"Kongen og dronningen af Grønland" by Trine Villemann (2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Country
United States
Courtesy of SOH.dk.

"Kongen og dronningen af Grønland(The King and the Queen of Greenland-Trine Villemann- to be published(released) on 11th May 2009-(in Danish)."

Se og Hor.dk has an article about the book.

Courtesy of Msn.dk-Starlounge.

The article has an interview with Trine Villeman about her new book. She discusses CP Frederik and CPss Mary and speaks about Michelle Obama and that recent scandalous danish couple.

Msn.dk starlounge has the entire article interview.

Quotations taken from the current edition of the Australian Women's Weekly

"Mary is busy exhibiting her large social heart, but also showing her even larger designer wardrobe," Trine sniped to Danish website MSN Starlounge.

"The royal couple represents... that vulgar culture of just getting as much as possible. Mary does not hesitate to swindle her position as princess and she offers our old monarchy to the highest bidder in her pursuits.

"While Michelle Obama plants an organic vegetable patch in the gardens of the White House, our Crown Princess flies off on a private jet on one of her holidays."

Her previous attempts to make those of us here believe that she has nothing against the Crown Princess, per say, were transparent then, and remain as such now. This woman has taken a clear and considerably aggressive disliking toward Crown Princess Mary, as is now more evident than ever.

And drawing comparisons between Mrs Obama and the Crown Princess is as nonsensical as any comparsion can be. It makes no sense whatsoever.

This woman certainly has an axe to grind; though seems to be the only one. It says alot!

I agree Madame Royale; her continued efforts to milk the cow (the Danish royals) are becoming still more pathetic.

I agree Madame Royale; her continued efforts to milk the cow (the Danish royals) are becoming still more pathetic.

The Danish Royals milk the Danish ppl, Trine milks the Danish Royals, some Greek enterpreneurs milk Trine...where is the problem ;)
In the end all those actions are limited by the approval of the ppl. If they like her new book, she might go on, if not, she will stop...

Not to anybody in particular but perhaps we can try to be civil and avoid personally attacking the author of the book and wait until it is released so we can discuss what is actually written.

I like the fact that The Haral Sun starts the article with the words: "The book claims.........." and use the last half of the article to write about their own journalistic test of the claims.

A test that - not surprising to me - ends up refuting the claims:
....."the couple appear to maintain overwhelming public support. In a recent survey for Danish tabloid BT, 83 per cent of Danes thought Mary was doing a good job and 73 per cent believed she was ready to be queen. An earlier survey of 23,000 people in Denmark found Mary was the most popular member of the royal family. A vast majority of people surveyed also believed Frederik was ready to take over from his mother, Queen Margrethe, 69. And royal watchers argue that contrary to Villemann's claims, Frederik and Mary are genuinely close".

I like it when a newspaper is testing the validity of a source instead of just blindly retelling a story which might be nothing but fiction. That is what genuine journalism is about.

Sorry to have to delete posts guys but this thread is about the book, not about Trine or about the situation in Denmark.
How about we wait until we know something about the contents of the book before discussing the pros and cons.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Library moderator

Apparently there's been a review of the book (not a very complimentary one) by Karen Margrethe Schelin, of the Danish national daily “Berlingske Tidende” (politically centre-right), published May 14th 2009. The book got one star out of a possible six. For Danish speakers, the review is here:

Royale udgydelser - Bøger

One of our Danish-speaking members has very kindly translated the article into English, and here are a few exerpts.

”I understand that it has been difficult for Trine Villemann to piece together her new royal gossip book “The King and Queen of Greenland”. So once again she had to turn to conspiracy theories and homemade conclusions which point in every conceivable direction!"

"The one moment Crown Prince Frederik needs to lose his political virginity, the next he is being attacked for running for the IOC."

"After reading the book it is evident why Politiken Publishers got cold feet and decided against publishing the book, in spite of having published Villemann’s embarrassing “1015-Copenhagen K”."

GALA: Inhaltsverzeichnis - Service auf Gala.de

I just read through the german version of GALA at the station where an interview with Trine Villeman is included. Advertising her new book, she critizises M&F for their lack of substance and dedication. She doesn't stop with the danish couple though but does a rant on the young generation in general, who fail to become role models as their parents did (only excluding Haakon & MM who have the "authentic" touch). She does have a point there, many young people in monarchic countries couldn't care less about the institution, not only in Denmark.

Maybe somebody from Germany has more detailed infos or even a scan as the last mag on earth I'd buy would be GALA. It's full of lies, even worse than BUNTE.

This review has been withdrawn

Apparently there's been a review of the book (not a very complimentary one) by Karen Margrethe Schelin, of the Danish national daily “Berlingske Tidende” (politically centre-right), published May 14th 2009. The book got one star out of a possible six. For Danish speakers, the review is here:

Royale udgydelser - Bøger

One of our Danish-speaking members has very kindly translated the article into English, and here are a few exerpts.

”I understand that it has been difficult for Trine Villemann to piece together her new royal gossip book “The King and Queen of Greenland”. So once again she had to turn to conspiracy theories and homemade conclusions which point in every conceivable direction!"

"The one moment Crown Prince Frederik needs to lose his political virginity, the next he is being attacked for running for the IOC."

"After reading the book it is evident why Politiken Publishers got cold feet and decided against publishing the book, in spite of having published Villemann’s embarrassing “1015-Copenhagen K”."
Hi Elspeth,
Berlingske Tidende has withdrawn this review because Karen Margrethe Schelin completely misquoted the content of the book. I have also had a correction in the paper and the review has been removed from Berlingske's website. I hope you are well!

Could you give us a link to the page with the correction so we can get the whole story here? Thanks!

Last edited:
Kongen og dronningen af grØnland

Could you give us a link to the page with the correction so we can get the whole story here? Thanks!

Sorry, no link available as Berlingske never posts corrections online, but you can check for yourself that Mrs Schelins incorrect review is no longer available on berlingske.dk

Once again guys, this is a book-review topic. If there is nothing to say about the contents of the book there will be nothing to post.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Library moderator

Back
Top Bottom