Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Colin's book has been released in some markets and people are sharing.

The tiara affair, no curtsey from the Duchess of Sussex to Her Majesty at the wedding, an "encyclopedic" chapter on little Archie - "minutely vetted by lawyers", the Queen feeling Meghan helped them against Jeremy Corbyn, various sources being desperate to talk.

Page Six article out ... plenty more leaks, reviews and coverage to come no doubt.

https://pagesix.com/2020/06/24/lady-colin-campbell-calls-prince-harry-pathetic-in-new-tell-all/

You can already tell this book is ridiculous. Meghan did curtsy at the wedding. That’s just basic stuff she can’t get right.

You can already tell this book is ridiculous. Meghan did curtsy at the wedding. That’s just basic stuff she can’t get right.

I think she will have a best-seller whatever is criticised, or whatever personal insults are thrown at her.

Is not tossing insults to point out blatant lies. I’m sure people will buy her book. There is an audience for everything.

Is not tossing insults to point out blatant lies. I’m sure people will buy her book. There is an audience for everything.

Sorry ACO but I wasn’t referring to your post as an insult to Lady Colin. You have misunderstood me.

I was expressing that I think her book will be the one to become the best-seller, despite any criticism of it’s contents.

There will no doubt be plenty of that to come pouring out as the book becomes more widely available.

You would have seen the negativity directed at this person, both as an author and an individual.

I was saying that I think none of it will distract from this being a money-spinner. A real money-spinner. Perhaps her all-time biggest.

I'm sure it will be. Unfortunately. But then, she has an expensive lifestyle to maintain.

Friends of mine purchased this on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

My verdict on this biography . What you might expect from Lady Colin judging by her past writings. A scattering of unnamed sources, 'a Prince', 'a cousin of the royals', 'a courtier' etc, along with what appears to be an all encompassing trawl of tabloid articles, social media outlets including Tumblr, and the opinion of the author, almost invariably unflattering to both Meghan and Harry.

A sample. She states that Harry in asking formal permission to marry, told his grandmother the Queen that he intended to marry Meghan 'And if you don't like it you'll just have to suck it up'. Yes, that sounds exactly like how Harry would speak to the grandmother he reveres and respects!

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry informed his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Apparently that threat worked !! as a few pages later Lady C states that 'the Queen and Prince Charles were particularly delighted with her virtues, not the least of which was her colour'. Source, same unnamed Prince. (It is one of Lady C's claims, long asserted on social media sites, that the BRF 'wished to appear diverse' and that is mainly why the Sussex marriage was allowed.)

Tons more, on the same lines as above.

Last edited:

Lady Colin got that from Twitter/Tumblr sites. There's a load more. Just one... 'Piers Morgan had been cultivated by Meghan on previous visits to London.' That's not what Piers says. He has always maintained they connected online, met up once at a London pub for drinks when she was on a visit there in the summer of 2016, and she subsequently ghosted him.

This author also repeats the furphy that 'Meghan said that she didn't know who Harry was' which she proceeds to ridicule. Meghan did not say that at all! In her engagement interview, which Lady C does not mention as the source, Meghan stated that she did not know as much about Harry (the royal family) as people growing up in Britain would!

There have been assertions on social media for two years that Harry and Meghan were ordered out of Charles's garden party after 15 minutes by Charles and Camilla, a few days after their wedding.

Lady Colin's take on it is, supposedly garnished from a Household official who told her at a dinner, that 'after 15 minutes of mingling and greeting, Meghan turned to Harry and said 'Harry, this is boring. Let's leave.' He said 'No, we have to stay'. Meghan then repeated (according to this unnamed official) 'We've done our bit, everyone knows we've been here. Let's go!' Harry again reiterated that they were to stay, and they moved on among the guests.'

I do not believe this story, mainly because newly wed Meghan was anxious to keep a good relationship with Charles and this would have appeared as a terrible and rude snub.

I'm sure it will be. Unfortunately. But then, she has an expensive lifestyle to maintain.

Friends of mine bought it on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

My verdict on this biography . What you might expect from Lady Colin judging by her past writings. A scattering of unnamed sources, 'a Prince', 'a cousin of the royals', 'a courtier' etc, along with what appears to be an all encompassing trawl of tabloid articles, social media outlets including Tumblr, and the opinion of the author, almost invariably unflattering to both Meghan and Harry.

A sample. She states that Harry in asking formal permission to marry, told his grandmother the Queen that he intended to marry Meghan 'And if you don't like it you'll just have to suck it up'. Yes, that sounds exactly like how Harry would speak to the grandmother he reveres and respects!

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry told his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Apparently that threat worked !! as a few pages later Lady C states that 'the Queen and Prince Charles were particularly delighted with her virtues, not the least of which was her colour'. Source, same unnamed Prince. (It is one of Lady C's claims, long asserted on social media sites, that the BRF 'wished to appear diverse' and that is mainly why the Sussex marriage was allowed.)

So in other words, the Queen and Charles evaluated Meghan as if she were an animal. Give me a break.

What was this big deal at Charles’ 70th birthday that she’s been harping on?

:previous: They need not worry.

The radical activists who are busy toppling statues, probably wouldn't buy the book anyway.
And despite the scale of some of the BLM demonstrations they still constitute a minority - and being a demonstrator doesn't prevent you from reading books in your spare time. ;)

Yeah! well said!

Thanks for your updates above Curryong. I don't think the hard copy edition is available here in Oz until next month.

(That is, I'd like to handle it/leaf through it before buying, rather than pre-order.)

Looks like a hefty tome from what I've seen of it, but have heard there aren't that many photos.

So in other words, the Queen and Charles evaluated Meghan as if she were an animal. Give me a break.

What was this big deal at Charles’ 70th birthday that she’s been harping on?

On the Tuesday after the wedding Charles hosted a garden party at BP for a number of his charities to celebrate his 70th birthday which was to occur the following November.

Harry and Meghan also attended the event and left early - after about 20 - 30 minutes, instead of staying for the full hour that Charles and Camilla stayed.

Social media have, for the past two years, had 'evidence' that Charles told them to leave for some reason i.e. they look at the video and have decided that was what happened.

Facts we know:

1. Harry and Meghan attended the Garden Party on the Tuesday after their wedding

2. Harry gave a glowing speech about his father at the garden party

3. After about 20-30 minutes Harry and Meghan left.

What we don't know is:

1. Was it planned that Harry and Meghan were due to leave after the 20-30 minute mark?

2. If it wasn't planned whose decision was it for them to leave?

As a result the anti Harry and Meghan brigade this lack of real answers to these two questions has left them free to speculate with most going for them being told to leave - anything that paints them in a bad light. The pro Harry and Meghan people are more likely to go with 'it was planned all along'.

Simply we do not know why they left.

Last edited:
My first guess is that they left because they were in the honeymoon phase after the wedding and to me, that would be quite normal. :D

I find this piece of info really interesting;

In the United Kingdom, a hardcover book could be considered a "bestseller" with sales ranging from 4,000 to 25,000 copies per week.

The term “best seller” is counted so differently across all forms of media, that you can be a best seller on amazon and never make a list anywhere else.

There is no physical number attached to paperback sales for instance that would garner you best seller status.

The books trash, sounds like I can find most of it on tumblr, daily mail and twitter.

On the Tuesday after the wedding Charles hosted a garden party at BP for a number of his charities to celebrate his 70th birthday which was to occur the following November.

Harry and Meghan also attended the event and left early - after about 20 - 30 minutes, instead of staying for the full hour that Charles and Camilla stayed.

Social media have, for the past two years, had 'evidence' that Charles told them to leave for some reason i.e. they look at the video and have decided that was what happened.

Facts we know:

1. Harry and Meghan attended the Garden Party on the Tuesday after their wedding

2. Harry gave a glowing speech about his father at the garden party

3. After about 20-30 minutes Harry and Meghan left.

What we don't know is:

1. Was it planned that Harry and Meghan were due to leave after the 20-30 minute mark?

2. If it wasn't planned whose decision was it for them to leave?

As a result the anti Harry and Meghan brigade this lack of real answers to these two questions has left them free to speculate with most going for them being told to leave - anything that paints them in a bad light. The pro Harry and Meghan people are more likely to go with 'it was planned all along'.

Simply we do not know why they left.

Thank you!

I’m no fan of H and M now, but I don’t think it was anything more than that they were on their honeymoon. I‘ll bet Charles encouraged them to leave, but even if he didn’t go out of his way to do that, I think he was fine with it. I also recall a bee bothering Harry during his comments about his father, and everyone was laughing. It seems to me they were all in a good mood.

Friends of mine bought it on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry told his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

I just love that you refuse to buy the book but you will read it then promote it on here, because that is what you are all doing.
You are giving it oxygen.

Thank you!

I’m no fan of H and M now, but I don’t think it was anything more than that they were on their honeymoon. I‘ll bet Charles encouraged them to leave, but even if he didn’t go out of his way to do that, I think he was fine with it. I also recall a bee bothering Harry during his comments about his father, and everyone was laughing. It seems to me they were all in a good mood.

I thought thaht they had been "encouraged" to leave because of some faux pas committed by Meghan...

Friends of mine purchased this on Kindle. They bought it for a joke. I refuse to buy it but have read the book on their Kindle today.

Lady C further asserts that 'a Prince' was present at this meeting and told her that Harry informed his grandparents that 'they would be accused of racism if they did not agree to the marriage!'

Yeah, right!

These quotes are about as trustworthy as a three-Dollar bill.

And here we go again with the race-thing.
The author know exactly what buttons to press. :ermm:

Come on! It's not like Meghan was presented to the BRF wearing a skirt of palm-leaves and with a bone sticking through her nose.
Physically she could be mistaken for a number of ethnicities, Latin-American, Persian, Fijian, Berber etc. before being labeled half African-American.
I believe Meghan's ethnicity was pretty low on the list of concerns - nor do I believe her ethnicity was a qualification in itself.
I firmly believe the list of concerns would have been along these lines:
Are you absolutely sure, Harry?
Is he ready to marry?
How's her personality?
What's her background?
What's her education?
What's her experience regarding representation and charities?
Is she presentable?
Can she handle the attention and pressure?
Previously married?
Oh, so she's foreign?
Has she got unfortunate personal relations or connections? - Say a being Marxist or a founding member of the Society to the Extermination of all Cute Pets.
Waaay down the list comes this: Could her racial profile become a problem?

So I simply refuse to buy into the notion that Meghan's racial background was even mentioned as a concern by members of the BRF.
It's not logic. It's even less logic in Britain where various ethnicities, many of them extremely prominent (kings, maharajas etc.) is hardly a novelty and haven't been a novelty for 250 years.
- These quotes are simply third-rate drama.

However, by a little stretch of imagination I can easily envision that Harry in a fit of rage and in response to other objections towards Meghan, would have exclaimed something like that he would go ahead with the marriage regardless, and that objecting to the marriage would be racist. - That would be a human reaction.
Something to say in a heated argument with his brother, a friend, his dad, another member of the BRF, a courtier - but it just sounds sooo much more dramatic (and sellable) if he was this rude to his grandmother.

And, last but not least, without named sources it is pure speculation/gossip, just as the example I just outlined above.

I thought thaht they had been "encouraged" to leave because of some faux pas committed by Meghan...

I’m sure any “faux pas” 4 days after the wedding would have been attributed to Meghan still learning the ropes and not as an insult to Charles or anyone else

No one was encouraged to leave. Where did it even come from? These weird conspiracies are fascinating.

Oh this book it a hoot and typical Lady C! Its full of factual errors which makes it even more funny IMO. I think Lady C does have some good sources so I take about 5% of what I read as new facts, 70% is just common knowledge and 25% is untrue/false.

Some facts that are wrong IMO from the book which a friend of mine "acquired" without having to pay for it:

-the curtsey, when looking at the original broadcast it was hard to see H&M bow/curtsey but if I recall correctly at the time footage from other angles proved they did bow/curtsey

-when talking about Trevor's role as Exec Producer for the 2006 film "Zoom" she says lead actor Tim Allen was nominated for a "Razzle Award for Best Actor", in fact he was nominated for a Razzie. Of course this could just be a typo or a mistake which doesn't change much but the point is it shows a lack of checking / fact checking possibly.

-she talks about Eugenie's tiara as once belonging to Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia, even though its widely reported it was made by Boucheron sometimes around 1919

Things which if true are revealing:

-the garden party and Meghan saying she wanted to leave after 20mins

-Meghan e-mailing a dog rescue centre when somebody else wanted a dog she liked using the "Suits" card to say she would be a better owner

-Meghan getting all upset when a plumber working in her house recognised her and jokingly asked for a selfie.

-Meghan using her first blog to bemoan a car service driver who dared to write her full name on the sign at the airport rather than her initial and surname, who dared to try and show her pictures on his phone while they waited for her luggage and who delivered her to the wrong address (even though it was almost certainly to the address given to the driver so wasn't his fault).My issue with this is no matter how bad the driver was(and these issues seem pretty petty to me personally) using a public blog to bitch about a low paid service worker is pretty low IMO.

I'm only on chapter 4!

Only chapter 4?

I can't wait for the revelations to emerge in the next chapters.
In fact I will take the dog for a patrol of the lampposts in order to calm myself down. ?

Seriously. Is anyone from the dog-rescue center quoted or has that episode been mentioned by a credible source?

Did the plumber come out with that anecdote? Or is there another verifiable source?

I presume that if she wrote about the driver on her blog, that is a fact. Also in the description as to what happened. - Whether she had too high an opinion of herself and was too petty or whether the driver behaved in a manner that was unprofessional and too familiar is for another thread to discuss - but finally it's something we can use IMO.

Last edited:
Oh this book it a hoot and typical Lady C! Its full of factual errors which makes it even more funny IMO. I think Lady C does have some good sources so I take about 5% of what I read as new facts, 70% is just common knowledge and 25% is untrue/false.

Some facts that are wrong IMO from the book which a friend of mine "acquired" without having to pay for it:

-the curtsey, when looking at the original broadcast it was hard to see H&M bow/curtsey but if I recall correctly at the time footage from other angles proved they did bow/curtsey

-when talking about Trevor's role as Exec Producer for the 2006 film "Zoom" she says lead actor Tim Allen was nominated for a "Razzle Award for Best Actor", in fact he was nominated for a Razzie. Of course this could just be a typo or a mistake which doesn't change much but the point is it shows a lack of checking / fact checking possibly.

-she talks about Eugenie's tiara as once belonging to Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia, even though its widely reported it was made by Boucheron sometimes around 1919

Things which if true are revealing:

-the garden party and Meghan saying she wanted to leave after 20mins

-Meghan e-mailing a dog rescue centre when somebody else wanted a dog she liked using the "Suits" card to say she would be a better owner

-Meghan getting all upset when a plumber working in her house recognised her and jokingly asked for a selfie.

-Meghan using her first blog to bemoan a car service driver who dared to write her full name on the sign at the airport rather than her initial and surname, who dared to try and show her pictures on his phone while they waited for her luggage and who delivered her to the wrong address (even though it was almost certainly to the address given to the driver so wasn't his fault).My issue with this is no matter how bad the driver was(and these issues seem pretty petty to me personally) using a public blog to bitch about a low paid service worker is pretty low IMO.

I'm only on chapter 4!

Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if any if this was true about Meghan, though I do think more proof is needed given that the source isn’t considered reliable.

These sound like such minor petty incidents, like a young girl gossiping to her old friend on the day about these petty scenarios. Maybe the source of these trivialities is from an old friend of Meghans who knew her well at the time.

These sound like such minor petty incidents, like a young girl gossiping to her old friend on the day about these petty scenarios. Maybe the source of these trivialities is from an old friend of Meghans who knew her well at the time.

Who cares if these incident are minor or even not true. As long as her book sells, I’m sure she’ll have more “juice” for the sequel

Yes, Eugenie's wedding tiara that Lady C asserts was worn by Grand Duchess Xenia is the Greville Kokoshnik created in 1919, that came into the Queen Mother's keeping by inheritance in the 1930s.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/t...5394/royal-wedding-tiaras-throughout-history/

Several of these so-called incidents that Tommy quoted are from an anonymous blog titled 'Diary of a Working actress' or something like that, which talked about the troubles of a young actress trying to make it in show business, in the form of a diary.

Anti Meghan sources on social media leaped on this 'diary' when it suddenly, by coincidence no doubt, appeared on the internet before the engagement to Harry and they decided the diary/blog was written by Meghan.

I doubt that Lady Colin was eagerly searching for this anonymous diary in 2017, nor trawling anti-Meghan sites on Tumblr/Twitter etc, at that time. However, I can well believe that she did so later, as I read the Tig and took a look at anti Meghan comments on the above sources from the time it became known that Harry was dating Meghan, and I recognised many supposed anecdotes and incidents she puts as facts in her book as directly coming from social media 2017-2020.

Last edited:
If my memory serves correctly the story that they were told to go came from a lip reader on the exact same video so which is correct - the one saying it was fine or the one who says they were told to go?

Until Charles or Harry tell us their version of events we still don't know.

Lip readers aren't that reliable when used by the media as different ones say different things - especially with the royals.

Oh, believe me, conspiracy theorists on anti-Meghan sites on Tumblr and Twitter wouldn't believe any statement by anyone, even the Queen, unless it made Meghan and/or Harry look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom