"Journey Through Life" by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge (2002) [Crown Prince Frederik of DK]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was written to try to cope with the extreme popularity of the Crownprince and the endless demand in Denmark for knowledge about him.

Does anyone know if it is sold in English and if I could buy it here in the US?

Originally posted by Theilmann+May 18th, 2004 - 7:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Theilmann @ May 18th, 2004 - 7:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lutefisk7@May 18th, 2004 - 9:32 am
Does anyone know if it is sold in English and if I could buy it here in the US?
You might try www.eurohistory.com they have a bookstore. The author is Anne Wolden-Raethinge called Ninka. [/b][/quote]
I could not find it, do you know if it is translated to German?

WOW! those photos are amazing. Thank You, THank You, THank You!

Using Nikolai in PR

This book was mentioned a few years ago...but left incomplete (this was before it was confirmed he was going to marry Mary)...and it was already then speculated it would be completed after his marriage. At that time, he was single (and dating all sorts of "unsuitable" ladies whom his mom didn´t approve).
The pics with Nikolai projecting Fred as a doting uncle and "family man" , as opposed to a playboy with "wrong" girlfriends, was, to my mind, "using " Nikolai. It´s true Nikolai is his god-son and nephew, but since his marrying Mary, he doesn´t even look at Nikolai. The last Queen M´s birthday on the balcony scene, and Hendrik´s birthday etc, etc, showed a Fred who doesn´t even notice his nephew is there.
I think it´s magnanimous of Alex and Joachim (they have no choice of course), to "lend" Nikolai for PR shots. Now that there is a CP Mary who is for the time being popular, no one really cares too much about the 2 princes (especially since A and J are divorcing). That´s the real life of being a royal; duties and not much gratitude. It´s not nice being the "spare" and his family.

Xandra said:
This book was mentioned a few years ago...but left incomplete (this was before it was confirmed he was going to marry Mary)...and it was already then speculated it would be completed after his marriage. At that time, he was single (and dating all sorts of "unsuitable" ladies whom his mom didn´t approve).
The pics with Nikolai projecting Fred as a doting uncle and "family man" , as opposed to a playboy with "wrong" girlfriends, was, to my mind, "using " Nikolai. It´s true Nikolai is his god-son and nephew, but since his marrying Mary, he doesn´t even look at Nikolai. The last Queen M´s birthday on the balcony scene, and Hendrik´s birthday etc, etc, showed a Fred who doesn´t even notice his nephew is there.
I think it´s magnanimous of Alex and Joachim (they have no choice of course), to "lend" Nikolai for PR shots. Now that there is a CP Mary who is for the time being popular, no one really cares too much about the 2 princes (especially since A and J are divorcing). That´s the real life of being a royal; duties and not much gratitude. It´s not nice being the "spare" and his family.

I have this book on my book bookshelf, it was published in 2002 - after Frederik had met Mary, but before the engagement. Ninka / Anne Wolden-Ræthinge has made several interviews with all members of the royal family, including a book on Queen Margrethe translated into English. I guess the purpose of these books is to give people a change to "get to know" the royals through their words and not only from their pictures. I can only speak for myself, but I for sure love every single one of them.

The last pictures of Frederik and Nikolai playing together were taken at Prince Henrik's birthday in june last year. It was not a photosession, but some photographers used their lenses to get pictures of Frederik, Nikolai, Joachim and Felix playing on the lawn. I'm sure you will be able to find some of them in this forum.

I've attached a photo of the cover of 'Rejse i Livet'

Attachments

• rejse i livet.jpg
    rejse i livet.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for your info, Chatleen. My comments were based on my personal perceptions. If Fred really dotes on Nikolai, it´s great. They look so similar!

Can some one fine these photos of frederik and his brother and nikolai please.
billie-jo

billie-jo said:
Can some one fine these photos of frederik and his brother and nikolai please.
billie-jo

The pictures are in this very thread. Just look on page 1.

Genevieve,

I think Billie -Jo meant what Chatleen said were the 4 princes playing on the lawn during Hendrik´s birthday. The photos on this forum (page 1 ) are all posed photos...although made to look casual. But can´t fool me.
The photos of Nik and Felix during Hendrik´s birthday that I´ve seen showed only the 2 kids together..no doting uncle in sight.

Back
Top Bottom