Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is rather sad - she comes across of knowledgeable and in the know - which is not good as the interviewers do not say that she is not at all what she is appearing to be, completely giving the wrong impression. I thought she was at least in the aristocracy - now it appears as nothing but name dropping.

She married a member of the aristocracy adn she is a wealthy woman so she probalby has aristocratic freinds. However she is not AFAIK in the royal circle.

This is rather sad - she comes across of knowledgeable and in the know - which is not good as the interviewers do not say that she is not at all what she is appearing to be, completely giving the wrong impression. I thought she was at least in the aristocracy - now it appears as nothing but name dropping.

She’s the U.K. equivalent of buying a title, and then assuming everything follows suit. It doesn’t. She released a video yesterday saying it was Henry and Meghan’s “present” to William on his birthday and it was just bile.

She doesn’t understand a single thing about how real aristocracy and titles work.

I would bet she knows about as much as Wikipedia does about the royals.

She married a member of the aristocracy adn she is a wealthy woman so she probalby has aristocratic freinds. However she is not AFAIK in the royal circle.

She married the second son of a Duke, 46 years ago and divorced him within 9 months.

It’s often been reported that the only way she upkeeps Goring Castle is by selling her title on various tv shows and being a “royal rumour mill”.

Anyone with true aristocratic “blood”, would steer well clear of her as she’s known to cause trouble. She’s had several books cancelled, pulled and heavily edited due to defamation claims.

She’s the U.K. equivalent of buying a title, and then assuming everything follows suit. It doesn’t. She released a video yesterday saying it was Henry and Meghan’s “present” to William on his birthday and it was just bile.

She doesn’t understand a single thing about how real aristocracy and titles work.

I would bet she knows about as much as Wikipedia does about the royals.

She married the second son of a Duke, 46 years ago and divorced him within 9 months.

It’s often been reported that the only way she upkeeps Goring Castle is by selling her title on various tv shows and being a “royal rumour mill”.

Anyone with true aristocratic “blood”, would steer well clear of her as she’s known to cause trouble. She’s had several books cancelled, pulled and heavily edited due to defamation claims.

Im sure that she has upper class friends, if only because she is wealthy and owns a castle. Yes of course she makes her money by writing silly books and appearing on TV talking about the RF.

Lady Colin Campbell is a remarkable person. She is quite frank and open about her early-life gender issues. She is also considered fine and entertaining company at dinner, tea or what have you. While she is relentless with her public relations when she has a book coming out, she is not usually wrong with the basic framework of her suppositions about the BRF.

Im sure that she has upper class friends, if only because she is wealthy and owns a castle. Yes of course she makes her money by writing silly books and appearing on TV talking about the RF.

I could own a castle and be wealthy, doesn’t mean I have “upper class friends”. There isn’t a single google images picture of her with any form of aristocratic or upper class individuals. She’s never been on the “society” pages of Tatler or Vanity Fair because everyone knows she’s a fake.

We must bear in mind this is the woman who went on Good Morning Britain and defended Jeffrey Epstein.

Her ex-husband actually apologised to Charles for the appalling piece of trash she wrote about his marriage to Diana in 1992.

I could own a castle and be wealthy, doesn’t mean I have “upper class friends”. There isn’t a single google images picture of her with any form of aristocratic or upper class individuals. She’s never been on the “society” pages of Tatler or Vanity Fair because everyone knows she’s a fake.

We must bear in mind this is the woman who went on Good Morning Britain and defended Jeffrey Epstein.

Her ex-husband actually apologised to Charles for the appalling piece of trash she wrote about his marriage to Diana in 1992.

I dont say she's a nice person.. she's snobbish, she's arrogant and silly..and her writing is pretty bad and inaccurate. but it doesn't mean that she mght not have some upper class friends.. I doubt she woudl have any friends who are part of the royal circle because of the nature of her work... They are not likley to pal up with someone who is a writer on royal issues...and who gets it wrong so often.

I think her new book will be a worthy addition to those who feel compelled to fill the empty shelves in the library are of their new home. It's a good space filler and it does it's job.

I think her new book will be a worthy addition to those who feel compelled to fill the empty shelves in the library are of their new home. It's a good space filler and it does it's job.

Ouch!!! ?

I was starting to think Lady Colin Campbell’s book wasn’t going to be that interesting ... but maybe it will be quite explosive after all.

Certainly the presenters on UK morning television - who have a copy - have had a quite explosive interview with her.

And all the UK media have reported on their exchanges.

Will now be waiting for this book’s release with more anticipation than previously.

Last edited:
Lady Colin has been interviewed a few times about this book. None of them really ended as a positive for her. The Times review almost mocked her. This book is fill with internet gossip and conspiracies. Good luck to her.

I was starting to think Lady Colin Campbell’s book wasn’t going to be that interesting ... but maybe it will be quite explosive after all.

Certainly the presenters on UK morning television - who have a copy - have had a quite explosive interview with her.

And all the UK media have reported on their exchanges.

Will now be waiting for this book’s release with more anticipation than previously.

Explosive in what way? The contents is entirely made up from unknown sources, friends of friends and gossip.

Unlike Scobie and Durrands book, Campbell simply has no insiders anywhere to get any information from.

The Campbell book collects all the tabloid stories into one location. She's a master at getting ppl to pay for what they can read for free elsewhere. It's not her first book on the BRF.

LaRae

The Campbell book collects all the tabloid stories into one location. She's a master at getting ppl to pay for what they can read for free elsewhere. It's not her first book on the BRF.

LaRae

I think that pretty much summed it up.

After reading just one book by Lady Colin Campbell, I've come to the opinion that there will be no "real" story in anything she writes. One of the last words I'd use for this author is "credible".

So I'll definitely be giving this book no thought whatsoever. :D

Interesting tidbit about the author. She uses the title "Lady" as she *was* married to Lord Colin Campbell of Scotland in 1974. They divorced in 1975. This tells me she's trading on the title. ;)

I completely agree with you and happy someone else remembers this fraud. I wrote as such on the DM article yesterday and got bashed for it. This person was never a "lady" or "socialite." I highly doubt she has had any member of the royal family at her home given what she has written in the past and knowing she would talk about anything they said to further herself. She's been trading on that title for years.

I'm just curious – did her ex-husband never remarry? Why is she allowed to keep using the title this way? Shouldn't she be "Georgie, Lady Colin Campbell" or what have you? It's not really off-topic; it tells you how much she cares about accuracy.

I would think that the correct form would be Georgie, Lady Campbell. Both Sarah and Diana never used their ex-husband's first name in their courtesy titles. It was Sarah, Duchess of York and Diana, Princess of wales.

This is what makes me believe that Campbell relies on her husband's title to make herself seem to be more than she is. She works hard at keeping her image from a very, very short marriage.

To be honest, I was married for 20 years and at the time of divorce, I chose to revert to my maiden surname legally. :D

Wouldn't Lady Campbell suggest that her former-husband be the 'head of the family'?

I'd say that for example Marie-Christine couldn't claim to be 'Marie-Christine, princess of Kent' if divorced?! Because she never was 'princess of Kent' in the first place.

No her title is Lady Colin Campbell, not Lady Campbell. Or she coudl revert to her maiden name or just write as Mary Campbell or whatever her name is.

I'm just curious – did her ex-husband never remarry? Why is she allowed to keep using the title this way? Shouldn't she be "Georgie, Lady Colin Campbell" or what have you? It's not really off-topic; it tells you how much she cares about accuracy.

As far as Wikipedia, he never remarried.

The divorced “styling” is only applicable to divorced wives of British Princes and the LPs listed nothing about the divorced wives of peers.

Wikipedia states this; It used to be customary for women with higher titles from one marriage to retain them even on subsequent remarriage.

As Lady Colin has also never remarried she is entitled to be known as she was when she married.

I read Campbell and Scofield got into it over the book. You're a gossip equals you're a hack. I find it odd that Scofield came for Campbell, considering he had Samantha on his show and slammed Meghan. The Times trashed the book? Interesting.

I read Campbell and Scofield got into it over the book. You're a gossip equals you're a hack. I find it odd that Scofield came for Campbell, considering he had Samantha on his show and slammed Meghan. The Times trashed the book? Interesting.

I'm glad to see Lady Colin isn't being cowed or intimidated by the interviewer ... she's posted the entire encounter on her social media.

And one of her sons is calling out the same interviewer for trying to shove his mother, Lady Colin, when they all attended an ITV awards event. Feelings seem to be running high, and the general public are yet to read the book.

I would have liked the interviewer to have allowed Lady Colin to speak about the tax incentives/perks available to those who set up charities and foundations in the US. Hopefully she will cover it thoroughly in her book.

Last edited:
MailOnline was launched in 2003, and whilst there have been articles about Diana since it’s formation I don’t recall ever seeing Lady Colin Campbell quoted in anything. She wasn’t known to the general public until her appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

She married the younger son of The Duke of Argyll in 1974 and divorced him 9 months later but as you can continues to use his title.

It’s quite clear she likes the idea of royalty, she bought a castle for her and her two adopted sons in Surrey in 2013. But no she’s never been close to the royal family in anyway, she’s certainly not Charles’ cousin even by marriage.

Well it's possible I'm thinking of a different person. But they said she was "prince charles' cousin" and they would quote her on Diana who she did not like. She said that Diana had a personality disorder. This would have been after 2003. I swore it was Lady Colin Campbell. Oh and it seems to me she talked out about the tribute to Diana just before Camilla and Charles got married. You know where they were all going to go to the ceremony to honor Diana and people got irritated that Camilla was going to go so in the end she made an excuse and said that she wasn't going to go? And this "cousin" said that Diana had a personality disorder. Does that help?

I don't remember when or exactly who that was but I thought it was this woman. It was definitely in the Mail that was the only British paper I was reading at the time. Oh and the Guardian had a link to a site called "The Royal Archives" that was a forum about the royals that I was on at the time. They had a whole section about it.

Last edited:
If Campbell posted the interview she wanted to pick a fight for her book to get noticed. Scobie gets press thanks to the fiction cooked up fearing his book is a hit piece on the BRF and Scobie denies it on social media. That's it. Campbell I believe fears her book will tank with Scobie's as strong competition. She has to pull stunts to get notice.

Never mind the battle between the royals its fast becoming the battle between the authors. I really don't think Lady Colin Campbell holds much credibility with the UK reading public who know her history.

Last edited:
Exactly. A Royal biographer should be credible and have plenty of named sources IMO. I bought, for my sins, Lady C's 'Diana in Private' which I didn't care for. And as for Lady C's assertions about the parents of the Queen Mother and the supposed family cook in the biography of the Queen Mother (borrowed that book from the local library) that shot any credibility this author had to smithereens as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair though that rumour about the Queen mothers mother has been around a long time. I think I first read that in Charles Higham's book on Wallis. Also maybe Kitty Kelly repeated it. But it has been around a long time as a rumour not proved.

Charles Higham gave it as a rumour and supposed reason for Wallis Simpson's nickname for the QM, AFAIR. However Lady C wrote of it in her biography of the Queen Mother as a fact.

Last edited:
Charles Higham gave it as a rumour and supposed reason for Wallis Simpson's nickname for the QM AFAIR. However Lady C wrote of it in her biography of the Queen Mother as a fact.

Oh ok. I have not read any of L.C.C's books. As you mean there is a difference between rumour and fact.

Charles Higham gave it as a rumour and supposed reason for Wallis Simpson's nickname for the QM AFAIR. However Lady C wrote of it in her biography of the Queen Mother as a fact.

True and in that book she also wrote many other things about the Queen Mother as fact. That is why I previously said it one is prepared to believe what she will write about Meghan and Harry then one believes what she wrote about the Queen Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom