Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't. You need to be real. This was leaked and everyone said. ' It can't be right. You are being to cruel to them'. They quite obviously communicated with the writers in some way. This is their truth.

When you as a journo are a Royal writer and part of the "rat pack", you have access to all kind of sources, you need not to talk to one of the RF at all to learn most about what happens there.

I am just not willing to believe Harry & Meghan are so stupid to want to see the world reading this! (the things I know from reading the Guardian's report).
Excerpts are always just teasers and/or follow someone's agenda.

I personally am seriously in doubt this guy Scobie is as close to them as he thinks or makes it appear. And he is someone who sells out people for gain.

IMHO they allowed him a lot of access when he planned to write a book about their great romance. Including some of their complaints to give him a proper story. That it turned out as it is? I don't think Harry & Meghan planned it that way and they couldn't stop it once Scobie sniffed the big money. People once asked who answered can be asked again, right? And a lot of people, even those in general supportive, may have made up a different mind once they saw what was planned with "SussexRoyal" and so on.

Meghan has been in over her head with the media and the inner workings at the palaces, Harry is an imbecile with more cotton dreams than real life experience. IMHO!

If my private picture of Diana is correct, she was a woman who knew exactly that to further her son William's claim to the throne could only happen with a good relationship for William with Charles and the queen. Harry OTOH could have been hers. And we know how pushy she was when she wanted something. Which makes it even more tragic for Harry to loose her so early in his life.

But would have been a reason why he was spoiled by William and Charles (and probably the queen, too). I think they were glad he stayed within "their" circle of friends and advisors and went to the army. Coming back he tried to find his place as a working Royal but with Meghan all that changed.

The problem IMHO was that there was always a way out, as she is American, first as a negociation point, maybe a thread but mishandled like they did, it backfired. Plus this book? Oh, what a shitty situation!

So it appears that they are a stupid pair who gave access to someone who was going to write some kind of nonsensical book which will only make them look bad?

When you as a journo are a Royal writer and part of the "rat pack", you have access to all kind of sources, you need not to talk to one of the RF at all to learn most about what happens there.

I am just not willing to believe Harry & Meghan are so stupid to want to see the world reading this! (the things I know from reading the Guardian's report).
Excerpts are always just teasers and/or follow someone's agenda.

I personally am seriously in doubt this guy Scobie is as close to them as he thinks or makes it appear. And he is someone who sells out people for gain.

IMHO they allowed him a lot of access when he planned to write a book about their great romance. Including some of their complaints to give him a proper story. That it turned out as it is? I don't think Harry & Meghan planned it that way and they couldn't stop it once Scobie sniffed the big money. People once asked who answered can be asked again, right? And a lot of people, even those in general supportive, may have made up a different mind once they saw what was planned with "SussexRoyal" and so on.

Meghan has been in over her head with the media and the inner workings at the palaces, Harry is an imbecile with more cotton dreams than real life experience. IMHO!

If my private picture of Diana is correct, she was a woman who knew exactly that to further her son William's claim to the throne could only happen with a good relationship for William with Charles and the queen. Harry OTOH could have been hers. And we know how pushy she was when she wanted something. Which makes it even more tragic for Harry to loose her so early in his life.

But would have been a reason why he was spoiled by William and Charles (and probably the queen, too). I think they were glad he stayed within "their" circle of friends and advisors and went to the army. Coming back he tried to find his place as a working Royal but with Meghan all that changed.

The problem IMHO was that there was always a way out, as she is American, first as a negociation point, maybe a thread but mishandled like they did, it backfired. Plus this book? Oh, what a shitty situation!

Harry and Meghan don't think the book is bad. Because it is their story. It won't do their mental health any good when they see people's responses.

William was always going to be King regardless of any type of relationship.

So it appears that they are a stupid pair who gave access to someone who was going to write some kind of nonsensical book which will only make them look bad?

Well they are not that bright. She always appear to talk with such confidence and intelligence but it's the Ameeicsn confidence seeing her through. They aren't the sharpest but then neither are lots of others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they are not that bright. She always appear to talk with such confidence and intelligence but it's the Ameeicsn confidence seeing her through. They aren't the sharpest but then neither are lots of others.

but thats not the point. They must be pretty damn stupid, if Omid has taken advantage of them to such an extent...According to my understanding he was a favoured reporter.. and now he's written a book which according to some posters is all his imagination since Meg Harry etc haven't helped him with it..

I think Diana had a lot of issues stemming from the fact that her own parents were very bitterly divorced and that their children, especially Diana and her brother as they were so young when their parents split, were made to feel like piggy in the middle between them. Then William and Harry got caught up in the War of the Waleses, and then Diana died when they were both still so young. And now, if this goes on, Archie is going to grow up in a situation where his parents don't speak to one of his grandparents and have abused the other side of his family all over the world's media. It'd be great as a 1980s soap opera like Dallas or Dynasty, but it's pretty horrible in real life.

There is never the truth, there are always many various truths.
It is a matter of respect to accept somebody's truth or let's say respect the way the person has developped feelings because of his or hers truth when dealing with somebody directly.

Well they are not that bright. She always appears to talk with such confidence and intelligence but it's the American confidence seeing her through. They aren't the sharpest but then neither are lots of others.

but thats not the point. They must be pretty damn stupid, if Omid has taken advantage of them to such an extent...According to my understanding he was a favoured reporter.. and now he's written a book which according to some posters is all his imagination since Meg Harry etc haven't helped him with it..

No one actually believes that? Do they?

I think Diana had a lot of issues stemming from the fact that her own parents were very bitterly divorced and that their children, especially Diana and her brother as they were so young when their parents split, were made to feel like piggy in the middle between them. Then William and Harry got caught up in the War of the Waleses, and then Diana died when they were both still so young. And now, if this goes on, Archie is going to grow up in a situation where his parents don't speak to one of his grandparents and have abused the other side of his family all over the world's media. It'd be great as a 1980s soap opera like Dallas or Dynasty, but it's pretty horrible in real life.

I think the ships' sailed re Archie's grandfather - if you mean TOmas Markle.

No one actually believes that? Do they?

It appears that some people dont believe that Meg and Harry had any input into the book and that the book itself isn't very accurate...

It appears that some people dont believe that Meg and Harry had any input into the book and that the book itself isn't very accurate...

May not be accurate but it is their version . It also just confirms that they were the leakers in the palace.

Harry and Meghan don't think the book is bad. Because it is their story. It won't do their mental health any good when they see people's responses.

William was always going to be King regardless of any type of relationship.

I thought that is obvious, H&M do not realize the book, as far as we can see now,
does make them look bad and immaturely .....
The book looks like just another step on their selfdestroying path.
And Harry, who I do not consider very bright, is hardly going to find a way out of this on his own and with M. who seems to strengthen his opinions rather than being corrective, I wonder how many years maybe a lifetime it will take hime to come over this and find peace. But this is life, isn't it.
But for the child it is a real damage to grow up like this, heaven help him!

May not be accurate but it is their version . It also just confirms that they were the leakers in the palace.

Yes i think it is basically what they think and how they see things...so in that sense it is accurate. Just as Diana Her True Story was HER version of the breakdown of her marriage..but her version was different to Charles's...I think that they may or may not have had a direct input, but I think that what's in the book fits with what we have heard from them...so it is giving their side of the story...Again Wil and Kate, teh queen and Charles may have a different version.

I think she wanted the fake emerald tiara\ necklace that Sophie has often worn. But if I am not mistaken that is something that Sophie hires or loans from the jewellery store and not owned by the Queen. Just surmising as it appears to have been a emerald tiara she saw on another royal.

Not stupid as in not intelligent. Just not used to deal with such a situation in a proper way. Which is, before you ask, don't complain, don't explain.

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie. They wanted "their" side to be told: but IMHO back then only about the romance of the century and their struggles within the Royal family. To let the public know. I don't think they planned to move away at the point when they granted Scobie access.

It was a windfall gain for him. But nothing H&M really wanted, because it closed up avenues for them.

I thought that is obvious, H&M do not realize the book, as far as we can see now,
does make them look bad and immaturely .....
The book looks like just another step on their selfdestroying path.
And Harry, who I do not consider very bright, is hardly going to find a way out of this on his own and with M. who seems to strengthen his opinions rather than being corrective, I wonder how many years maybe a lifetime it will take hime to come over this and find peace. But this is life, isn't it.
But for the child it is a real damage to grow up like this, heaven help him!

Well he has skills and abilities but an intellectual, or even a higher order thinker, he is not.

And it looks like she isn't that bright either. But she
too has other skills. I really hesitate to call people stupid as intelligence is multi faceted. But at this game, they are without skills.

They just have no advice they are willing to listen to. Diana was the same. It is dangerous really.

Omid wrote a book with Carolyn and will make money. Good on him.

Last edited:
Not stupid as in not intelligent. Just not used to deal with such a situation in a proper way. Which is, before you ask, don't complain, don't explain.

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie. They wanted "their" side to be told: but IMHO back then only about the romance of the century and their struggles within the Royal family. To let the public know. I don't think they planned to move away at the point when they granted Scobie access.

It was a windfall gain for him. But nothing H&M really wanted, because it closed up avenues for them.
so it appears they did complain to and talk to Omid...because tehy wanted "their side" to be told....

Take a look in the Meghan wedding tiara thread at the last posting there by Leopoldine, who tracked down what she believes is a likely contender. A very interesting theory on the Yusopoff emerald bandeau.

They surely didn't think of where they would end up when they started complaining and found a friendly ear in Scobie.

This has been bothering me: what did they hope to gain from getting their side of the story out? If Harry truly wanted to continue representing the Queen part-time, he had to know that the book wouldn't help. I also think a rift with the royal family will hurt their ability to earn an income.

Didnt Eugenie wear an emerald tiara?

Do you know I really thought people made that bit up. Buy now it seems it's true. Eugenie is the Queen's grandmother, and may have, for all we know, picked out that tiara years ago, incase she ever got married. So off limits.

Last edited:

I'm one of those people. I think, at this point, Harry and Meghan's input into the book is questionable at the very least. Its not a given fact than can be credibly proven that they did or didn't provide input. Unless the sources for information are actually named for any "friends" that provided input, the sources remain questionable and not fact that they've cooperated with this book.

With so many questionable variables, it makes the book, itself, questionable. Accuracy is based on fact.

This has been bothering me: what did they hope to gain from getting their side of the story out? If Harry truly wanted to continue representing the Queen part-time, he had to know that the book wouldn't help. I also think a rift with the royal family will hurt their ability to earn an income.

Not sure.. he may think that a bit of dispute with the RF will make them more popular in the US?
Its not clear either how long this books' been in the works. If they only started it in January by then H and Meg were out of the RF.

I find the whole thing so sad, the only person on Meghans side that they appear to have a relationship with is Doria, and at the moment not sure about any contact with Harrys family.

I was forgetting that Eug got married after Meghan, I thought that she might have liked E's tiara and felt that an emerald one would be nice... Not necessarily teh same tiara but another emerald one

Not sure.. he may think that a bit of dispute with the RF will make them more popular in the US?
Its not clear either how long this books' been in the works. If they only started it in January by then H and Meg were out of the RF.
Americans love the British royal family but I guess conflict sells.

I was forgetting that Eug got married after Meghan, I thought that she might have liked E's tiara and felt that an emerald one would be nice... Not necessarily teh same tiara but another emerald one

I don't know if there is another which is worn really.

And if Eugenie wanted the emerald. Another one with emeralds would be vetoed.

so it appears they did complain to and talk to Omid...because tehy wanted "their side" to be told....

IMHO we have to look at this in two different parts:

1. The time between marriage and their holiday in Canada.

Harry and Meghan saw themselves as not appreciated. The media was after her (stirring up the pot, racism, xenophobia, personal dislike, whatever), the "firm" blocked their "new" ideas, the family did not support them enough and Meghan did not agree with the nomenclatura of the family.

There was a positively thinking journo who appreciated their workand thought, too, that they should play a more important role. He agreed with them in a lot of things and when he thought a book might help their cause over the negative media, they thought, why not? (IMHO!)
And they had a lot of ideas how to become a more modern Royal couple, help others, present their ideas... well, we all know that! They decided to build their own foundation, to go their own ways within the family, they at least spoke to Scobie.

2. After Canada...
They were blocked by the firm and did not get the help they hoped for by the family members. They had already prepared so much, so they could start off "running". And then everything had to stop and before the media could have a big scoup, they went public and , well we know how that ended.
Scobie stopped the book and stayed on the topic doing research. Now Harry and Meghan surely realised what a bad idea it was to talk to any journo. Too late!

And now we are here and they are in the US, there's this book... Which probably now that it is clear H&M won't be too happy about, has a bit more gossip than originally planned. IMHO again. Like the stuff about the "other" emerald tiara...

However, in Robert Jobson's biography of Charles, which is where this tiara row story originated, Meghan was refused an emerald tiara because it had an unknown provenance which the Press might have seized on.

That does not apply to the tiara Eugenie wore, which was originally Russian from the Imperial Family and was part of the Greville bequest to the QM. Whereas, if there was an emerald tiara in the vaults which had a doubtful history, it wouldn't have been regarded as suitable from the beginning and wouldn't have been offered.

However, we don't know how much of Jobson's story is the truth, as it would have been extremely peculiar for Angela Kelly to have offered, on the Queen's behalf, (a) a tiara earmarked for a favourite engaged granddaughter of HM, or (b) something dodgy that hadn't been worn for decades, with a debatable provenance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom