1 versus apartment 1A, especially with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge taking over the old Prince and Princess of Wales' apartment for their use also.

It wouldn't suprise me to learn this could have been at the bottom of the impulsive Sussex's upping sticks to the wilds of Windsor and Frogmore Cottage.

I've seen that whereas Amazon has very negative reviews for the Quinn editon, as per your post Curryong, it has listed Lady Colin Campbell's as Number 1 in their "Best Sellers in Western U.S. Biographies" category.

And that is the hardcover book, others in the list are cheaper Kindle versions.

I'm not sure what this category is, but it seems that Amazon splits the U.S. market up into regions, so it looks like this book is a hit in California.

Maybe all Meghan's Hollywood friends have brought one.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Western-Biographies/zgbs/books/2436

Last edited:
They're releasing too many books about this couple for as little of time as they have been together and the short time they were working members of the royal family. I can't believe that many people want to read four books about them. I love the royals and I don't want to read four books about them.

Speaking of books...I did get my Marc Morris book, 'King John' today. I've only read about 4 pages but already I like it. I too don't bother reading the yellow press as most of it is fake news and tons of insinuations, innuendoes, and just plain lies. King John...now he was a rascal..!!

Thanks Rayal. I remember your recommendation of Morris's work in another thread. King John was certainly a fascinating if controversial figure. And I agree with you about most books of the type written by Lady C and others.

Maybe the LCC book is doing so well in California because the Sussex' have bought up multiple copies to hand out to their friends-or keep them away from it!

Maybe the LCC book is doing so well in California because the Sussex' have bought up multiple copies to hand out to their friends-or keep them away from it!

That crossed my mind too Gerry! :lol::lol::lol:

Why would the Sussexes want to buy up a trashy pile of gossip, innuendo and lies to give to their friends?

"Queen Elizabeth once had to travel to KP to stop Harry, Meghan, Kate and William from bickering over things like the size and quality of their apartments".

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/06/the-most-explosive-royal-tell-alls-of-2020

Not that I want to place any relaince on any of these recent books and their somewhat unverified sources, it is entirely possible that the debate around where H&M had their main marital home got heated and took some mediation, possibly from the Queen. Many apartments at KP were talked about as potential homes for H&M including Apt 1 and Apt 4. I suspect neither were as nice as Apt 1a occupied by W&C, the future King and Queen. Who knows if H&M had some resentment in this regard?

Why would the Sussexes want to buy up a trashy pile of gossip, innuendo and lies to give to their friends?

Doorstops? Maybe they work reaaly well for lighting a barbecue? ?

i haven't read the book, but from the title 'the real story' pretty much suspected what is described in this thread, a lot of gossip, and as we all know...gossip sells

(glad i'm not a celeb or public figure...totally understand Harry wanting to get away from that..)

There is no way the queen went to them, if she was sorting it out they would be sent for. Or one of the private secretaries would be sent to sort it out.
The Queen does not go to them They come to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom