Luxembourg Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rayarena

Aristocracy
City
New York
Country
United States
I was looking at www.RTL.lu for film footage of the Luxembourg Royal family and to my delight, they had a report that was exclusively on Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. In this report, we are told that there is a published picture book out on the life the Grand Duchess with family photographs dating back to when she was a baby. I would love to get a copy of this book, but I live in the USA and I only speak English, while the interview is done in French, and the announcer at the end of the report speaks in Luxembourgian. So if at any ooint, they tell the public how to get a copy of this book entitled, "Grand Duchesse Maria Teresa une femme de cour engagee," I missed it. This report is available at:

http://www.rtl.lu/tele/videoarchiv/index.rtl?clip=/300K/82/2006/03/24/82_20060324_300K.wmv&startyear=

Does anybody know about this book and how I can order a copy? I appreciate any help.

Thanks so much.

Try searching Amazon to start...I know that a while back they carried the Reuter book about Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, so they may have it [or if not, may be able to get it for you].

I checked but did not see anything. That would be a great collection to have!

Amazon didn't have it? Wow....*scratches head*
eBay, maybe? I truly don't know where it could be obtained easily.

Try also www.abebooks.com. They have many international books that are available from around the world (individuals as well as bookstores), so you can pick the book you want from various buyers.

I was able to find an English version of Queen Frederika of Greece's book as well as a some commemorative wedding coffee table books.

Hello and thank you Suturegeisha!

It would be great if you could tell us how to get that book on Maria Teresa!And you say that there was another one with Henri, too? Wow! I love to get that one too! Please let us know. I searched Amazon.com and it's not there. I tried abebooks.com too as well as alibris.com. Nothing!

I would love to be able to have the Great Duquesa María Teresa book, in this it paginates, of wort.lu, is comment on the book, please if somebody knew as being able to buy the book, say it, please, I wanted to have it, I was in Luxemburg, and that book was not, because it left but it takes with reason of the Great Duquesa María Teresa 50 anniversary.Here I put you the comment, but this in German.
:)

Maria Teresa - Engagement mit Herz

Neuerscheinung bei den éditions saint-paul

Letzte Aktualisierung: 22-03-2006 13:53

An der Seite von Großherzog Henri setzt sich Maria Teresa sowohl auf nationalem Niveau als auch auf internationalem Parkett für die Belange sozialer Randgruppen ein. Dabei hat die Großherzogin dank ihrer Spontaneität und Offenheit den neuen Stil des Herrscherhauses entscheidend mitgeprägt.

"Maria Teresa - Engagement mit Herz - Une femme de coeur engagée", 110 Fotos, Format 22 x 28 cm, Broschüre, 96 Seiten, deutschsprachige Version: ISBN 2-87963-610-8, französischsprachige Version (Übersetzung: Gaston Carré ): ISBN 2-87963-611-6, Preis 15 Euro. Man bekommt das Buch im Fachhandel oder kann es durch eine Überweisung von 15 Euro auf das BCEE -Konto saint-paul luxembourg LU61 0019 1300 6666 4000 (unter Angabe des Titels / dt. und/oder frz. Ausgabe) bestellen. Dieser Betrag schließt die Zustellungskosten ein.

Mutter, Ehefrau, First Lady und Botschafterin Luxemburgs in der Welt: Großherzogin Maria Teresa bringt scheinbar spielend all diese Pflichten unter einen Hut - und findet dabei noch ausreichend Zeit, sozial benachteiligte Menschen zu unterstützen .

Wie die Autorin Tessy Glodt ausführlich beschreibt, war bereits bei der prunkvollen Hochzeit des erbgroßherzoglichen Paares am Valentinstag 1981 erkennbar, dass die gebürtige Kubanerin Maria Teresa Mestre spontan auf die Menschen zuzugehen vermochte.

Neuer Stil

Wie sich später zeigte, legt Maria Teresa zusammen mit ihrem Mann, Großherzog Henri, großen Wert auf eine altersgerechte und bodenständige Erziehung ihrer fünf Kinder Guillaume, Félix, Louis, Alexandra und Sébastien .

Darüber hinaus engagiert sich die Großherzogin mit vollem Einsatz in unterschiedlichen Aufgabenfeldern ? beispielsweise als Präsidentin des Roten Kreuzes in Luxemburg und der Fondation luxembourgeoise contre le cancer für die Gesundheitsprävention sowie als UNESCO-Botschafterin des Guten Willens für ein friedliches Miteinander in der Welt.

Der reich illustrierte Bildband, der sowohl in einer deutsch- als auch einer französischsprachigen Ausgabe vorliegt, zeichnet die zahlreichen Staatsbesuche und Stippvisiten des großherzoglichen Paares anschaulich nach. Gerade bei den Begegnungen mit namhaften Persönlichkeiten zeigt sich, dass Maria Teresa genau wie ihr Mann stets bestrebt ist, weiterhin die Kontinuität des heimischen Herrscherhauses zu verkörpern, gleichzeitig aber auch versucht, die entspannten Umgangsformen einer modernen Monarchie zu leben .

Dear Virnabrisa,

Thank's so much for posting the information on how to buy a copy of the book on the Grand Duchess. I don't read German, but I did a babelfish translation [http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr ] on the computer, and I got an arkward translation back which I can sort of make out, but it is still confusing. The important part--that I am copying and pasting below-- is the one how how to buy the book. Here is what the translation says:

"Maria Teresa - commitment with heart - Une femme de coeur engagée", 110 photos, format 22 x 28 cm, brochure, 96 sides, German-language version: ISBN 2-87963-610-8, franzoesischsprachige version (translation: Gas clay/tone Carré): ISBN 2-87963-611-6, price 15 euro. One gets the book in the specialized trade or can it by a transfer of 15 euro on the BCEE account saint paul luxembourg LU61 0019 1300 6666 4000 (under indication of the title/dt. and/or frz. expenditure) order.

Can you explain what this means? What is a BCEE account saint paul luxembourg LU61 0019 1300 6666 4000. Is that a telephone number that one has to call in order to buy the book? Can somebody tell me what a BCEE account is. Sorry for all of these questions, but I'm an American and I'm not familiar with the way that things are done in Europe or with these terms.

Thanks again!

Of anything, I neither understand it, me one doesn't eat to be able to buy the book, and neither I know anybody that is from Luxemburg to speak with the or with her, for a possible help, I would pay what was, to be able to have that book, again of anything, and he/she would thank if somebody could lend me a help.:):)

There's nothing really much on this book except for the fact there are two versions; a French and a German one. BCEE is a bank in Luxembourg (I assume) and Saint-Paul looks like a printing house. Maybe it's who is publishing/printing the book? Not sure, but I think that's where you get it from. You can get either the French or German version from them, and if my translation is correct (which I doubt it - so if someone can correct, please do so), the delivery costs are included in the 15 Euro. There's an address for Saint Paul, so if you want to write to them, you might get some more information. Maybe you can also send them a money order for 15 Euro and you can get the book that way.

2, rue Christophe Plantin
L-2988 Luxembourg
Luxembourg

Oh, I've found an email address too: regie@saint-paul.lu I don't know if that is the right place to contact, but if it isn't, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Yes, Thanks so much for that info!

I, also, want to thank you for the information.

Last edited:
Is there a website in english were we could also purchase it because I didn't quite understand how to buy it there.

Wow Lindy! I'm impressed with your detective work! Thanks a million for finding that website for us! Now echoing Kelly's question is there information in English on purchasing this book? I only speak English so it's kind of tough. It says 15 euros, but I wouldn't even know how much to add for cross Atlantic mailing, what type of payment do they accept? I hope that they accept more than just Euros.

Again thanks!

Opps! Nevermind on the last question vis-a-vis payment. I see that they accept credit cards.. [smile]

I was about to purchase the book when I figured out that the US is not a country were they deliver! Is there another publisher that sells this book?

Books about the members of Luxembourg royal house

Title: Grande-Duchesse Joséphine Charlotte

Title: Grand-Duc Henri 50

Title: Maria Teresa
Author: Glodt, Tessy

van Hoogstraten Online Shop

Books about the members of the Luxembourg royal house

Título: "LE GRAND-DUC JEAN"
Autores: Jean WEIRICH / Lé SIBENALER
éditions saint-paul
ISBN 10 : 2-87963-311-7
http://www.editions.lu/editions-book-187.html

“GRAND-DUC HENRI 50, Un Grand-Duc du 21e siècle”
éditions saint-paul
ISBN 10 : 2-87963-537-3
http://www.editions.lu/editions-book-78.html

“GRANDE-DUCHESSE JOSÉPHINE-CHARLOTTE”
1927-2005 Repères d'une vie
éditions saint-paul
ISBN 10 : 2-87963-524-1
http://www.editions.lu/editions-book-74.html

“MARIA TERESA, une femme de coeur engagée”
by Tessy Glodt
éditions saint-paul
ISBN 10 : 2-87963-611-6
http://www.editions.lu/editions-book-193.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif]book: "Henri & Maria Teresa"
Raymond Reuter, Danielle BossaertLuxembourg
Luxnews, 1997.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

book: "La famille grand ducale"
Manuel Dias
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans serif]Schortgen Editions[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Familia gran ducal de Luxemburgo | Actualidad :: Foros Realeza

Back
Top Bottom