Imperial Family of Iran

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iansari

City
Nice
Country
France
Mon pere, mon frere, les Shahs d'Iran

As you may know, His Imperial Highness prince Gholam Reza Pahlavi, brother of the late Shah of Iran, published a book "Mon pere, mon frere, les Shahs d'Iran" (My father, my brother Kings of Iran) in French.

I am around for few days, if you have any question, I may be able to answer, as I interviewed Prince Gholam Reza for the book.

http://www.fnac.com/1625532/rcwwwa/...Reza-Pahlavi-Iman-Ansari-Patrick-Germain.html

And here is what His Imperial Majesty, Empress Farah Pahlavi thinks about the book:
http://www.farahpahlavi.org/mairie16.html

Regards

Iman Ansari

Last edited by a moderator:
IN ENGLISH:

A TESTIMONY FOR the HISTORY MY FATHER, MY BROTHER, SHAHS Of IRAN BY PRINCE GHOLAM REZA PAHLAVI

Thursday February 24, 2005, at the Town hall of the 16th district of Paris, was introduced to the book of Its Imperial Highness Prince Gholam Reza PAHLAVI: "My Father, My Brother, Shahs of Iran", discussions with Iman ANSARI and GERMAN Patrick, in the presence of His Majesty the Empress Farah PAHLAVI, of Mr Pierre Christian TAITTINGER, former Minister, Mayor of the 16th district, the Professor Bernard DEBRE, Deputy of the 15e district of Paris, and many French and Iranian personalities.

SHORT SPEECH OF HM EMPRESS FARAH PAHLAVI

Mister the Mayor, Dear Mr TAITTINGER,
I would like to very sincerely thank you for your so generous friendship during all these years. At the time of the difficult and painful moments, you and Mrs TAITTINGER supported always me and helped. The friendship that you testified to me me often comforted and recalled that this feeling, so much of time galvaudé, had for you all his value and all its significance. Today, at the time of the publication of the memories of the Prince Gholam Reza PAHLAVI, my brother-in-law, we find ourselves, once again, in this town hall where you have us, my family and me, so often accomodated. Without any doubt the circumstances are different, less heavy, less dramatic, but the exit of this book, this testimony, gives in the topicality the recent pages, often exceptional, but so difficult of the contemporary history of Iran which, of 1924 to 1979, lives to build a large stable country, respected, jalousé and moving. Prince Gholam Reza speaks to us in all knowledge about cause about Reza Shah the Large one, founder of dynasty PAHLAVI, his father, and of Mohammad Reza PAHLAVI, fire his brother. Its testimony is the vision of a man who knew the ran at the time when Reza Shah the Large one, officer left the rows of the army, unified the country, pacified the tribes, launched the first administrative and social reforms and founded dynasty PAHLAVI. A man who knew Iran to the ridge of his power recognized before undergoing the forfeiture of the revolution known as "Islamic". The glance of Prince Gholam Reza is objective, without kindness, it is the glance of a man who knew Iran of the interior close of the capacity with his reality and his difficulties. It knew well his father, his brother and just as easily the feelings of Iranian. It expresses with sincerity and courage what others think low. This testimony is important because it has supported also the cry of people oppressed and abused for twenty six years. I am grateful to the Prince to have testified without back thought, in all objectivity, over this period of the history of our country and to have put forward the feelings that many of my compatriots feel today. I thank it and am very touched for the pages that it devoted me in its book, and especially with Leila, my daughter, who are not any more among us, a niece for whom it had much affection. Despite everything that we underwent, we know us to them Iranian, men, women of all social conditions which we sowed of good seeds and which those will carry one day their fruits. I am convinced that radiant following days prepare and that the light will overcome darkness.

Hi, Dear hilal thank you for this wonderful note. Could you please pass my message to HM (Shahbanooh ) Farah Pahlavi
I have just read this and I feel somewhat overwhelmed by sadness I have no idea why but I just want to say thank you. for being so heartfelt with passion, I wish you all well being and happiness for as long as you shall live for you are a good seed.
My kindest gratitude.
[FONT=&quot]Ramin[/FONT]

Books about the Imperial Family of Iran

Hello!! What book about the Imperial Family of Iran (Pahlavi) do you know?

I have:

-Memorias desde el exilio (Princess Ashraf Pahlavi).
-Memorias (Empress Farah Pahlavi).
-Alam's Diary (the diary of the Minister of the Imperial Court).
-Farah, Shahbanou of Iran (By Lesley Blanch).
-The Shah's last ride (by William Shawcross)
-Soraya (By a German writer).
-The catalogue of the objects that were auctioned in Paris when Princess Soraya died.
-Mi gloria y mi caída (Shah Reza Pahlavi).

And I haver order three books more (at least :D).

Regards!!

Abbas Milani 'The Shah' - published Nov 2010

Q: The royal family did not agree to be interviewed for the book. How would it have been different if they had decided to do so?

A: Well, I think it would be a different book certainly. Particularly two members of the royal family that I was very interested in interviewing and I made repeated efforts to do it. One was the Shah's twin sister, Ashraf, and the other one was the Queen.

There are moments in the Shah's life that only these people know the details of. I can find the documentary traces for them but the emotional context for those decisions could have only been provided by them.- Interview with Abbas Milani

Book review is here and here.

The Shah: A poisonous legacy that haunts Iran

The fate of the last shah of Iran, ousted by a populist uprising in 1979, should have served to warn the leaders of those Arab countries now being swept by the tide of change.
This fascinating biography by an Iranian-American scholar is also a reminder of the shah's only half-thwarted ambition for Iran to succeed Britain as the Gulf's dominant power - expressed in his support in the Sixties for Yemen's royal family, Iran's decisive injection of men and equipment to end the Dhofar rebellion in Oman and, on the eve of the foundation of the UAE, its seizure of the islands of Abu Musa and the Greater and Lesser Tunbs, triggering a territorial dispute that rumbles on to this day. - Source

Hi everyone!

Anyone read/has book "The Shah" by Abbas Milani. What´s your opinion on it?

Actually I am writing my bachelor thesis about the rule of two Pahlavis shahs, I think that Milani's book would be appropriate source for it - I read reviews of this book and from what I know I think it would be valuable to use it in my work (Milani is political scientist, iranologist and he lived in Iran when Mohammed Reza was shah)... the problem is: in Czech republic where I live this book isn't in any library and I canť find any website where could I download it. Can anyone help? I need it for study purposes, not for pleasure (ok it is also pleasure, that's why I study it, cause it interest me) and it is of course impossible to buy every book I need and canť find in library...:sad:

Hello!! What book about the Imperial Family of Iran (Pahlavi) do you know?

I have:

-Memorias desde el exilio (Princess Ashraf Pahlavi).
-Memorias (Empress Farah Pahlavi).
-Alam's Diary (the diary of the Minister of the Imperial Court).
-Farah, Shahbanou of Iran (By Lesley Blanch).
-The Shah's last ride (by William Shawcross)
-Soraya (By a German writer).
-The catalogue of the objects that were auctioned in Paris when Princess Soraya died.
-Mi gloria y mi caída (Shah Reza Pahlavi).

And I haver order three books more (at least :D).

Regards!!

Don't see "Answer to history" on your list. It was written byl Mohammed Reza Pahlavi in exile, he also wrote book about White Revolution earlier when he was the monarch...
Actually I'm readind Shawcross - well it is interesting but I expected more after reading his Queen Mother. Also interesting is Afkhami's "The life and times of the Shah" - there is plenty of information not only about the shah but also about in Iran under his and his father's reign.

Back
Top Bottom