Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought... Don't you think that especially Meghan seemed to be very focused on fighting with the media, writing a book, changing the world, being seen the proper way and dealing with lots of negative emotions while Archie is so young? I just feel that M&H spent way too much time on negativity, dwelling in it instead of enjoying their kid. They just don't seem to be happy or too occupied.

I don't claim to know. But I think that this feud just kept getting worse and it should have been nipped in the bud. I think the royals do get access to media or the courtiers do. And I think it would not have hurt to try to refute criticism of Meghan by showing more support. Just my thoughts.

You are obviously new, but KP did protect Meghan to the best of their abilities.
Several rumors were denied by them, some were not- as it was pointed: it is hard to deny something if it is the truth.

The family did what they do, they protected her as best as possible given the circumstances.

Reactions: Fem
Exactly. There's a lot of things that just don't add up for me. How it was then is portrayed as totally something different now? Changing the narrative to suit a purpose never is a good tactic if you want to actually be taken seriously.

Is it perhaps the audience they're trying to reach with this book is presumed to be totally in the dark and uninformed about all the events in the book and how things went down and they're just now coming to light. I think this is what is confusing those of us who have followed Harry's relationship since the news first broke that they were a couple. A lot of "I don't remember it being *that* way at all". ?

But this is it. first Harry was saying that everyone in the RF loved her, even the dogs... and then there was the persistent story that Will had been cool about her and Harry thought he was being a snob.. and that some royal had called her a showgirl...In spite of the "Oh Meg loves the family' and they love her and they're nicer than her own family."

This is due IMO to Harry's tendency to chatter away and say things and not relaise that people WILL remember that he said something completely different at another stage..

Last edited:
You are obviously new, but KP did protect Meghan to the best of their abilities.
Several rumors were denied by them, some were not- as it was pointed: it is hard to deny something if it is the truth.

The family did what they do, they protected her as best as possible given the circumstances.

Not only that, The Sussexes also hired an American PR agency called Sunshine Sachs, which is quite a strange choice for British royals.

This is due IMO to Harry's tendency to chatter away and say things and not relaise that people WILL remember that he said something completely different at another stage..

Add onto what Harry says at one point off the cuff to something that he said three years later in passing and on top of that, scoop in all the stories reported by third parties that heard it from the cow who heard it from the pig that the horse said and you end up with a bunch of chatter that nobody can understand or get straight. Then bake in a warm oven of bias and opinion for a few weeks and you have a perfect recipe for CONFUSION.

A new mother should be given the benefit of the doubt. I recall getting very nervous when anyone else - including my own mother – picked up my baby, so I can believe that the incident with the first nanny was either justified or an understandable overreaction.

However, when one person has conflicts with multiple people, at some point, we have to acknowledge that the problem is not with everyone else. Harry and Meghan seem to have gone through several staff members. I don’t recall any rumors that Harry was difficult before his marriage, so I think it is safe to assume that it was Meghan who was having a hard time managing the staff. I suspect that Meghan had never dealt with full-time employees before. As an actress, she had managers, agents, stylists, etc., but no one who worked for her exclusively. My assumption is that Harry was so eager to give Meghan support that he failed to help her adjust.

With respect to Charles being more supportive, I am not sure what he could have done. I seem to recall that the broadcaster who tweeted the chimp picture was fired, so what else should have happened to him. Moreover, as we have seen with Charles and Andrew, responding to the media can sometimes backfire, so silence is often the best course.

Regarding whether Charles should have mediated the dispute between Harry and William, as others have stated, Harry and William are adults and should be able to work out any issues between themselves. I suspect that this book is not really a major source of friction right now. I doubt the royal family is happy, but there are literally hundreds of critical books out there. The “revelations” in this one are pretty mild and really don’t paint the royal family in a negative light.

The purchase of the house indicates that Harry and Meghan are not planning to spend much time in the UK right now but, I don’t think that they’ve burned all their bridges. Personally, I think Harry is the one who wanted to leave and if he wants to come back, Meghan will follow. To return, they should simply do the opposite of what they did when they left: No big announcements. Start spending more time in the UK, make a few appearances for their charities, gradually increasing the frequency until they are effectively full-time. If they work hard, I am sure that the royal family and the majority of the British public will be happy to have them back.

YesC and Diana and Charles went and did the same thing to their sons via war of the Waleses.

Given Harry childhood, and his adult behavior, given Meghan own behavior regarding family, any family, i hazard that the Sussex divorce - when it arrives- will be just as bad.

Well Diana loved her children but there were issues. Firing nannies, jealous fits. I mean did she think of her children before Diana her True Story. Before panorama.

Anyway it seems William is breaking the cycle and is giving his children a good childhood.

DAILY UPDATE ON BOOK.

Most of this is feelings about the book

She doesn't condemn her father and there is a great deal of truth in it. The media broke him down. However, I do think more support could have been offered to him and they left him open to the persistancy of the media.

The level of consumerism is disgusting. Private jets, the food, the homes, the vacuousness, the celebrities is sickening. The amount of celebrities they invited to the small evening do is sickening. How well do they know these people. The Skippy friend didn't get an invite...for merely offering advice it seems. And him and a load of Eton friends apparently said they lost Harry. I think they did to this vacuous life.

The Kate incident. Kate and Meghan were stressed...that is all that's said.

Meghan is amazing. Everyone things so. Harry does some good things too.

The Melissa thing stinks to high heaven because apparently they were dissatisfied with her anyway.

No one defended them but they defended Kate over the baby botox. Heavy hints that all the offices are competitive and basically they think KP leaked on them.

There is nothing about anyone else here. Nothing about what any of the people she encounters are like. These hugely important people. I mean Jacinta Arden thinks Meghan is amazing. What did Meghan think of her. One of the few female world leaders. If she is so into gender empowerment. Why wouldn't you mention Meghan's thoughts on her. The only people mentioned are the extremely famous and when they said something about Meghan.

Serena William's Mum apparently said they were so proud of Meghan a d everything she achieved. I mean what did she achieve? I mean out of the ordinary. She got herself on an alright TV show. Well that is good for an actress. She started a vacuous lifestyle blog on the back of that and it was successful. She did some charity work. I don't see that as being so big. Basically she married a prince.

I do give Meghan credit for that tour when she was pregnant. She works hard. Really hard.

Yes they mentioned the pregnancy at the wedding. Eugenie told a friend she was upset. Yeah think. No justification given.

Overall I actually am left with very little of the good in Meghan. I do think she worked hard. Tried. Put in her research. Gave a good show
. But this book does nothing but increase the impression she is vacuous, difficult, lacking self awareness, vain and attention seeking. Of course she can be all of these things.

Last edited:
A new mother should be given the benefit of the doubt. I recall getting very nervous when anyone else - including my own mother – picked up my baby, so I can believe that the incident with the first nanny was either justified or an understandable overreaction.

Ho

Wi

The purchase of the house indicates that Harry and Meghan are not planning to spend much time in the UK right now but, I don’t think that they’ve burned all their bridges. Personally, I think Harry is the one who wanted to leave and if he wants to come back, Meghan will follow. To return, they should simply do the opposite of what they did when they left: No big announcements. Start spending more time in the UK, make a few appearances for their charities, gradually increasing the frequency until they are effectively full-time. If they work hard, I am sure that the royal family and the majority of the British public will be happy to have them back.
I dont think they will be welcomed back. Most people are indifferent,,, some will be ardent fans, but a lot of people who are royalty followers will almost certainly feel that this book and their behavior since they left is a sign that they weren't a good fit for royal duties..
Re the nanny yes new mothers are nervous and so are new fathers and its possible that this was a bit of bad luck.. However it seems to me extremely unlikely that a month nurse, hired presumably form a good agency, was so bad at her job that she had to be fired during the night. I could understand a small problem or fault escalating into a row.. and the parents feeling that they didn't like her, didn't feel happy with her and wanted her to go...
But surely "not that night". I can't believe that a nurse checked out by all sorts of people was going to be so bad that they could not say "Look we're not happy because you did X and we dot think its working out.. so we're giving a weeks notice.." At least that way, baby was looked after and they hd a week to find a new nanny who was more to their liking,

Add onto what Harry says at one point off the cuff to something that he said three years later in passing and on top of that, scoop in all the stories reported by third parties that heard it from the cow who heard it from the pig that the horse said and you end up with a bunch of chatter that nobody can understand or get straight. Then bake in a warm oven of bias and opinion for a few weeks and you have a perfect recipe for CONFUSION.

No the confusion is resulting from Harry sayng different things at different times, whch contradict each other..

I dont think they will be welcomed back. Most people are indifferent,,, some will be ardent fans, but a lot of people who are royalty followers will almost certainly feel that this book and their behavior since they left is a sign that they weren't a good fit for royal duties..
Re the nanny yes new mothers are nervous and so are new fathers and its possible that this was a bit of bad luck.. However it seems to me extremely unlikely that a month nurse, hired presumably form a good agency, was so bad at her job that she had to be fired during the night. I could understand a small problem or fault escalating into a row.. and the parents feeling that they didn't like her, didn't feel happy with her and wanted her to go...
But surely "not that night". I can't believe that a nurse checked out by all sorts of people was going to be so bad that they could not say "Look we're not happy because you did X and we dot think its working out.. so we're giving a weeks notice.." At least that way, baby was looked after and they hd a week to find a new nanny who was more to their liking,

I think everyone would agree that is better without them. You can love someone and still admit that their exit has made life more harmonious. The Sussexes were increasingly toxic before the exit. Life is calmer without them.

I do think that Harry would be welcomed back by his family. But once his father is gone, and if he is still estranged, because it is an estrangement really, then that will be it for him and the family. But Charles, given the genes could live a other 30 years.

There is nothing about anyone else here. Nothing about what any of the people she encounters are like. These hugely important people. I mean Jacinta Arden thinks Meghan is amazing. What did Meghan think of her. One of the few female world leaders. If she is so into gender empowerment. Why wouldn't you mention Meghan's thoughts on her. The only people mentioned are the extremely famous and when they said something about Meghan.

It's interesting that authors apparently didn't know how Meghan felt. That would seem to say that she didn't share her thoughts with her friends, even though she overshared on other occasions. Taken in the best light, she was being discrete about her more high profile meetings. It could also be that she didn't think meeting these people was that important, which supports your vacuous theory.

I think everyone would agree that is better without them. You can love someone and still admit that their exit has made life more harmonious. The Sussexes were increasingly toxic before the exit. Life is calmer without them.

I do think that Harry would be welcomed back by his family. But once his father is gone, and if he is still estranged, because it is an estrangement really, then that will be it for him and the family. But Charles, given the genes could live a other 30 years.

I think that Will is not too happy right now.. I hope it wont last.. but I fear it might be based on H's marriage.. and he is resentful that he has tried to be helpful to H but is not getting anywhere.. and he has lost a fellow worker in the j ob. re them returning I dont quite know what would happen with the public.
They MIGHT just accept H's return or H and Meg's return if they were to come back to royal work gradually.. if they kept their heads down, did their work, increasing it as things improved..
They might be tolerated because the RF's working party IS going to slim down more and more as everybody ages.. and
British people who like to follow royal events might feel "Well, M and H didn't do too well and I'm not crazy about them but they are needed and if they work hard and do an OK job now, its OK that they are back".
BUt I think their penchant for drama making and their seeming to complain a lot and their "dash to LA" will not be forgotten and may always be a problem. Charles may find them stressful to wrok with and always have to be reining them in.
I thin they are a polarising couple.. THey seem to spark off these "wars" between Cambridge fans and Sussex fans and so on.. and perhaps it is better if they stay in the Californian sun.

I feel that "half-in, half-out" is gone now. The couple seems set on being based full-time in the US. The plan to live part-time in the UK appears to have been abandoned and, whereas it may be true that Harry might be the one who wanted out in the first place, I don't see any interest on Meghan's part to be back in the UK anytime soon when it is "so good to be back home".

Last edited:
I feel that "half-in, half-out" is gone now. The couple seems set on being based full-time in the US. The plan to live part-time in the UK appears to have been abandoned and, whereas it may be true that Harry might be the one who wanted out in the first place, I don't see any interest on Meghan's part to be back in the UK anytime soon when it is "so good to be back home".

I agree but I think it is only because the Queen shut down the half-in, half-out proposal. In my opinion, Harry grew up in the royal family, loves his country and will probably want to return at some point. Additionally, I think money will be a consideration - but not the only one. I know Charles is likely supplementing their income and will probably continue, but I don't know if that is going to be enough to live the lifestyle to which they want. That house is going to need some expensive maintenance.

After COVID has receded, it will be interesting to see if they can generate sufficient income. Regardless, I think it is very possible that they will return when Charles becomes king. The only question is will they be able to come to an understanding with Charles and William about their roles. Right now that seems unlikely but in a few years, who knows?

In regards to a return - I think that will be quite tricky. This book (until or unless they come and deny any and all involvement in it and insist it is all made up and even then) will have upset a lot of people. Of course its unlikely HM and Charles are sitting reading copies on their summer breaks but they'll know what is said and the key points. After all they are CEO and dep of Windsor Inc and so will know for damage limitation reasons. But can you really imagine H&M joining the RF en masse for birthdays etc now? I think there will be a lot of people in the RF who don't trust them TBH. Things may get better when Charles is King as Harry will be his son and that will make the dynamics different as for now I can't see, for example, Anne or the Wessex's putting up with being around them if they don't want to (I think they were will a lot of people in the RF and household who believe every conversation and actions is up for being leaked to the media, would you want to spend long periods of time with people you didn't feel you could trust or be yourself around- I'm sure H&M would feel the same) whereas when Charles is King it will become - "H&M will be there as my son and daughter in law so like it or lump it". However, the slight fly in the ointment there will be the biggest personal falling out seems to have been between Harry and William and, as we have said repeatedly, regardless of both being sons William is Charles' direct heir and a one day King so just on that, if he insists on not being present when Harry is that will cause issues that can't just be ignored. I really just don't see an easy way back for H&M because they appear not to have just walked away from the RF as a business but have done so with lots of hurt personal feelings (on both sides) which won't be repaired easily and certainly not while they are living half way around the world. I can see the likes of Zara and Mike being the ones willing to act as if nothing has happened but the RF as a whole, I'm not so sure (that's not me being mean thats just how I think the reality will be). That of course doesn't mean they won't and shouldn't come back to the UK, to Frogmore and see those they want to but I do think it will be sometime before everyone in the RF is happy to see them and I don't believe Meghan particularly wants to come back at all.

Half in, half out was never going to work IMO, that seemed to suggest that in the UK they would be royals but in the US (where I always thought they intended to end up part of the time) they would be celebrities free to earn their own money and do their own projects. The only way it would work was if H&M were willing to accept a lot of oversight and involvement from the Royal Household so they can be assured all deals are justifiable and above board. Maybe if a couple with a better relationship with the Household wanted to do it they may have pulled it off but they saw the Household as hostile already so I think everyone knew it wouldn't work out. Despite their claims on the contrary there were never any real examples of royals carrying HRH and being royals representing the Queen on one hand and being able to go into business and make their own money on the other. Eugenie and Beatrice don't do official duties on behalf of HM neither does Prince Michael of Kent. They do support key charities which are personally important to them and attend key family events but it always seemed H&M wanted more than that and quite frankly it just wasn't workable.

In regards to earning income, that will be interesting. If they want to go down the speaking route there may be less business and demand as companies who have suffered cope with smaller budgets for speakers etc and there are less opportunities to host events with large gatherings. - if your going to drop a 6 figure sum on a speaker you don't want to do so for only 30 or so people Covid safely spread out when you could have paid the same for 100 or more people to be part of that. Advertising has been hard hit by lockdowns and recessions around the world so people are less likely to want to pay out lots for an endorsement. In both cases (advertising and speaking, people are going to have to think more carefully so are possibly more likely to default to those they know are good and proved themselves rather than the new kids on the block).

Of course we don't know their income, maybe they can easily bring in the millions needed each year to support their lifestyle without outside earnings, or even without Charles.

Last edited:
I don’t think H&M will ever be allowed to return to royal duties. I mean, who in their right mind can trust these two now. What’s to say that the return to royal duties won’t be temporary again and they’d be off after another 18 months?

About the night nanny fired on spot, whatever the reasoning, I don’t think we should hold it against two first time parents too much. Things happen.

Not only that, The Sussexes also hired an American PR agency called Sunshine Sachs, which is quite a strange choice for British royals.

Not for British Royals who value publicity and the spotlight more than duty, apparently, lol.

Meghan is pure Hollywood. She was a mediocre actress, but now she's a STAR, and she wants all those things that come with being a star.

I have to say, Sunshine [...] [Sachs] is doing a lousy job, because the PR around H and M is ALL bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think H&M will ever be allowed to return to royal duties. I mean, who in their right mind can trust these two now. What’s to say that the return to royal duties won’t be temporary again and they’d be off after another 18 months?

About the night nanny fired on spot, whatever the reasoning, I don’t think we should hold it against two first time parents too much. Things happen.

I agree, they can't be trusted......at all. They are extremely mercurial, and no matter how much they are on "good behavior", you'd still have to watch them like hawks. H and M are rogues - they need to be on their own because they are too ego-centric; everything is about them. This doesn't mean they can't return at all, it just means they can't return to being working Royals.

The NYT article was great. The lines about Catherine not inviting Meghan to go shopping with her strikes me as a uniquely American perspective. It would be extremely weird not to go shopping with one’s SIL if you were going the same place at the same time. Not that it was right or wrong to do so, but it would definitely be weird.

I imagine there were quite a few small incidents that over time, would make Meghan feel unwelcome.

The NYT article was great. The lines about Catherine not inviting Meghan to go shopping with her strikes me as a uniquely American perspective. It would be extremely weird not to go shopping with one’s SIL if you were going the same place at the same time. Not that it was right or wrong to do so, but it would definitely be weird.

I imagine there were quite a few small incidents that over time, would make Meghan feel unwelcome.

Would it also be weird if it isn't your SIL but only the relatively new girlfriend of your brother-in-law that you only met one month earlier for the very first time? Going shopping with someone else seems to be an activity for people who are rather close with each other (last year I ended up going shopping with my boss on our return from a conference as we had to spend a full day between flights and while fun, it was a little weird); I don't think they were close at that point - and trying to bond in public might not be the best option either - especially in their position.

So, would things change if you are a high-profile person that at all times needs to think about the press who might spot you when you are going about your own business - and bringing the new girlfriend of your brother-in-law might create more fuss? You'd think they would both want to avoid any additional press attention.

Last edited:
There was a book published about the BRF, "Behind the Palace Walls" by Peter Fearon. I have it. It is the usual tittle tattle -- who was not a good spouse, who treats staff rudely, etc. However, the author went to great lengths to explain the security operations in place around the Royals with regards to monitoring conversations and such. If what he wrote was even close to the truth, Meghan and Harry would have had their communications monitored from Day One, and HM would have been told about any "surprise" plans being hatched. Including "Finding Freedom". I don't think anything in the book was a surprise to HM and BP staff.

The only good thing about the Fearon book was the detailed descriptions of the ways the security services allegedly monitored the Royals.

Last edited:
So if this was teh case how come Harry claimed that Meghan had had a great time at her pre marriage meetings with the family and that they had been the family she had never had? It seems an odd swing around from "Oh they were lovely and they love her and she loves them" to " they're too formal and cold and Meg felt unhappy with them." Does not add up.

It doesn't. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

I think that Will is not too happy right now.. I hope it wont last.. but I fear it might be based on H's marriage.. and he is resentful that he has tried to be helpful to H but is not getting anywhere.. and he has lost a fellow worker in the j ob. re them returning I dont quite know what would happen with the public.
They MIGHT just accept H's return or H and Meg's return if they were to come back to royal work gradually.. if they kept their heads down, did their work, increasing it as things improved..
They might be tolerated because the RF's working party IS going to slim down more and more as everybody ages.. and
British people who like to follow royal events might feel "Well, M and H didn't do too well and I'm not crazy about them but they are needed and if they work hard and do an OK job now, its OK that they are back".
BUt I think their penchant for drama making and their seeming to complain a lot and their "dash to LA" will not be forgotten and may always be a problem. Charles may find them stressful to wrok with and always have to be reining them in.
I thin they are a polarising couple.. THey seem to spark off these "wars" between Cambridge fans and Sussex fans and so on.. and perhaps it is better if they stay in the Californian sun.

I think that their political views are pretty evident and that will make it difficult for them to ever be working royals again. Royals are supposed keep their politics to themselves and everyone knows how these two people feel, so that is also polarising.

Would it also be weird if it isn't your SIL but only the relatively new girlfriend of your brother-in-law that you only met one month earlier for the very first time? Going shopping with someone else seems to be an activity for people who are rather close with each other (last year I ended up going shopping with my boss on our return from a conference as we had to spend a full day between flights and while fun, it was a little weird); I don't think they were close at that point - and trying to bond in public might not be the best option either - especially in their position.

So, would things change if you are a high-profile person that at all times needs to think about the press who might spot you when you are going about your own business - and bringing the new girlfriend of your brother-in-law might create more fuss? You'd think they would both want to avoid any additional press attention.

I’m not sure what article you’re referring to, but lately The NY Times has sucked. When Harry and Meghan left, they published an editorial lambasting the BRF and kissing H and M’s rear ends.

In no way is it weird for people to go shopping in the same place and not to go together...people are allowed to want to do things on their own, and they don’t need reasons to do so - simply wanting to be by yourself is enough.

However, when one person has conflicts with multiple people, at some point, we have to acknowledge that the problem is not with everyone else. Harry and Meghan seem to have gone through several staff members. I don’t recall any rumors that Harry was difficult before his marriage, so I think it is safe to assume that it was Meghan who was having a hard time managing the staff. I suspect that Meghan had never dealt with full-time employees before. As an actress, she had managers, agents, stylists, etc., but no one who worked for her exclusively. My assumption is that Harry was so eager to give Meghan support that he failed to help her adjust.

With respect to Charles being more supportive, I am not sure what he could have done. I seem to recall that the broadcaster who tweeted the chimp picture was fired, so what else should have happened to him. Moreover, as we have seen with Charles and Andrew, responding to the media can sometimes backfire, so silence is often the best course.

Regarding whether Charles should have mediated the dispute between Harry and William, as others have stated, Harry and William are adults and should be able to work out any issues between themselves. I suspect that this book is not really a major source of friction right now. I doubt the royal family is happy, but there are literally hundreds of critical books out there. The “revelations” in this one are pretty mild and really don’t paint the royal family in a negative light.

I have to wonder.. shortly after the engagement ELF left, he is the one credited with helping to fix Harry’s reputation after the racist and anti Semitic events and the Vegas trip. It really seems things began to unravel once he left, and the wheel was left in the hands of others- likely Meghan and SS.

Which strengthens the theory that ELF was much more than a secretary but also a minder, tasked with making sure Harry was not going of control again and helping to navigate him in a productive and positive way.

All I know is, if I end up with bad publicity, I want ELF to take the wheel and fix it.

Last edited:
They didn’t need to hire them, Megahn was already employing them as her PR company before she met Harry, at least that’s my understanding.
There was a lot of chatter off a feminist like her to keep using a company that represented Harvey Weinstein, plus a myriad of other shady people.

Not for British Royals who value publicity and the spotlight more than duty, apparently, lol.

Meghan is pure Hollywood. She was a mediocre actress, but now she's a STAR, and she wants all those things that come with being a star.

I have to say, Sunshine [...] [Sachs] is doing a lousy job, because the PR around H and M is ALL bad

I don’t know about that, they have not stayed in business this long for being bad at PR game.
I think it is a combination of: the fact the couple are not 100% Hollywood but are still seen as members of the royal family, and people perception of them is of that.
The way they left, the rumors about their behavior.
this terrible book.
Meghan speeches and the “woe is us” narrative
The “nothing to see here, move along” attitude of the Cambridge’s.

And the fact that, and forgive my language, you can’t spin a dump into gold.

If I were SS I may take them on for the challenge.
Honestly, harking to a previous comment, they need ELF to come and fix them!!

Last edited by a moderator:

True. If Meghan expected to go shopping with Catherine after only meeting her a few weeks earlier, it shows how little Meghan knew Catherine. Chelsy was with Harry for seven years, and she was never seen shopping with Catherine. Cressida for two years , and the two women were never once pictured together.

Catherine seems to see shopping as a very solitary, get-in get-out activity. In the pap shots of her shopping since becoming a royal, it's almost always just her and her protection officer. None of her best friends there ever, and without her family usually too (though sometimes she has the kids with her). The only real exception I can think of as when she went shopping with Camilla's sister (a professional interior designer) back when they were decorating Anmer, but that seemed to be a business outing.

Where Meghan seems to view shopping as a way to cosplay Carrie Bradshaw. FF makes it seem like the main reason she bonded with Jessica and Misha was their mutual love of shopping and fashion. If Meghan thinks all women are obsessed with shopping, then she might have been confused by Catherine. But later on once she got a better grasp of Catherine's interests, they had a better opportunity to do an activity together, example go to Wimbledon together twice.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I wonder really what kind of "freedom" are Harry and Meghan really going to ever have? The more they act, the more they come out and say things and the more "publicity" these two people are getting, the more it seems that there is nowhere on the planet that these two will ever be able to go and be "left alone" to do their "own thing" and be taken seriously.

If either one of them had "baggage" before the beginning of 2020, they've sure done a remarkable job of taking on a lot of luggage ever since. To really have a quiet, private life raising Archie and just going about their lives doing what they feel they want to do now has as much chance of happening as a tornado ripping through a junkyard and assembling a fully operational private jet for the two of them.

If they had just taken their time, left the "Firm" on an amicable standing with the blessings of all the BRF and sailed into the sunset and laid low for six months to a year (or now until the pandemic scare passes back into somewhat of a normal world), they would be taken so much more seriously than the "shock and awe" we've had from this couple since the South African trip and the interview that really, when you think about it, ranks right up with Andrew's. A *huge* mistake.

True. If Meghan expected to go shopping with Catherine after only meeting her a few weeks earlier, it shows how little Meghan knew Catherine. Chelsy was with Harry for seven years, and she was never seen shopping with Catherine. Cressida for two years , and the two women were never once pictured together.

Catherine seems to see shopping as a very solitary, get-in get-out activity. In the pap shots of her shopping since becoming a royal, it's almost always just her and her protection officer. None of her best friends present ever, and without her family usually too (though sometimes she has the kids with her). The only real exception I can think of as when she went shopping with Camilla's sister (a professional interior designer) back when they were decorating Anmer, but that seemed to be a business outing.

Where Meghan seems to view shopping as a way to cosplay Carrie Bradshaw. FF makes it seem like the main reason she bonded with Jessica and Misha was their mutual love of shopping and fashion. If Meghan thinks all women are obsessed with shopping, then she might have been confused by Catherine. But later on once she got a better grasp of Catherine's interests, they had a better opportunity to do an activity together, example go to Wimbledon together twice.

Thinking along this shopping together lines, I have a serious question here. I'm an American born, bred and buttered and its always been a standing joke that when couples go out to dinner together or such, one woman gets up to go to the ladies room and the result is they go in packs. Is that somewhat of how things are in the UK or is that strictly an American oddity?

I'm serious. This is a serious question and I want to know. :D

Thinking along this shopping together lines, I have a serious question here. I'm an American born, bred and buttered and its always been a standing joke that when couples go out to dinner together or such, one woman gets up to go to the ladies room and the result is they go in packs. Is that somewhat of how things are in the UK or is that strictly an American oddity?

I'm serious. This is a serious question and I want to know. :D

It's the same here in Germany. When you need to use the loo, you look around and you see the nods from the others and then we just get up and go. To the grins of our hubbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom