"Meghan: A Hollywood Princess" by Andrew Morton (2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morton's book has made it US networks and they don't seem too impressed by it. It comes across as a slam piece and there was even a royal reporter on the segment who, in a nice way, basically said "Morton talked to people with an ax to grind and not people who are actually in Meghan's life." in so many words.

Also I don't get Morton trying to paint Trevor as some victim of Meghan's. I think it is interesting more aren't asking why a woman who was with a man for 7 years would just up and walk away to the point she can't even be in the same room with him anymore. His "boys" trashing Meghan makes me wonder all the more.

And this Priddy character who is Team Trevor yet all the rest of their tight crew (Lindsay, Benita, and Heather) are all with Meghan and non associate with Priddy. That also speaks volumes especially when they are also friends with her Suits cast and her new Toronto circle like Mischa and Jessica. So again... makes you wonder.

Maybe I am also a callous woman, like Meghan (rolls eyes), but what is so scandalous or wrong about sending your engagement/wedding ring back via post??? Meghan was living in a different country. What is more "classy" about meeting in person?? I see literally nothing wrong with her sending the rings back via mail and am rolling my eyes at the DM making it a thing.

Morton's book has made it US networks and they don't seem too impressed by it. It comes across as a slam piece and there was even a royal reporter on the segment who, in a nice way, basically said "Morton talked to people with an ax to grind and not people who are actually in Meghan's life." in so many words.

Also I don't get Morton trying to paint Trevor as some victim of Meghan's. I think it is interesting more aren't asking why a woman who was with a man for 7 years would just up and walk away to the point she can't even be in the same room with him anymore. His "boys" trashing Meghan makes me wonder all the more.

And this Priddy character who is Team Trevor yet all the rest of their tight crew (Lindsay, Benita, and Heather) are all with Meghan and non associate with Priddy. That also speaks volumes especially when they are also friends with her Suits cast and her new Toronto circle like Mischa and Jessica. So again... makes you wonder.

IMO Priddy sounded in love with Trevor.

And my friends have made decisions I have not agreed with but I would never side against them with their partner barring something very very drastic, so I find Priddy's story suspicious from a lot of different angles. The fact that by Priddy's own admission Meghan refused to tell her what went down AND had stopped talking to her IMO indicates there is more to Priddy then she is letting on. Unfortunately, Meghan can't defend herself.

Meghan has very close friendships including ones that pre-date her fame as you listed (although Heather is not one I am familiar with). Her Suits cast mates seem to adore her, and from her Instagram, she always made a point to show love to the crew as well.

I believe Meghan is ambitious, maybe ruthless (who isn't when you have a goal in mind?), a master networker and planner. But those IMO are positive qualities. I work in politics, if you are not all of those things you will get no where. If Meghan were a man, these characteristics would be lauded. Alas, ambitious, smart and savvy women are denigrated.

Also, can the media stop with this fallacy that Trevor got Meghan her role on Suits?? Trevor had nothing to do with Suits and 0 connections to the NBC Universal world from what I can tell in terms of his work as a producer. Even if he was able to get her an audition, she still had to do the work on her own to convince them she was the right fit especially since I remember reading (can't recall where) that her character was originally suppose to be white and she also had to get through a "chemistry" audition with Patrick McAdams to get the role. Yet again, the media is trying to lower Meghan and her accomplishments by crediting her ex-Husband when there has never been any evidence he had the pull to get her on Suits.

Last edited:
I think what Morton is saying is that Meghan is a user. She dates the right people, marries the right people and networks with the right people to advance her owns ends and then when she’s done she moves on.

The implication being (according to the book and tabloids) Harry is headed for divorce in a few years.

Last edited:
Maybe I am also a callous woman, like Meghan (rolls eyes), but what is so scandalous or wrong about sending your engagement/wedding ring back via post??? Meghan was living in a different country. What is more "classy" about meeting in person?? I see literally nothing wrong with her sending the rings back via mail and am rolling my eyes at the DM making it a thing.

Another aspect to this whole sending the rings back by mail is, in reality, how many women divorce and actually return their wedding and engagement ring? I'm 66 years old and have yet to know anyone that has divorced and returned the rings. I sure didn't.

Just the fact that Meghan thought it a proper thing to do to return the rings tells me she's a conscientious person no matter how she returned them.

Last edited:
IMO Priddy sounded in love with Trevor.

Meghan has very close friendships including ones that pre-date her fame as you listed (although Heather is not one I am familiar with). Her Suits cast mates seem to adore her, and from her Instagram, she always made a point to show love to the crew as well.

Heather Dorak is one of her closest friends for over a decade. She was recently in London for her christening. As for Priddy? I definitely think she had feelings for Trevor but she also enjoyed the fact she was having more success than Meghan. Just watch her old videos and read everything she has put out. She screams the type of friend who loves you until you thrive. The fact their circle still intact except for her says everything.

I think what Morton is saying is that Meghan is a user. She dates the right people, marries the right people and networks with the right people to advance her owns ends and then when she’s done she moves on.

The implication being (according to the book and tabloids) Harry is headed for divorce in a few years.

Yet she was with Trevor for almost a decade and that did zero for her career. Actually the marriage started to crumble when she started to achieve more success. Of course a female being successful equals she is a user and manipulator and these men are the victims. It is eye rolling and borderline sexist. It was all gravy as long as she wasn't making her own money or having any of her own success. That is all I am getting from Morton.

Also Morton's peddling this Diana was her inspiration is also ridiculous. Meghan has said in her own words how much her mother was her biggest role model and then on her blog (that they love to quote) she went on about the females she looked up to. None of them listed. Just Diana. Give me a break.

Last edited:
Psssst.... it actually was a subliminal message from Morton to go out and buy his books about Diana. :D

Sounds like it. However if Meghan is like thtat, she's not going to divorce Harry

Yet, just looking at Meghan's life a bit more closely rubbishes this idea. She was with Trevor for a decade. Being with him didn't do much for her career. She supported herself with odd jobs, doing calligraphy. She left the marriage taking only a food mixer with her. After Trevor she dated Cory for 2 years. He didn't advance her career at all. She also was friends with Priddy for 30 years, the friendship ended, according to Priddy, because Priddy sided with Trevor in the divorce. She has multiple other friends she has been friends with for years and years.

So, Imo Morton did really shoddy job writing this book, and this narrative. He not only failed to get anyone actually in Meghan's life, to talk, he failed to find accurate information of her life, which should've been easy, just reading The Tig rubbishes a lot of his info. This is a very poorly researched and written book, it screams 'I'm a hatched job written in 6 months about a woman I have no clue about, nor do I want to research her, I just want it out there 2 months before the wedding to maximize the sales before the wedding"

Yet, just looking at Meghan's life a bit more closely rubbishes this idea. She was with Trevor for a decade. Being with him didn't do much for her career. She supported herself with odd jobs, doing calligraphy. She left the marriage taking only a food mixer with her. After Trevor she dated Cory for 2 years. He didn't advance her career at all. She also was friends with Priddy for 30 years, the friendship ended, according to Priddy, because Priddy sided with Trevor in the divorce. She has multiple other friends she has been friends with for years and years.

So, Imo Morton did really shoddy job writing this book, and this narrative. He not only failed to get anyone actually in Meghan's life, to talk, he failed to find accurate information of her life, which should've been easy, just reading The Tig rubbishes a lot of his info. This is a very poorly researched and written book, it screams 'I'm a hatched job written in 6 months about a woman I have no clue about, nor do I want to research her, I just want it out there 2 months before the wedding to maximize the sales before the wedding"

Agreed on all accounts, although to be fair the Tig is never going to be anything but positive things about Meghan that fit her public persona---which is again normal.

My concern is that folks who are not royal watchers and thus do not have this factual background will see this dribble printed in papers and online and take it at face value :sad:. The veracity doesn't really matter, the UK media is building their case against Meghan, truth be damned. And they have that power because its not like Meghan can really respond. So the media can twist Morton's words and come up with an image to fit what they want.

When it comes down to it, the BRF needs the Media who are the ones who shape public perception. The media can and does taint public perception of public figures, including the BRF. Meghan can be the second coming, but if the media refuses to cover any good she does or does it with the snarky tone they do, that will influence how people see her and thus impact her ability to be effective in her role. Same with Harry.

I look forward to the day we get less sensational and more balanced and nuanced bios on Meghan.

I look forward to the day we get less sensational and more balanced and nuanced bios on Meghan.

Agreed. I don't want fluff but don't feed me nonsense either. These people are human and have all sides. Tell it. That is what made his Diana book so fascinating. This is not that and never will be it and everyone can see it.

At one point, I went back through Meghan's acting credits to see where Trevor had been a producer and might have been able to get her a bit part. Not worth it for me to do again but I remember there were a couple including Remember Me. Suits was not one of them. Meghan & Patrick J. Adams had done a previous pilot together that didn't get picked up so it's likely their chemistry was the biggest factor.

Meghan has said herself that she's ambitious (read: social climber) and I'm sure networking in the entertainment industry and business (for the Tig) was a crucial part of that. And while I think she and Harry are clearly in love I think her humanitarian aspirations are a big part of why she was willing to sign up for the rest of the golden handcuffs that come with joining the Firm. What I find mind boggling is the revisionist history that she was a gold digger that laid a trap for Harry starting at the age of 15. And this trap was some kind of long con that included her becoming an actress then marrying and divorcing another man. I'm sorry but crying over Diana's funeral is human not the birthing of some master strategy. Give me a freaking break!

Only potentially new info I got from the excerpts was mailing back the rings and taking the blender. Both of which I find just righteously petty enough that I hope they're true. :lol: After almost a decade together, Trevor is lucky she didn't take him for half.

Last edited:

I think that implications isn't just from Morton, but by a lot that didn't like Meghan from the very beginning. I've seen it being said multiple times in an effort to paint Meghan in an unflattering light. The only issue with this theory is this: who did she use? Trevor is a producer, but a quick look at his credits shows that he has not done much notable work. Especially prior to 2013, when the couple divorced. So to somehow insinuate she used him, that's a big stretch. They were together for 7 years prior to their marriage in 2011, I don't see Meghan getting any special treatment in Hollywood. In fact, she talked about going to auditions and the difficulties she had prior to Suits.

As for networking, that's what most people do. It's not about using people, it's about having the right contacts so that if there are mutually beneficial opportunities, you work together. It's what every business do. It doesn't mean she married someone to further her career, especially when he obviously isn't that big of deal in his own field.

Only potentially new info I got from the excerpts was mailing back the rings and taking the blender. Both of which I find just righteously petty enough that I hope they're true. :lol: After almost a decade together, Trevor is lucky she didn't take him for half.

I find the whole ring thing odd. Who returns their rings once they've been married? I know that people return engagement rings if they broke off an engagement. And I think by law, whoever paid for the engagement ring retains legal ownership until a marriage occurs. So in that sense, the rings were Meghan's property at that point. The only way I can imagine this happening is if Trevor did something and Meghan did that to make a point. However, given what we saw from the divorce agreement that was published after the news about Meghan and Harry came out, everything indicated a mutually amicable divorce. They didn't even involve lawyers, but just worked it out with a mediator and divided the property in a way that they both agreed on. So, if anyone treated anyone in a disrespectful manner during the marriage, I'd be shocked by how quickly the pettiness was over and how they can all of sudden behave like such adults during the divorce proceedings. :lol:

:previous:

The papers indicated Meghan served him and Trevor didn't fight it. The divorce went through pretty quickly it seems, so as much as they want to claim that Trevor was blinded, it would seem it really was of no surprise to either of them.

His ego probably was hurt more than anything. Also Meghan was with another man for 2 years. I don't see his friends talking about Corey. Is it because he was just a chef and the real issue is that Meghan nabbed a prince? :whistling:

:previous:

The papers indicated Meghan served him and Trevor didn't fight it. The divorce went through pretty quickly it seems, so as much as they want to claim that Trevor was blinded, it would seem it really was of no surprise to either of them.

His ego probably was hurt more than anything. Also Meghan was with another man for 2 years. I don't see his friends talking about Corey. Is it because he was just a chef and the real issue is that Meghan nabbed a prince? :whistling:

More like Andrew Morton couldn't find anyone that knew about her relationship with Corey because the people that knew (Mulroneys, Suits cast, Lindsay Jill Roth, Benita Litt, and you know the people that ARE in Meghan's life) are NOT TALKING.

Meghan listed the separation date as July 5th in the divorce documents, and she filed in August. By October, the judge has handed down an approval on the case and it was filed with the clerk. This is pretty rapid speed for a divorce proceeding. The only way for things to move that fast is if there is no contest and no obstacle in the settlement of property.

Last edited:
Perhaps Trevor asked her to return the rings, and she did. He is still, 5 years after the divorce, whining about the blender.

The narrative is so one sided, it's not even funny. Evil Meghan left Trevor, he had no clue why, and he practically found out they were divorced when he received her rings in the mail, and noticed that his beloved blender was missing.

Reactions: ACO
Trevor's not talking. He wasn't interviewed for the book. Morton is implying that he's still angry because he said I have nothing to say about Meghan, or essentially no comment, when the interview was requested. Trevor's pilot TV show on the other hand suggests he may still have an axe to grind or simply be looking for an opportunistic way to cash in on the relationship. Corey has also been silent with the exception of a post-engagement IG post that you could read something into. Now who knows if Trevor/Corey's friends weighed in on the book?

IMHO, if Trevor wasn't talking, we wouldn't know about Meghan allegedly returning the rings and the blender. He is smart enough to not talk himself, but using a friend to do the talking instead. If he didn't want the info about rings and blenders out there, his friends wouldn't talk either, we wouldn't know any of it.

:previous: True. That's fair. I also figured those are the kind of details Ninaki might have and she's part of Trevor's camp at this point.

IMHO, if Trevor wasn't talking, we wouldn't know about Meghan allegedly returning the rings and the blender. He is smart enough to not talk himself, but using a friend to do the talking instead. If he didn't want the info about rings and blenders out there, his friends wouldn't talk either, we wouldn't know any of it.

Although, to be fair, we don't know when this was told to a friend. If this was something he complained about when he was going through the divorce or shortly after while Meghan didn't have as high of a profile as she does now, we really can't judge him for it. And really, this isn't anything scandalous.

Its kind of ridiculous to think there are "camps" long after a divorce happened. It shouldn't even be a focal point in relating Meghan's life in the here and now. She's moved on. What was, was and has no bearing actually on the Meghan of today.

Its about as ridiculous as debating over and over again who cheated first. Charles or Diana. Its books and articles about this kind of stuff that keeps old garbage from decaying into compost.

My concern is that folks who are not royal watchers and thus do not have this factual background will see this dribble printed in papers and online and take it at face value :sad:. The veracity doesn't really matter, the UK media is building their case against Meghan, truth be damned. And they have that power because its not like Meghan can really respond. So the media can twist Morton's words and come up with an image to fit what they want.

When it comes down to it, the BRF needs the Media who are the ones who shape public perception. The media can and does taint public perception of public figures, including the BRF. Meghan can be the second coming, but if the media refuses to cover any good she does or does it with the snarky tone they do, that will influence how people see her and thus impact her ability to be effective in her role. Same with Harry.

Exactly what has been done with Charles for decades. :huh: So it is definitely an MO that has power to warp impressions.

I checked on Amazon and the book is on sale for 18.88 USD (27.00 regular price) and it's on pre order. So it's just a marketing tool to get this "bio" in all its forms. No reports of high sale volume of the book, probably because Morton and Amazon are asking people to pay around 20 bucks for stuff that was reported two months ago and you can read about it online for free.

Well, the other way to see this is that she tries to make good choices that fit in well with her life. And that as her life changed, those choices changed. I know I have always worked to not date/marry with someone who was outside my social circle and not confident about that. Because, that's just not kind to either party, in the long run. :whistling:

JMO - but that's far smarter than marring the same man (same kind of man, with the same strengths and weaknesses) every time. Or marrying a man like your Dad over and over.

Mutual friends introduced them. It's not as if she stalked the gates at KP to meet him.

I'm not a rabid Meghan supporter - but I am just so disappointed with a lot of the very high school level discussion of her motives, her family, her choices. Life is more complex than that.

The benefits of being a royal divorcee are not that great judging from Sarah and Diana. Meghan would probably be better off staying married to Harry as long as she can then. Besides, unlike some people who see her as an incredibly successful person, I. don’t see her acting career lasting much longer after Suits and she doesn’t have that many alternative career options. Marrying Harry is her best career choice at the moment and will remain so for a long time.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the mere fact that Meghan will be married to Harry provides the gift that keeps on giving. I found it interesting that Meghan must have married shortly before moving to Toronto for 'Suits' and that they both were confident that going by their previous relationship, the distance was not an issue.

But suddenly Meghan is living on her own and making her own decisions. Many media outlets have referred to Trevor has her mentor, if he was a controlling force in her life she may very well have felt liberated and confident. However, as Meghan’s fellow actor friend Abby Wathen said, ‘We both went through divorce, so we bonded on that too. “I was destroyed but she was empowered.
“She took her power back.

Not only is Andrew Morton a poor biographer, he also fails as a genealogist. He makes the claim that Meghan descends from Robert the Bruce:

"Through her ancestor Roger Shaw, Meghan’s trickle of blue blood was transported to America. The son of a wine merchant in the City of London, Shaw sailed from Plymouth to Massachusetts around 1637. Through Shaw’s family, who originated from Yorkshire, we find the link to royalty."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...g-robert-the-bruce-prince-harry-andrew-morton

This is based on numerous sources which state that Meghan's ancestor Roger Shaw was baptized at St. Peter's Cornhill on 1 September 1594, the son of Ralph Shaw, vintner.

Unbeknownst to Morton - sloppy researcher that he is - this theory was disproved by Edgar Allen Shaw in 2004. His research shows that Roger Shaw was identical to the Roger Shaw of Gawsworth, Cheshire whose children were baptized there from 1626-35.

See Edgar Joseph Shaw, "The English Origin of Roger and Ann Shaw of Cambridge, Massachusetts and Hampton, New Hampshire," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, vol. 158 (October 2004), pp. 309-18.

I for one will not waste my money on Morton's drivel.

OK time out and hold the phone! Morton is claiming that Meghan set a 17yr trap for Harry? Starting when she was 15!?!?!

The benefits of being a royal divorcee are not that great judging from Sarah and Diana. Meghan would probably be better off staying married to Harry as long as she can then. Besides, unlike some people who see her as an incredibly successful person, I. don’t see her acting career lasting much longer after Suits and she doesn’t have that many alternative career options. Marrying Harry is her best career choice at the moment and will remain so for a long time.

I have read similar views on Meghan's longevity as an actor in other places. :ermm: I think there is a misconstruction regarding acting as a career. In the US anyway. Success is not measured by whether you hit the (so-called) A-List, though it may for 'John Q Public'. That's all very nice if such happens but it is not necessarily a goal. Longevity as a character actor (sometimes morphing into Voice Over) is a valid career path (and usually far more interesting, in my view). Sometimes one gets involved in other aspects of the industry, like writing, or starting one's own production company, buying up scripts, etc., all of which starts to flesh out one's career path. (I see the same narrow lens used to judge Cressida Bonas' acting career: people tend to have a 'romanticized view of 'success', egged on by films such as 'La La Land').

Contrary to opinions expressed occasionally, the series 'Suits' surviving for 7 seasons (now going on to 8 seasons) is considered a very respectable run. It is a successful show. Meghan (as well as others in that show) would have had (as they will have) innumerable career opportunities to consider with such a solid series under her/their belt.

As in everything, it's all in what you make of one's choices and as far as I can tell Meghan was positioning herself for the long game (with her blog and fashion lines and charity work). Marrying Harry has been a drastic reversal of some carefully laid plans and considered initiatives. It's why I think Harry was a curve ball: Meghan was not looking to 'escape' into a marriage. This marriage does not 'save her' from a dull and dreary life prospect. It radically alters her plans and I am impressed that she has been willing to make the change. Suggests to me that there is something very 'real' happening between Harry and she.

Different perspective. :flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom