Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a handful of corrections:
It is more likely that Patrick have is notice and from there Meghan role became redundant, I didn’t watch suits, but it seems like her character was really nothing but his love interest.
But I think her exit was actually thought of before that, something that the show runners said that made me think they were working on writing her out once her contract ended, which for most shows of that low rating tends to be until season 7.

She moved to the U.K. in late Nov, a week later they announced the engagement.

(And as someone who exprienced so many similar changes in a short time span, moving states, countries, jobs, losing a furbaby... three years in since being back in my home country, i’m only now starting to adjust, and covid has been a huge blessing about that actually!)

I remember reading about this on TV Line as I enjoyed reading about tv, even shows I never watched. Meghan actually gave notice in November 2017, and Patrick J. Adams didn’t make his exit official until January 2018.

https://tvline.com/2017/11/28/meghan-markle-suits-exit-confirmed-usa-season-7-rachel-zane/

https://tvline.com/2018/01/30/patri...ts-mike-leaves-season-7-last-episode-airdate/

Cutting-off seems to be Meghan's strategy as well; so it might have intensified. While some relationships might end up toxic/not worthy to maintain, the primary response should be to work things out (and as a person you will grow in the process) - cutting off/leaving should only be the ultimate solution if everything else failed. However, if this is quite often the solution someone ends up with, it's probably indicating that that person should work on themselves/harder to prevent that from happening that often.

Yes, it has been her way....and I suspect she’s rubbed off on Harry. Their premature exit as working Royals makes sense when you look at it in context of their personal relationships. Just as they quit friendships the moment they see a bump in the road (meaning someone dares to express concern about something or is not completely gung ho about their actions), H and M quit as working Royals. They were asked to be patient, but they couldn’t and didn’t want to. I would say that both H and M have to work on this aspect of themselves.

Mirabel:

Harry hardly seems recognizable any more.
I always viewed him as a lightweight intellectually, yet a happy-go-lucky type who would always enjoy life.

Now I wonder how I could have been so wrong! He seems a mass of issues, angry and opinionated.

I don't want to put it all on Meghan; Harry didn't change overnight, and he is responsible for his own actions.

I couldn't agree more

Last edited:
Fantastic analysis Muhler. As with most things the truth is probably a combination of all your points. By his own admission Harry seems to be psychologically and emotionally damaged. Meghan has filled a need in him in a way his family, friends and advisors were unable to do. I do seem to be very hard on Meghan, so to put it nicely by "saving" this damaged man she found a vehicle for what seems to be some sort of messianic mission she believe she can deliver to humanity. The sad thing is that neither are particularly talented or have much to offer aside from Harry's heritage as a springboard to launch themselves to the world.

Muhler, I think it's a combination of everything except F.

Acccording to the book, Harry was obsessed with Meghan from the start, he was in a trance while with her on that early date. That's not love, even if he thought it was; whatever he thought he was looking for, he apparently found. I get defending your spouse - everyone should do that - but at the expense of personal relationships? At the expense of your own character? No, Meghan doesn't get to have everything she wants just because she asks for it. This relates to Tommy's post.

Tommy:

b) to give Meghan time to get to know how the RF works. This was IMO one of the things that has caused the most problems for them as a couple, Meghan quite honestly doesn't now how the RF operate both as a family and as a "business" and Harry has distain for it so when she put (even quite honestly) a foot wrong Harry leapt to her defence and proclaimed how out-dated and evil the monarchy is. Allowing her more time to see how it works, what is done and not done etc would have allowed her to understanding it better herself, without so much of Harry's influence and allowed her to make better informed decisions about which things she truly 'didn't like' and would want to do differently, or even decide she didn't want to be part of "official life" at all. That would have been much more acceptable if it had been laid out at the start of their marriage than a year into it. TBH more and more over time I have come to feel Harry has done Meghan wrong in a way by not guiding her better into the RF.

:previous:

I'm beginning to think that Harry is one of those people who think that if he avoids problems, if he pushes them aside, that they will just disappear, never to crop up again. Someone suggested in another post that possibly he never apprised Meghan of the reality of life in the BRF because he was afraid of losing her. Voila - I agree. So, like you said, Tommy, he didn't educate Meghan in the ways of the BRF....and in not doing so, he definitely "done her wrong" as country songs would say. I've spoken about Meghan's negative influence on Harry, but now I'll talk about his on her. His disdain and lack of respect for the institution he grew up in is evident every time he makes one of those statements he's become infamous for. Heaven knows how he spoke about his family and the monarchy to her as they got to know each other.....

Muhler, I think it's a combination of everything except F.
:previous:

I'm beginning to think that Harry is one of those people who think that if he avoids problems, if he pushes them aside, that they will just disappear, never to crop up again. Someone suggested in another post that possibly he never apprised Meghan of the reality of life in the BRF because he was afraid of losing her. Voila - I agree. So, like you said, Tommy, he didn't educate Meghan in the ways of the BRF....and in not doing so, he definitely "done her wrong" as country songs would say. I've spoken about Meghan's negative influence on Harry, but now I'll talk about his on her. His disdain and lack of respect for the institution he grew up in is evident every time he makes one of those statements he's become infamous for. Heaven knows how he spoke about his family and the monarchy to her as they got to know each other.....
Interesting.

But surely Meghan would have an interest in insisting to learn what it means to be a prominent working royal?

It's not like Harry put a glass-shoe on her foot the day before.
She could have read books, watched documentaries, asked questions. - Pretty much like she would have prepared for a role actually.

So while Harry might have wished to shield her, Meghan could and should have insisted on preparing herself.
She's after all a mature woman who by all accounts is able to stand up for herself
And she cannot have been so ignorant that she thought being royal was only about cutting ribbons, waving and smiling.
- Unless her view of being a working royal was already distorted?

A couple of points: William and Iskip's opinions on Meghan. At the end of the day Harry, by law, had to get the queen's consent to marry her. I'm certain there was a background check was done on Meghan before the consent was given. I don't like her because A, B or C was not enough for a royal thumbs down. Adjustments were to be made and time should have been - royal households giving orders to courtiers to leave negative stories to the press to force Meghan into line was a wrong call. Bad blood in the house of Windsor? Everyone needs to own that.

Meghan's paternal family - let's not forget Meghan has not had contact with some of her family in over a decade. Sam and Jr has gone on record with the press, pre and post wedding, demanding their father should be given financial support because of the "care" and bills he paid. Finding Freedom had exposed Dad getting a percentage of the pre-wedding pap photos; court papers for the lawsuit stated Dad didn't pay 100% of Meghan's college education as claimed in the press. That gave away the game: the Markles see Harry and the BRF as their personal ATM machines and loan officers to support them for the rest of their lives. I would not be surprised if the Sussexes took legal steps to make sure no Markle gets custody of Archie should anything happened to them, and I don't blame them.

Harry's change of views - Harry grew up seeing the the world in one way and with his connection with Meghan he has seen the world from her perspective and the impact it had on their family. Harry is not allowed to change his mind on his own? Or it is easier to say he's controlled by his wife?

Of course can marry who he wants, I said time and time again in my post he should do so, this was about saying that some of the unhappiness they are experiencing could have been avoided in various ways.

I suspect there are very very few women the Queen would not have given her consent to (and those she wouldn't would have to be some sort of criminals or the like). This isn't about technicalities and legality but about them having a better life and things turning out better than they did. William asking his brother if he is sure and if he wouldn't be better to wait and give it more time is nothing to do with HM not giving consent, its a concerned man asking his brother to be 100% sure, that is what any family should or would do especially given the circumstances of a long distance relationship and marrying into the RF.

I'm not sure where "royal households giving orders to courtiers to leave negative stories to the press to force Meghan into line was a wrong call." comes from as I don't see any evidence of that.

I'm not going to argue and argue I jus think this jumping to the "legal options" and HM not giving consent is the sort of extreme attitude that has led H&M to the current sad situation we have seen. We don't have to jump to extremes, HM would be very unlikely not to give consent to the marriage, that doesn't mean the family may not be asking Harry to wait and see or slow things down. Remember even HM was asked to wait and see if Philip truly was the one, she did and he was.

Muhler - I agree, I think most people would want to be 100% sure they know how the "family business" they are marrying into works before committing. Given how prepared about many things Meghan seems to be, I'm quite surprised about her willingly jumping into the RF so quickly. I certainly think Harry influenced her views on it with his own negative thinking, probably heightened having seen W&K become the golden couple due to their path in live meaning they are future King & Queen.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of things written here but maybe someone can start a new thread, this one has gone far from concerning the book.

Muhler - I agree, I think most people would want to be 100% sure they know how the "family business" they are marrying into works before committing. Given how prepared about many things Meghan seems to be, I'm quite surprised about her willingly jumping into the RF so quickly. I certainly think Harry influenced her views on it with his own negative thinking, probably heightened having seen W&K become the golden couple due to their path in live meaning they are future King & Queen.

Interesting.

So envy, or perhaps rather a desire for him being a significant part of the future profile of the BRF as well, may have played a crucial factor in how Harry in particular defined the roles for him and Meghan?

That sure has been suggested many times in the reactions to this book, here and elsewhere.
And H&M have through this book more than hinted that it was the senior BRF members (and William) who prevented H&M from fulfilling their destiny, so to speak. Hence their exit.

The question is of course whether this falling out with his brother (and mate) is based on Harry having a very inflated view of his own importance, i.e. a character-flaw or based on his personal issues.
It is puzzling as Harry since birth would have known his future role - being a support of the monarch at any given time.

In other words: Harry feels he has not been given the jobs and recognition he deserves - including from his brother? So that the falling out of his brother regarding Meghan was the final straw? Now that he was to have a wife and as such could form a team on equal footing with W&K? The future of the BRF, as he envisioned it.

- Please bear with me, it's an ongoing thought process.

Last edited:
Or he thinks that people don't like his idol. The idol he worships and (almost desperately?) clings on to. Meghan.
You try take the most precious idol a shaman has and ridicule it in front of him. Don't expect a positive response!

Perhaps I too have been entirely wrong about Harry?

I used to see Harry as a bloke. A guy you'd have fun with, share a beer with and dirty stories. And feel happy for when he finally settled down with someone he loved and hopefully had a family of his own.
I have known and know several "Harrys."
A guy with flaws, but also a good heart, a mate you could count on and relate to.

But he sure has changed! More than the "Harrys" I know.

So what is happening?

In no particular order, but just going through my mind:
A) He is having personal issues. And they have become more pronounced than beforehand where he was able to hide it from the public.
We may be seeing some kind of breakdown?

B) We are finally seeing the genuine Harry. The facade is down. This is his true self. A self previously only known to a very few. A very self-centered Harry.
And Meghan is somehow caught up in this whirlwind of events.

C) Harry has seen the light. The light here being Meghan, or perhaps rather an idol, who happens to be a human being named Meghan. Everything positive in this world is personified in Meghan, she is his anchor.
You cannot argue with someone who has seen the light. The world has become binary, it's 0 or 1.
Such an epiphany is not unusual.

D) Meghan is a very skilled and ruthless manipulator, who has managed somehow to manipulate Harry to do her bidding. He has become her slave and she has managed to separate Harry from family and friends in order to control him.

E) Two very self-centered individuals have met and they together have created a distorted view of themselves and the world around them, not to mention their own importance in this surreal world.
They fuel each other. And they cannot accept people who differ from or criticize what H&M are doing, because what they are doing is right and just.
They need people around them who can confirm their worldview and their importance.
This book was supposed to vindicate H&M and in rational eyes it's a PR-disaster!
But if you turn it around and look at the book through completely self-centered eyes, then it makes more sense. It makes perfect sense to cut off your brother and one of your very best friends for slighting you - surely everybody can see that?!?

F) Harry is right. William and Tom Inskip are racist/snobbish. The British press is most unreasonable and borderline racist. The British public (in particular) is wrong and petty.
H&M's requests were reasonable. Their visions and the ideas they wish to promote are right, important and worthy of a global audience.
H&M should not waste their lives, visions and voices on mere national issues, when there are much more important global issues to address.

G) Your suggestion.

- These are the - sad - possibilities that are in my mind at present.

WOW

So many people I would “quote” but I think ‘B’ and ‘D’ are pretty accurate Muhler...

Way up thread, Osipi mentioned the practice speech for Invictus. I remember thinking then, now she’s directing him. Also remember him pitching a job for her at The Lion King Premier.

In my estimation, there is nothing wrong when someone close to you pre wedding asks if you are sure. It’s because they care.

Harry’s true self seems to be emerging before us. I think Madam has always been very deliberate in her own career pre Harry and nothing is going to stop her. She knows what she wants. I think she’s very deliberate in that. Something in me thinks that most folks who pursue acting dream of Hollywood as the goalpost. Any obstacles, including people, are tossed to the wind without looking back. Harry might have spewed about leaving but it seems he needed a crutch to hang on to. Yes, I do believe she fueled and exploited his rage and anger and all those things to benefit herself. He seems hypnotized by her. Slowly, it’s possible that ‘nobody cares about me’ turned to ‘nobody cares about us’ sort of thing. It is sad.

Recently I saw a pic of Harry and thought it looked like he jumped out of bed to give a speech or whatever he was on about. It is sad to see.

Sounds crazy, I know, but my gut tells me somewhere down the road, we’re going to be on here discussing California is a 50-50 state.

Manipulate, ABSOLUTELY

William, Kate and Harry were operating as a trio to some extent, especially with their mental health campaign. Then the three became the "Fab Four", as the media were saying, which made them sound like a cross between the Beatles and a gang in an Enid Blyton book :) . Then it really became First Pair and Second Pair, or First Couple and Second Couple. So I suppose Harry did feel that he'd been demoted, in a way that never really happened with, say, Princess Anne or Princess Margaret. But he's always known that that was how it'd be.

A couple of points: William and Iskip's opinions on Meghan. At the end of the day Harry, by law, had to get the queen's consent to marry her. I'm certain there was a background check was done on Meghan before the consent was given. I don't like her because A, B or C was not enough for a royal thumbs down. Adjustments were to be made and time should have been - royal households giving orders to courtiers to leave negative stories to the press to force Meghan into line was a wrong call. Bad blood in the house of Windsor? Everyone needs to own that.

Meghan's paternal family - let's not forget Meghan has not had contact with some of her family in over a decade. Sam and Jr has gone on record with the press, pre and post wedding, demanding their father should be given financial support because of the "care" and bills he paid. Finding Freedom had exposed Dad getting a percentage of the pre-wedding pap photos; court papers for the lawsuit stated Dad didn't pay 100% of Meghan's college education as claimed in the press. That gave away the game: the Markles see Harry and the BRF as their personal ATM machines and loan officers to support them for the rest of their lives. I would not be surprised if the Sussexes took legal steps to make sure no Markle gets custody of Archie should anything happened to them, and I don't blame them.

Harry's change of views - Harry grew up seeing the the world in one way and with his connection with Meghan he has seen the world from her perspective and the impact it had on their family. Harry is not allowed to change his mind on his own? Or it is easier to say he's controlled by his wife?

There's nothing else the Queen could do except giving her consent. Otherwise, the royals would be accused of racism. In fact, some members of the Sussex Squad on Twitter think that ALL royals except Harry are racist.

Interesting.

But surely Meghan would have an interest in insisting to learn what it means to be a prominent working royal?

She could have read books, watched documentaries, asked questions. - Pretty much like she would have prepared for a role actually.

So while Harry might have wished to shield her, Meghan could and should have insisted on preparing herself.
She's after all a mature woman who by all accounts is able to stand up for herself
And she cannot have been so ignorant that she thought being royal was only about cutting ribbons, waving and smiling.

Yes, I agree. I didn’t mean to absolve Meghan of responsibility, but reading books, etc...can’t replace being educated in “the life” by someone who’s lived it....and not on the periphery, either. Her behavior hasn’t been good - she strike me as a diva. However, Harry has enabled her, insisting she get her way instead of telling her that that’s not how things are done.

Interesting.

I think she lost interest the second she realized that she could not be a working royal on her terms - what Harry probably promised her or had thought out for both of them. Since extortion did not work, they left sulking/passive-agressive (Harry) and quickly moving on with the status that is left to grace the world with their humanitarian virtues (Meghan).

are[/B] racist/snobbish. The British press is most unreasonable and borderline racist. The British public (in particular) is wrong and petty.
H&M's requests were reasonable. Their visions and the ideas they wish to promote are right, important and worthy of a global audience.
H&M should not waste their lives, visions and voices on mere national issues, when there are much more important global issues to address.

G) Your suggestion.

- These are the - sad - possibilities that are in my mind at present.

Very good analysis. I personally think it is a combination but close to E.

Harry: He is incredibly damaged, self-centered and none too bright. He bought into his "Harry the lad" persona that the Palace PR machine crafted for him after the Nazi uniform and Vegas. He liked what he saw in Meghan and was desperate not to loose her. She somehow believed that they would be on equal footing with W&K and he did not bother correcting that perception. The ridiculous claim in court filings about how much money the wedding bought to the UK is the best indication of her perception of this as a popularity contest and not a hierarchy-- something Harry should have corrected.

Meghan: I think she is a plain old narcissist. She was an ageing actress looking for a bigger profile and hit the jackpot. In my opinion, she viewed her membership in the BRF as a stepping stone to making herself a insanely rich global "philanthropist". The goal was always to use her royal status to make tons of money. Like a true narcissist, she has a victim complex. The biggest indication of that came in the Africa documentary. They whined about their lot in life, in a documentary that was meant to highlight the plight of some of the most disadvantaged people on the planet. The fact that she somehow thought that the public would be sympathetic to their plight in that particular setting is a testament to how bad her narcissism really is. Finding Freedom is nothing more than the latest attempt in this.

I do not see this marriage lasting. They will both not get what they need out of this and he will run (her victim complex will never allow her to be the one to end it). At that point, Meghan becomes truly dangerous for the BRF. She will be completely uncontrollable and unpredictable.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I've never set one toe in England. I've never met anyone remotely royal from any royal family. And even I knew a lot of the things Meghan said she didn't know. I think she thought they would change for her and not the other way around. It's a thousand year old royal family (depending on when date their beginning) - why would they change for you?

Tbh, Muhler, I think the "cutting ribbons, waving and smiling" were exactly the things she didn't want to do (putting the press/social media mess aside). I think she wanted to go global, to travel around the Commonwealth, to speak at UN, at different conferences, she wasn't interested in shaking hands, visiting sick people and the daily grind of the job.

She was not prepared for what it means to be a member of BRF. And the blame is partialy on Harry, and partialy on her. It's not easy to read about another person who Harry cut out of his life just because they told him to give the relationship more time. Because in my opinion, they desperately needed that time and maybe if they used it, we wouldn't be here now.

Tbh, Muhler, I think the "cutting ribbons, waving and smiling" were exactly the things she didn't want to do (putting the press/social media mess aside). I think she wanted to go global, to travel around the Commonwealth, to speak at UN, at different conferences, she wasn't interested in shaking hands, visiting sick people and the daily grind of the job.

She was not prepared for what it means to be a member of BRF. And the blame is partialy on Harry, and partialy on her. It's not easy to read about another person who Harry cut out of his life just because they told him to give the relationship more time. Because in my opinion, they desperately needed that time and maybe if they used it, we wouldn't be here now.

Given the announcement in Jan, I think patience is not in their forte

Reactions: Fem
The publication date is fast approaching. And as I am on a family break in Connemara. I am toying with getting it on audio and playing it in the car so they all can listen.

There were many family WhatsApp messages over the Timea extracts.

Well Fem, I don’t think she gave a damn about being prepared for the RF, rather, she saw marrying as a way to open the door to the world stage and have her ‘look at me, I’m Sandra Dee’ attention she craved...

I agree with everything you said. What I see now with regards to the first part is that Meghan didn’t want to do the dirty work, the part of the Royal workload that keeps them connected to the people... She wanted to do good things on her own terms, which meant being glamorous and getting exposure....treatment that Hollywood stars get, which she wanted (and still wants).

Came across the chapter titles for the book... a few hours ago, only now did I finish laughing at how bad they are to even post them.

I can’t even...
It’s... it reads like chapter titles in a novel for tweens (9-13 demo I believe).

Attachments

• E4485E7B-F72A-4ABA-B0AD-2A5545A96559.jpg
    E4485E7B-F72A-4ABA-B0AD-2A5545A96559.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
  • EBD6ABDA-F332-4EA5-B284-4FB2EE53F304.jpg
    EBD6ABDA-F332-4EA5-B284-4FB2EE53F304.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 85
I've never set one toe in England. I've never met anyone remotely royal from any royal family. And even I knew a lot of the things Meghan said she didn't know. I think she thought they would change for her and not the other way around. It's a thousand year old royal family (depending on when date their beginning) - why would they change for you?
Well anyway, if you move to a new country it is really up to you to adapt. In her case she moved to a new country, a new family, and a unique way of life. I don't think she quite understood that, and it didn't go well. It was shocking when they left, but it is clearly for the best. I hope they will be successful and happy.

Came across the chapter titles for the book... a few hours ago, only now did I finish laughing at how bad they are to even post them.

I can’t even...
It’s... it reads like chapter titles in a novel for tweens (9-13 demo I believe).

When Harry met Meghan?

It seems kind of odd for a "biography" (granted, of a couple....sort of) has chapter titles. Cheesy.

When Harry met Meghan?

It seems kind of odd for a "biography" (granted, of a couple....sort of) has chapter titles. Cheesy.

I think its a play on words alluding to the movie "When Harry Met Sally". Still cheesy though. :lol:

Personally I think Meghan knew about the RF but thought they simply hadn't thought of her way of doing things. I think a lot of people know about the RF, the Queen etc but not how the RF works as such. It's not a diss to Meghan, I think she truly thought she would bring great ideas and new ways of doing things to the RF and they would jump on them as new and amazing. In fact they had probably been thought of already and dismissed as not appropriate for the RF, what works for celebrity doesn't always work for monarchy.

So it look's like the Duchess of Sussex - or her spokespeople - have devoted an entire chapter of "Finding Freedom" to her sister.

Another chapter to the "situation" involving her father.

Is "Tropical Storms" about their tour of the South Pacific. I hope Australia doesn't get a beating.

Another chapter is devoted to the "SussexRoyal" website, or the loss of it more likely.

"Half In. Half Out" - a chapter arguing all the good things about this idea that the Royal machine wouldn't listen to?

Look out William - "Brothers Divided".

"Nesting in Windsor" - sounds like this might be a pleasant chapter. Maybe some photos/descriptions of Frogmore Cottage for me - I like property - to browse.

Bet "The Family Meeting" chapter spills some beans.

As the chapter titled "Boom!" comes along in the earlier part of the book, what could that be about?

Even a chapter about their short time in Toronto - a chapter about that? OK.

Going to be interesting when all this is available.

Awaiting more micro-details about what has been going on behind the scenes these last few years

Hope they have been able to include some private/personal photos.

Last edited:
Lol...reminds me when we were starry eyed sophomores...

Edit—you are right Sun Lion, tweens, not sophomores, now I’m laughing at my age, ugh !

Mr Scobie and Ms Durand have spoken on radio in the US about their book.

Here is an article about it, and below that, a transcript of the chat.

I don't think there is going to be much promo done in the UK, as other posters have said, the US is the intended market for the Sussexes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ded-Prince-Harry-public-journey-wokeness.html

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/09/9006...and-chart-harry-and-meghans-journey-in-new-bo

(P.S. One of the prices we have to pay for the extra years Missjersey. :lol:)

Last edited:
Personally I think Meghan knew about the RF but thought they simply hadn't thought of her way of doing things. I think a lot of people know about the RF, the Queen etc but not how the RF works as such. It's not a diss to Meghan, I think she truly thought she would bring great ideas and new ways of doing things to the RF and they would jump on them as new and amazing. In fact they had probably been thought of already and dismissed as not appropriate for the RF, what works for celebrity doesn't always work for monarchy.

It was said once years ago, in connection with 'married in's' into the BRF that nobody knows what it is really like until they are actually living the royal life under the spotlight, doing the fulltime work/engagements, in other words, after marriage.

And so the Community Cookbook that sold in its thousands in order to extend the Hub kitchens near the Grenfell Towers, enabling food deliveries to those in need, wasn't a good idea? And the clothing collection for SmartWorks that tried to help women who wished to get back into the workforce, wasnt a good idea either?

Strange that SmartWorks were afterwards able to open extra outlets to assist their clientele then due to the publicity and extra donations. They were very very pleased at the time. As were the ladies with their new kitchen facilities.

Incidentally, I remember reading that when Meghan was cooking with the Hub community kitchen ladies (regularly before the book launch) and discussing ideas for the book that Harry said to a friend that she came back home every time with a big smile on her face. Because she was accepted and was not being judged presumably.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was said once years ago, in connection with 'married in's' into the BRF that nobody knows what it is really like until they are actually living the royal life under the spotlight, doing the fulltime work/engagements, in other words, after marriage.

And so the Community Cookbook that sold in its thousands in order to extend the Hub kitchens near the Grenfell Towers, enabling food deliveries to those in need, wasn't a good idea? And the clothing collection for SmartWorks that tried to help women who wished to get back into the workforce, wasnt a good idea either?

Strange that SmartWorks were afterwards able to open extra outlets to assist their clientele then due to the publicity and extra donations. They were very very pleased at the time. As were the ladies with their new kitchen facilities.

You know Curryong that I’m usually of a different opinion...

Yes, all charity work is wonderful when it helps others. It can change lives.

Yes, no one knows exactly what one marrying in is really like. Sometimes, especially in the beginning, I’m of the opinion, it’s better to be seen and not heard.

For me, Meghan jumped in like a hurricane. I just had a hurricane here, wind howling, trees down, debris all over and you know what, besides the mess left behind, I lost power. Reminds me of her.

You can disagree because we usually do (saying with a smile) if they had only stayed, I’m of the firm belief that they could have done so much more for people. Many, many people. Instead, what I see is a couple who left like an erupting volcano.

They are going to have more to talk about. If Harry's friends were trashing Meghan behind her back and it as with racial overtones Harry was right to cut them loose. I am curious to see how the Markles are treated. Of course they will say it's not true. But in a US court the Markles have the burden of proof for a libel suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom