"Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire" by Amanda Foreman (2000)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was an excellent book! And yes, the similiarities between Diana and Georgiana were interesting and somewhat erie.

Its must have been a serious conflict to be a woman interested in politics during her time period. And how about the media....they were just as critical then as they are now.

kelly9480 said:
Usually, though, the location cited in the title reflects on some family connection to the location, like the Duke of Westminster owns chunks of Westminster, though he lives in Cheshire.

The parkland that is owned by the Duke of Devonshire is around 1000 acres, whilst the garden is 105 acres. Also belonging to Chatsworth is a 8 mile stretch of river stretching through the Dales. The famous waterworks include the twenty four steps of Cascade, which falls 200 yards down the hill and ends in a magnificent fountain it is the tallest gravity fed fountain in the world, capable of reaching 298 feet.
They also own properties in London and throughout the Peak District. :)

I have been fortunate enough to visit Chatsworth several times. It´s one of the most magnificent places I´ve ever seen. Did this Duchess live there as well?

Back
Top Bottom