The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Colin's book has been released in some markets and people are sharing.

The tiara affair, no curtsey from the Duchess of Sussex to Her Majesty at the wedding, an "encyclopedic" chapter on little Archie - "minutely vetted by lawyers", the Queen feeling Meghan helped them against Jeremy Corbyn, various sources being desperate to talk.

Page Six article out ... plenty more leaks, reviews and coverage to come no doubt.

https://pagesix.com/2020/06/24/lady-...-new-tell-all/

Old 06-24-2020, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

You can already tell this book is ridiculous. Meghan did curtsy at the wedding. That’s just basic stuff she can’t get right.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
You can already tell this book is ridiculous. Meghan did curtsy at the wedding. That’s just basic stuff she can’t get right.

I think she will have a best-seller whatever is criticised, or whatever personal insults are thrown at her.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Is not tossing insults to point out blatant lies. I’m sure people will buy her book. There is an audience for everything.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Is not tossing insults to point out blatant lies. I’m sure people will buy her book. There is an audience for everything.

Sorry ACO but I wasn’t referring to your post as an insult to Lady Colin. You have misunderstood me.

I was expressing that I think her book will be the one to become the best-seller, despite any criticism of it’s contents.

There will no doubt be plenty of that to come pouring out as the book becomes more widely available.

You would have seen the negativity directed at this person, both as an author and an individual.

I was saying that I think none of it will distract from this being a money-spinner. A real money-spinner. Perhaps her all-time biggest.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:43 PM
Majesty

I'm sure it will be. Unfortunately. But then, she has an expensive lifestyle to maintain.

Friends of mine purchased this on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

My verdict on this biography . What you might expect from Lady Colin judging by her past writings. A scattering of unnamed sources, 'a Prince', 'a cousin of the royals', 'a courtier' etc, along with what appears to be an all encompassing trawl of tabloid articles, social media outlets including Tumblr, and the opinion of the author, almost invariably unflattering to both Meghan and Harry.

A sample. She states that Harry in asking formal permission to marry, told his grandmother the Queen that he intended to marry Meghan 'And if you don't like it you'll just have to suck it up'. Yes, that sounds exactly like how Harry would speak to the grandmother he reveres and respects!

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry informed his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Apparently that threat worked !! as a few pages later Lady C states that 'the Queen and Prince Charles were particularly delighted with her virtues, not the least of which was her colour'. Source, same unnamed Prince. (It is one of Lady C's claims, long asserted on social media sites, that the BRF 'wished to appear diverse' and that is mainly why the Sussex marriage was allowed.)

Tons more, on the same lines as above.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Lady Colin got that from Twitter/Tumblr sites. There's a load more. Just one... 'Piers Morgan had been cultivated by Meghan on previous visits to London.' That's not what Piers says. He has always maintained they connected online, met up once at a London pub for drinks when she was on a visit there in the summer of 2016, and she subsequently ghosted him.

This author also repeats the furphy that 'Meghan said that she didn't know who Harry was' which she proceeds to ridicule. Meghan did not say that at all! In her engagement interview, which Lady C does not mention as the source, Meghan stated that she did not know as much about Harry (the royal family) as people growing up in Britain would!
Old 06-25-2020, 12:28 AM
Majesty

There have been assertions on social media for two years that Harry and Meghan were ordered out of Charles's garden party after 15 minutes by Charles and Camilla, a few days after their wedding.

Lady Colin's take on it is, supposedly garnished from a Household official who told her at a dinner, that 'after 15 minutes of mingling and greeting, Meghan turned to Harry and said 'Harry, this is boring. Let's leave.' He said 'No, we have to stay'. Meghan then repeated (according to this unnamed official) 'We've done our bit, everyone knows we've been here. Let's go!' Harry again reiterated that they were to stay, and they moved on among the guests.'

I do not believe this story, mainly because newly wed Meghan was anxious to keep a good relationship with Charles and this would have appeared as a terrible and rude snub.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'm sure it will be. Unfortunately. But then, she has an expensive lifestyle to maintain.

Friends of mine bought it on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

My verdict on this biography . What you might expect from Lady Colin judging by her past writings. A scattering of unnamed sources, 'a Prince', 'a cousin of the royals', 'a courtier' etc, along with what appears to be an all encompassing trawl of tabloid articles, social media outlets including Tumblr, and the opinion of the author, almost invariably unflattering to both Meghan and Harry.

A sample. She states that Harry in asking formal permission to marry, told his grandmother the Queen that he intended to marry Meghan 'And if you don't like it you'll just have to suck it up'. Yes, that sounds exactly like how Harry would speak to the grandmother he reveres and respects!

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry told his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Apparently that threat worked !! as a few pages later Lady C states that 'the Queen and Prince Charles were particularly delighted with her virtues, not the least of which was her colour'. Source, same unnamed Prince. (It is one of Lady C's claims, long asserted on social media sites, that the BRF 'wished to appear diverse' and that is mainly why the Sussex marriage was allowed.)

So in other words, the Queen and Charles evaluated Meghan as if she were an animal. Give me a break.

What was this big deal at Charles’ 70th birthday that she’s been harping on?
Old 06-25-2020, 12:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
They need not worry.

The radical activists who are busy toppling statues, probably wouldn't buy the book anyway.
And despite the scale of some of the BLM demonstrations they still constitute a minority - and being a demonstrator doesn't prevent you from reading books in your spare time.
Yeah! well said!
Old 06-25-2020, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for your updates above Curryong. I don't think the hard copy edition is available here in Oz until next month.

(That is, I'd like to handle it/leaf through it before buying, rather than pre-order.)

Looks like a hefty tome from what I've seen of it, but have heard there aren't that many photos.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
So in other words, the Queen and Charles evaluated Meghan as if she were an animal. Give me a break.

What was this big deal at Charles’ 70th birthday that she’s been harping on?
On the Tuesday after the wedding Charles hosted a garden party at BP for a number of his charities to celebrate his 70th birthday which was to occur the following November.

Harry and Meghan also attended the event and left early - after about 20 - 30 minutes, instead of staying for the full hour that Charles and Camilla stayed.

Social media have, for the past two years, had 'evidence' that Charles told them to leave for some reason i.e. they look at the video and have decided that was what happened.

Facts we know:

1. Harry and Meghan attended the Garden Party on the Tuesday after their wedding

2. Harry gave a glowing speech about his father at the garden party

3. After about 20-30 minutes Harry and Meghan left.

What we don't know is:

1. Was it planned that Harry and Meghan were due to leave after the 20-30 minute mark?

2. If it wasn't planned whose decision was it for them to leave?

As a result the anti Harry and Meghan brigade this lack of real answers to these two questions has left them free to speculate with most going for them being told to leave - anything that paints them in a bad light. The pro Harry and Meghan people are more likely to go with 'it was planned all along'.

Simply we do not know why they left.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My first guess is that they left because they were in the honeymoon phase after the wedding and to me, that would be quite normal.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I find this piece of info really interesting;

In the United Kingdom, a hardcover book could be considered a "bestseller" with sales ranging from 4,000 to 25,000 copies per week.

The term “best seller” is counted so differently across all forms of media, that you can be a best seller on amazon and never make a list anywhere else.

There is no physical number attached to paperback sales for instance that would garner you best seller status.

The books trash, sounds like I can find most of it on tumblr, daily mail and twitter.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
On the Tuesday after the wedding Charles hosted a garden party at BP for a number of his charities to celebrate his 70th birthday which was to occur the following November.

Harry and Meghan also attended the event and left early - after about 20 - 30 minutes, instead of staying for the full hour that Charles and Camilla stayed.

Social media have, for the past two years, had 'evidence' that Charles told them to leave for some reason i.e. they look at the video and have decided that was what happened.

Facts we know:

1. Harry and Meghan attended the Garden Party on the Tuesday after their wedding

2. Harry gave a glowing speech about his father at the garden party

3. After about 20-30 minutes Harry and Meghan left.

What we don't know is:

1. Was it planned that Harry and Meghan were due to leave after the 20-30 minute mark?

2. If it wasn't planned whose decision was it for them to leave?

As a result the anti Harry and Meghan brigade this lack of real answers to these two questions has left them free to speculate with most going for them being told to leave - anything that paints them in a bad light. The pro Harry and Meghan people are more likely to go with 'it was planned all along'.

Simply we do not know why they left.
Thank you!

I’m no fan of H and M now, but I don’t think it was anything more than that they were on their honeymoon. I‘ll bet Charles encouraged them to leave, but even if he didn’t go out of his way to do that, I think he was fine with it. I also recall a bee bothering Harry during his comments about his father, and everyone was laughing. It seems to me they were all in a good mood.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Friends of mine bought it on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry told his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

I just love that you refuse to buy the book but you will read it then promote it on here, because that is what you are all doing.
You are giving it oxygen.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Thank you!

I’m no fan of H and M now, but I don’t think it was anything more than that they were on their honeymoon. I‘ll bet Charles encouraged them to leave, but even if he didn’t go out of his way to do that, I think he was fine with it. I also recall a bee bothering Harry during his comments about his father, and everyone was laughing. It seems to me they were all in a good mood.
I thought thaht they had been "encouraged" to leave because of some faux pas committed by Meghan...
Old 06-25-2020, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Friends of mine purchased this on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry informed his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Yeah, right!

These quotes are about as trustworthy as a three-Dollar bill.

And here we go again with the race-thing.
The author know exactly what buttons to press.

Come on! It's not like Meghan was presented to the BRF wearing a skirt of palm-leaves and with a bone sticking through her nose.
Physically she could be mistaken for a number of ethnicities, Latin-American, Persian, Fijian, Berber etc. before being labeled half African-American.
I believe Meghan's ethnicity was pretty low on the list of concerns - nor do I believe her ethnicity was a qualification in itself.
I firmly believe the list of concerns would have been along these lines:
Are you absolutely sure, Harry?
Is he ready to marry?
How's her personality?
What's her background?
What's her education?
What's her experience regarding representation and charities?
Is she presentable?
Can she handle the attention and pressure?
Previously married?
Oh, so she's foreign?
Has she got unfortunate personal relations or connections? - Say a being Marxist or a founding member of the Society to the Extermination of all Cute Pets.
Waaay down the list comes this: Could her racial profile become a problem?

So I simply refuse to buy into the notion that Meghan's racial background was even mentioned as a concern by members of the BRF.
It's not logic. It's even less logic in Britain where various ethnicities, many of them extremely prominent (kings, maharajas etc.) is hardly a novelty and haven't been a novelty for 250 years.
- These quotes are simply third-rate drama.

However, by a little stretch of imagination I can easily envision that Harry in a fit of rage and in response to other objections towards Meghan, would have exclaimed something like that he would go ahead with the marriage regardless, and that objecting to the marriage would be racist. - That would be a human reaction.
Something to say in a heated argument with his brother, a friend, his dad, another member of the BRF, a courtier - but it just sounds sooo much more dramatic (and sellable) if he was this rude to his grandmother.

And, last but not least, without named sources it is pure speculation/gossip, just as the example I just outlined above.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

They really hired a lip reader to look into this? The silliness of it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...al-family.html
Old 06-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought thaht they had been "encouraged" to leave because of some faux pas committed by Meghan...
I’m sure any “faux pas” 4 days after the wedding would have been attributed to Meghan still learning the ropes and not as an insult to Charles or anyone else

Closed Thread